You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SerenityLost

Who thought this up

52 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
21 posts
17,643 battles

So, i am in a match with a F,D Roosevelt . i am in C with my ZAO and the CV/Cancer flies around me tucked up next to an island. does a VERY tight circle and torps me with 8 torp dropped very close together.... i take 5-6 torps.... he comes back around by this time hes down to like 3 planes.. by the time he does his drop hes down to 1 plane.. he F ing drops and 8 torps hit the water.... wth    I have played WOW sense beta and this Pissed me off, this is why alot of people HATE CV in this game....

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 2

[INTEL]
Members
3,578 posts
23,046 battles
3 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Were you alone?

Anyone who's ever watched a horror movie knows you don't go alone. 

• Funny 4

[AN2AC]
Members
316 posts
11,711 battles
2 hours ago, Nachoo31 said:

Were you alone?

who cares, 1 plane drops 8 torpedoes is the question here.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFH]
Members
1,119 posts
6,156 battles

I would think that the ordinance was released before the aircraft were shot down, … otherwise it might be a bug. You should grab the replay for further analysis (even send it to WG), before it gets auto-deleted.

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,025 posts

1 plane didn't drop 8 torps.  He probably killed the planes after the torps dropped.  He was alone he going to eat more torpedoes.  

• Meh 1

[KSE]
Members
789 posts
27,122 battles

4 torps per plane. 2 Planes per squad. Keep in mind the damage is still quite a bit lower per torp.

[SALVO]
Members
27,755 posts
39,049 battles
6 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

who cares, 1 plane drops 8 torpedoes is the question dork.

You deserved everything you got if you were alone (and not because there were no other friendlies to assist you with AA).  If you'd had AA help, perhaps that single plane wouldn't have survived to drop all those torps in the first place.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 13

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles

Dont hate on the ordnance... If every other ordnance can do the same DMG, torps should deal the same amount of pain as the other ordnance respectively...

Edited by Navalpride33

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,282 posts
18,646 battles

You cut the "alone" crap...seriously that is NOT a reason for CV fail.  ALONE is pretty easy to do in this game.  Most ships at this tier are like 6K AA range on average... so if your 7k away your not getting much help.  7K is pretty close in terms of, "hey I better make sure I don't cross that guy or, ram him."   How often are you even sailing with your Div mates at 6k?? Takes a lot of discipline to sail that close to provide AA support, and that is not happening to most folks in randoms.  CVs are a cancer on the game... end of story.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
21 posts
17,643 battles

I was not alone... anyone who has played the game in the last few months know that CVs fly right in no matter how many teir 10 ships are around.. i had a teir 10 BB within 4kof me... the point is the 1 plane dropped 8 torps on the second pass!!!

• Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
9,767 battles
5 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

FDR is the Chuck Norris of CV's. Live with it.

No. She's Chucky alright but of different variety

New_Chucky.png.b4b2840c93c8cc40fe41fd2c93f92037.png

• Funny 2

[SLI]
10,460 posts
1 hour ago, SerenityLost said:

I was not alone... anyone who has played the game in the last few months know that CVs fly right in no matter how many teir 10 ships are around.. i had a teir 10 BB within 4kof me... the point is the 1 plane dropped 8 torps on the second pass!!!

One plane did not drop 8 torps on you. FDR drops 4 torps per plane with a flight of 2 attacking planes for a total of 8 torps, from 2 planes. He either dropped first and then you shot one down after, or you are misremembering. 

FYI, CVs often look for ships tucked into islands that their team can't shoot at.  Making them move or die, is part of their purpose on a team.  Saying you stayed near "a T10 BB" doesn't mean much.  Some BBs have better AA than others.

For example a Conqueror's AA doesn't scare me much. It has 4 flak clouds and a relatively low DPS.  Slava's AA on the other hand, has 8 flak clouds to deal with and a high continuous DPS per tick. FDR planes are notoriously slow.  So even if I successfully dodge and weave double the flak, they are still going spend a lot of time in that high damage sphere, which I can't do anything about.   Ergo, all other strategy equal, I am going to drop on ships near a Conq vs ships near a Slava.

The amount of AA protection that is provided, depends on the specific ship that you are near.  Not just "a T10". 

shot-21.05.24_16.42.51-0624.jpg

Beta Testers
21 posts
17,643 battles

I dont give a D.  if WG designed the CVs to not be affected by AAA until the last 2 planes and are  the only planes dropping torps. that is FU. a wave of CV planes consist of 7-8 dots. as you shot them down. the DPS of the squadrun should go down. not just the last 2 planes... And when has a plane ever dropped 4 torps per plane per run...only a CV main would defend the stupidity

• Meh 1

[SLI]
10,460 posts
4 minutes ago, SerenityLost said:

I dont give a D. 

If D stands for details, you should.  Knowing them is often the difference between a win or being sunk.

• Cool 1

Members
3,011 posts
2,864 battles
6 minutes ago, SerenityLost said:

And when has a plane ever dropped 4 torps per plane per run...

You don't even want to know some of the plane designs my country came up with.

[SLI]
10,460 posts
2 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

You don't even want to know some of the plane designs my country came up with.

The Douglas XTB2D Skypirate carried 4 torps in real life.  The exact plane that WG put on the FDR in the game, that carries 4 torps. They were for service aboard Midway class CVs, which the FDR was.

In this case, WG didn't make things up.

• Cool 2

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
3 hours ago, SerenityLost said:

this is why alot of people HATE CV in this game....

No, that's why a lot of people, even those who are ok with CVs, hate FDR....

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
55 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The Douglas XTB2D Skypirate carried 4 torps in real life.  The exact plane that WG put on the FDR in the game, that carries 4 torps. They served aboard Midway class CVs, which the FDR was.

Well, other than the in-game Skypirate's UFO-like handling....

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,732 battles

You know what would be really neat?

If the CV Hate Crowd could post their thoughts without resorting to using words like cancer.  I realize it would require a minimal level of education and thoughtfulness, but I think it could be a worthy goal to aspire to.

If for no other reason than to show a wee bit of consideration to us survivors of actual cancer.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,755 posts
39,049 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

The Douglas XTB2D Skypirate carried 4 torps in real life.  The exact plane that WG put on the FDR in the game, that carries 4 torps. They served aboard Midway class CVs, which the FDR was.

OK, but did that plane have the capability of dropping all 4 torps at once?