Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Air Strike may be a good thing to bring back players - I support it as is.

98 comments in this topic

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

This maybe the thing that brings back our clan into more regular play if it comes in like it is. It's probably the only interesting thing introduced in a long time for Wows. I support it coming in as is. There does not seem to be much that needs tweaking. It definitely alters meta and opens up the game. Anything that can influence camping and back play is a good thing in my humble opinion.

I don't think we should be criticizing WOWS devs for trying to create a variety of tools that can cause turbulence for the current boring meta.

Let's the airstrikes roll !!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 25

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles

How does it open the game up?  Most ships cannot dodge effectively at that short of a range so using islands to isolate fights is the only way to push up and this eliminates that option.  That being the case, the only attractive option becomes staying as far in the back as you can while still being able to apply some influence.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

[F4E]
Members
1,362 posts
30,231 battles

forget airstrike, we need nukes, preferably launching from submarines.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
2,647 posts
16,691 battles

and then when this drives people out from their islands, the same people who like this type of thing will also complain about people getting erased early in the game. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles

Right now, WOWS is acting like a repellent... Its desperately repelling its old timers in exchange for new ones with a new WOWS in game experience...

I am very skeptical  this ploy will work...

If the apple is rotten to the core, then it doesn't matter how red and shiny it looks from a far... Its bad...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 8

Members
17 posts
1,623 battles
53 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Anything that can influence camping and back play is a good thing in my humble opinion.

I don't think we should be criticizing WOWS devs for trying to create a variety of tools that can cause turbulence for the current boring meta.

I agree, wholeheartedly, absolutely, 110%, you could not be more right...

....on a totally unrelated subject, when does my Iowa get its active-radar assisted aiming and nuclear-tipped tomahawks back?  How about the Super Heavy Shells with the same pen characteristics as Yamatos' 18"ers?  Because she actually had all that stuff(two of the three during the WW2 era) and I feel they would be less game-breaking than this nonsense.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts
42 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

and then when this drives people out from their islands, the same people who like this type of thing will also complain about people getting erased early in the game. 

Getting erased early in game is natures way of telling you to play better.:Smile_trollface:

This game needs a Darwin Achievement in randoms for dying early.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,282 posts
18,711 battles
44 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Right now, WOWS is acting like a repellent... Its desperately repelling its old timers in exchange for new ones with a new WOWS in game experience...

I am very skeptical  this ploy will work...

If the apple is rotten to the core, then it doesn't matter how red and shiny it looks from a far... Its bad...

Sometimes I wonder if companies actually try and kill off their games...you see this a lot... good game and then the screw it up and keep screwing it up and don't listen to the long term players, who get frustrated and quit.  Then company panics, tries and rolls things back and pisses off the newcomers...and end of game.

[INTEL]
Members
3,588 posts
23,124 battles
58 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

forget airstrike, we need nukes, preferably launching from submarines.

planes will need a refresh to keep up

590106 with AIR-2A Genie | F-106 Delta Dart Photo/Video Gallery

[BONKS]
Members
4,575 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

It definitely alters meta and opens up the game. Anything that can influence camping and back play is a good thing in my humble opinion.

I'm curious as to how exactly air strikes are supposed to make the game more dynamic?

[CLUMP]
Members
2,857 posts
2,996 battles

Cv haters reaction to this thread 

Ql8V0os.gif

TKevo2w.gif

Even I think airstrike is broken been able to spam all 3 charges at once :fish_palm:

• Haha 1

[TORCH]
Members
818 posts
8,238 battles
2 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

This maybe the thing that brings back our clan into more regular play if it comes in like it is. It's probably the only interesting thing introduced in a long time for Wows. I support it coming in as is. There does not seem to be much that needs tweaking. It definitely alters meta and opens up the game. Anything that can influence camping and back play is a good thing in my humble opinion.

That's either a really poor troll job or you should go get a CAT scan...

• Boring 1

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I'm curious as to how exactly air strikes are supposed to make the game more dynamic?

More options to play and tactics to develop.  Critical thinkers will devise ways to use this feature in a way that benefits their team. After an extended time with this boring meta we have it will be a nice change.

@ThisIsClassic ...

20121119185652-c6f928fc.jpg

Soon wait a couple of patches I am sure they will rationalize it since a bombs are historically correct in WW2. :Smile-_tongue:

Members
1,193 posts
8,080 battles

if introduced in the current state the only thing they will achive is to further screw the gameplay, playing agresive or pushing is bad enought to olso have to worry about airstrikes so for once please try to introduce something that punish snipers instead of the sucker  trying to push.

either that or show some mercy to brawler ships and give them some big buff to their AA 

Edited by pepe_trueno

[FDK]
Members
1,510 posts
2 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

[PVE]
Members
8,656 posts
24 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Cv haters reaction to this thread

This is all I see every time you post.

I'm just having some fun with this, no offense intended.:Smile_great:

hdy.thumb.jpg.b254ee4eac0cc7f48ba73ebfab87d57c.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,857 posts
2,996 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

This is all I see every time you post.

I'm just having some fun with this, no offense intended.:Smile_great:

hdy.thumb.jpg.b254ee4eac0cc7f48ba73ebfab87d57c.jpg

You got jokes huh :Smile_popcorn:

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

You can't say it's universal though, I'm for anything that keeps people moving.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Simple. As opposed to directed planes, which you can't really dodge anyway, these planes will definitely be easier to avoid or mitigate if you're moving and maneuvering, because the target area is fixed. 

If there's continuous movement, it's dynamic by definition.

Ideally, this is what naval aviation should be, airstrike consumables, as opposed to playable CVs.

• Thanks 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Simple. As opposed to directed planes, which you can't really dodge anyway, these planes will definitely be easier to avoid or mitigate if you're moving and maneuvering, because the target area is fixed. 

The problem with that is that most ships, meaning cruisers and battleships, in the game cannot effectively dodge shellfire at those ranges so while moving and maneuvering may make it hard for the Dutch airstrike to hit you, you are easy prey for gunships now.

Basically, pick how you want to die.

Or stay far back and don't.

• Cool 2

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

The problem with that is that most ships, meaning cruisers and battleships, in the game cannot effectively dodge shellfire at those ranges so while moving and maneuvering may make it hard for the Dutch airstrike to hit you, you are easy prey for gunships now.

Basically, pick how you want to die.

Or stay far back and don't.

I dunno, I'm on the move constantly at mid-range, and I don't feel that I'm easy prey.

When the only way to succeed in this game is to sit still and constantly cower behind islands, I'll be on my way out. Just glad it's not there yet.

• Meh 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I dunno, I'm on the move constantly at mid-range, and I don't feel that I'm easy prey.

When the only way to succeed in this game is to sit still and constantly cower behind islands, I'll be on my way out. Just glad it's not there yet.

What do you consider mid range?  This is, currently, 13km, which I consider on the edge of mid and short range.

It is, however, attached to a ship that is, despite being nearly the size of Scharnhorst, stealthier than Neptune.  Consequently you'll need to stay pretty far back to be safe from it.

Edited by Helstrem

[PVE]
Members
8,656 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I think if someone outside reviewed our own play, we're all be very surprised by the findings.  In other words, you probably are the worst person to judge how you play.

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles
20 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You can't say it's universal though, I'm for anything that keeps people moving.

Be careful what you ask for... You may not like the final result... :cap_book: