You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dagger1013

Anyone else feel likes super cruiser fire duration should be brought back to 45 seconds?

6 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
Members
265 posts
8,279 battles

So I got the Siegfried over the weekend, and the guns have indeed been quite satisfying.

But good lord, the fires. 

Didn't really notice the change with my Alaska since I'm at range anyways, and I can safely disengage and put out single fire if I so wished. 

With Siegfried though, since it's like Petro in that it's HE is terrible and it's AP needs broadsides, I've found myself needing to flank more aggressively to get said broadsides, coming under more intense fire occasionally. 

Let me tell you, it feels absolutely awful being more susceptible to fires than even my BBs. 

No FP is the biggest one, single fires quickly turn into double fires on the superstructure. 

To make matters worse, no BoS. Although to be fair, most of my BB captains didn't run it anyways. 

Then there's the slot 4 upgrade. Sure, you could take damage control mod 2,but you're still a cruiser. You still need to bait shots into your belt and quickly angle back in, or turn your bow out of the way of incoming shells. Can't really afford to take fire mitigation there if it would mean eating a lot more normal penetration damage. 

So I think it's time to revert supercruiser burn times down to 45 seconds. It'll still be worse than pre rework, since two 45 second fires are going to hurt more than one 60 second fire, but at least it'll be a bit more manageable. 

Edited by dagger1013
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[META_]
Members
1,840 posts
19,126 battles

I LOVEEE my supercruisers BUT they are the best in tier 9 cruiser winrates already....so no , couldn't agree with something to make them.even stronger...sorry.....this is the upper 50% of players for all tier 9 cruisers..the supercruisers dominate 

Screenshot_20210524-152227_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Meta_Man

[SIM]
Members
5,916 posts
9,444 battles

I’d rather see them rework fires in general, since they’re currently garbage as a mechanic. 

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
7,600 posts
6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’d rather see them rework fires in general, since they’re currently garbage as a mechanic. 

Rework fires how?

[NMKJT]
Members
3,400 posts
8,592 battles
37 minutes ago, dagger1013 said:

So I think it's time to revert supercruiser burn times down to 45 seconds. It'll still be worse than pre rework, since two 45 second fires are going to hurt more than one 60 second fire, but at least it'll be a bit more manageable. 

Now that FP's gone from them, I wouldn't mind it.