You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

DUTCH CRUISERS, NO, JUST NO FOR PETE'S SAKE.

18 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,891 posts
24,781 battles

@Hapa_Fodder

Please pass on serious concerns over the complete broken aspect of the ships.

Points to consider:

1) armour extremely strong for a cruiser that is above their peers.

2) guns extremely strong compared to their peers.

3) concealment that defies logic; 281mm guns stealthily in smoke than german 281?

4) complete game breaking air strike.

Recommendations:

1) to counter 1,2 and 3- increase detection range.

2) increase gun re-load times.

3) air strikes; 1 max per AMMO charge, no stacking.

Cool down of 2 to 3 minutes.

Decrease planes, or bombs dropped.

Fire chance lowered to 5% to 8%.

Run-in start at 8 km range for AA to have meaning.

4) lower plane health.

As a huge lover of the game, and veteran of all the changes, this one class and AMMO type is game breaking to the point of having to stop playing.

Sincerely a Closed Beta WOT and WOWS player.   

• Thanks 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[PISD]
Members
2,011 posts
6,647 battles

I would scrap the air strike all together and increase their concealment.

but keep in mind it is classic Wargaming:

1- release ships with absurd stats in testing.

2- get youtuber to claim their are op.

3-nerf them a little

4- get crowds of players rushing to the higher tier of the line because they are op.

5- if not Russian nerf bat them.

• Cool 3

[5D]
Members
1,183 posts
16,054 battles

Yes to their gimmick I like to balance a few ship with it 

[WHEE]
Members
175 posts
4,278 battles

The thing that drives me insane is the air strikes completely hamstring counterplay. 

You want to defend yourself? No warning for you and the planes spawn within your AA bubble. AA upgrades and skills are even more meaningless. 

Honestly, I tend to me a little more accepting of air strikes, but the devs seemingly going out of there way to gut a ship’s chances to defend themselves is just a low blow. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PISD]
Members
2,011 posts
6,647 battles
12 minutes ago, celticboy27 said:

The thing that drives me insane is the air strikes completely hamstring counterplay. 

You want to defend yourself? No warning for you and the planes spawn within your AA bubble. AA upgrades and skills are even more meaningless. 

Honestly, I tend to me a little more accepting of air strikes, but the devs seemingly going out of there way to gut a ship’s chances to defend themselves is just a low blow. 

Air strike seems to be easy to evade when you go full speed and use wasd hack. 

but it is pretty much useless considering how strong the ship are themselves.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,891 posts
24,781 battles
3 hours ago, Karstodes said:

Air strike seems to be easy to evade when you go full speed and use wasd hack. 

but it is pretty much useless considering how strong the ship are themselves.

This...

The ships are way too strong in of themselves,  but to add an instant your dead feature too?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,891 posts
24,781 battles

@Hapa_Fodder, @Mademoisail:

I presented an original topic with feedback, but seem to be ignored on constructive concerns.

Is it just my limited exposure skewing my judgement?

Are these still in early testing expecting a 2 to 3 cycle patch cycle to balance them?

Or is this going to be another CV rework live tweaking experience we have to suffer through?

[A-D-F]
Members
554 posts
18,257 battles
On 5/24/2021 at 8:43 PM, celticboy27 said:

The only counter play against "air strikes" ...

... Is to be out side of the "air strike" range. That is 10~14 km away depending on the tier.

So basically play like "Dead Eye" has never left and "drive in circles" at ~20km form the nearest enemy BB or CA.

[JACK]
Members
106 posts
30,312 battles

already having CCS talk trash to the player base as they use air strike to stove our faces in using air strike . enough !  wows most of us would play call of duty , if we wanted to deal with air strikes etc. ships that  do not have flat tops should not have air strike abilities of any kind . leave cv works to cvs and battle carriers. not that you will hear our words to wows our words are as so much dust in the wind . 

[DOG]
Members
21 posts
4,783 battles

I'm totally psyched for the Dutch cruiser line!  Being of Dutch decent, it's been really neat researching the real ships of the Dutch navy during WWII.  Just not thrilled about the air strike feature.  We've got enough issues with CVs.

Cheers.

[99TH]
Members
11 posts
2,145 battles

Just throwing it out there, but I suspect that this is an attempt from wargaming to reduce the amount of island camping that happens. 

[UNC]
Members
980 posts
6,587 battles

Having played a few games in Dutch cruisers, I don't feel like they are OP in any way.  The main battery reload is too long, IMO; at least too long to make up for having the Air Strike.  Using the Air Strike, unless your target is stationary guessing the lead and any changes in direction is difficult enough that even with a good guess you will likely only hit a couple of bombs if any.  I think my BEST game so far I hit a grand total of 9 bombs for a total of 5400 damage, and that was with the tier 8.  The main battery for the tier 8 is 9x 203mm guns and the reload is 15 seconds. Other than Adrenaline Rush there is no way to improve that.  More games will give me a better idea, but first impression is that the main battery reload could be improved to about 13.5s without making the ship OP. 

At any rate - and I realize the sample size is small - I think they could be interesting ships.  Situationally strong but definitely not OP from what I've seen so far.  Average fire starters, usable AP, the Air Strike can be useful against parked targets but is much less useful against maneuvering ships.  Armor is useful; if you can bait shots into your belt you can mitigate damage from BBs.  The citadel is deep but you will eat full pens for days if you flash your sides.  I am looking forward to more games to see what Haarlem is capable of.  So far I have a 100% Win Rate in her, though the average damage is modest.

• Cool 1

[IHW]
Members
11 posts
5,488 battles

So far the Dutch cruisers for me are average across the board in just about every way. Armor seems to hold up pretty well and the AA is decent (40mm Bofors). Everything else is just meh, to the point of being boring. The gun performance doesn’t make up for the lack of torpedoes like other cruiser lines.

The airstrike gimmick isn’t exactly game changing for me, even the bots are random enough to evade it thanks to the long lead time. Can’t imagine it being effective against anything but potatoes in Randoms. Probably good for spamming smoke or trying a hail mary zone reset.

Maybe the Great Value brand Scharnhorst at T10 will be great.

Edited by Halcion

[-IWI-]
Members
4 posts
1,737 battles

I was thrilled and happy to see Dutch cruisers coming in to WoW since i'm part Dutch.

Now playing Kijkduin i'm disappointed and returning to my favorite on level 6, Pensacola.

Members
226 posts
7,049 battles

I don't know what Dutch cruisers you guys have, but the Eendracht is a POS.  Can't turn, paper armor, ineffective guns, always uptiered.  The airstrike thing doesn't make up for the poor weaponry.  And you have to be within 10km.  Get seen by anything that close and you're done.

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,635 posts
On 8/30/2021 at 6:58 PM, Tigerspook said:

I don't know what Dutch cruisers you guys have, but the Eendracht is a POS.  Can't turn, paper armor, ineffective guns, always uptiered.  The airstrike thing doesn't make up for the poor weaponry.  And you have to be within 10km.  Get seen by anything that close and you're done.

Post was from May when they were in Tester hands.   They have been tuned alot since then.

The Normal ER MY GOD its OP when still be NDA/Testing.

Members
618 posts
3,415 battles
On 8/30/2021 at 7:58 PM, Tigerspook said:

I skipped Eendracht. I've played enough tier 7 light cruiser games, thank you. I'm hoping Haarlem is worth it, with its German 203s.