You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Musket22

Insult to Injury

11 comments in this topic

[-AGW-]
Members
118 posts
30,465 battles

The game bugs out - ie your timer keeps cyckling without logging me into the match. 

I log out to re-log in and then get this 

image.png.9cb760983fb0b292be6146e7b73aae1b.png

• Haha 1

[FOXY]
Members
3,355 posts
8,165 battles
11 minutes ago, Musket22 said:

The game bugs out - ie your timer keeps cyckling without logging me into the match. 

Oh no, 3 whole matches in coop!

Ive had their login hang on going into battle, kill the program, dont exit out through the menu. It will let you enter the match.

Not sure if there is a time limit on that though.

[CNO]
Members
6,797 posts
20,424 battles

That's OK.  WG is just trying to give you true immersion into the life of a Sailor, Soldier. Marine, or Airman (...cough..Airperson).  Although some screw ups are the fault of the person, one will find out in military life that quite often it is the screw up of others that one finds they are paying the price. In this instance, perhaps it was an issue on WG end....or it could have been something on your end, or your provider's or Microsoft's end...or anyone's end...doesn't matter.  You failed to show up.  Now give me five...and three laps around the field.  On second thought, given you're complaining...make it five.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,251 posts
22,540 battles
4 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Oh no, 3 whole matches in coop!

Not even that. He can play randoms just fine being pink.

[FOXY]
Members
3,355 posts
8,165 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Not even that. He can play randoms just fine being pink.

Ooo i misread it! Right you are!

[ARGSY]
Members
25,656 posts
19,737 battles

This is to prevent people who don't like the team matchups from unplugging their router cable and getting out of it without penalty.

Keep a single T1 ship in port. Knock out three co-op battles to wash out the pink.

I found out the hard way a couple of years back, when I kept having repeated disconnect, lag and ping-spike issues, that the problem lay entirely on my end. Every time I remember there being a foul-up at the server end, I have been richly compensated.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

The system is no fault since the server doesn't know if your game/computer crashed or if you pulled the plug on your router. As long as this isn't happening on a regular basis don't worry about it.

[PVE]
Members
1,616 posts
44,671 battles
2 hours ago, Musket22 said:

Blame the old random players that would just leave the game if they did not like the MM or a ship in the game.

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,427 battles
2 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Not sure if there is a time limit on that though.

Well...1st off you do need to get back in before time runs out (like how I have a flair for stating the obvious...but...

...beyond the obvious)...there are certain criteria that must be met to not get pink status...

1- Move 10km (10km amount not officially announced...I personally data mined shortly after the present system dropped...9.8 km got me zero credits/zero XP/pink status...10.4km got me pity credits/XP & no pink status...figured it was probably 10km but didn't mine any further...as I don't get that many disconnects...so there may be a variable of .6km).

If you manage either of the other 2 criteria...moving 10km is unnecessary...they are either...

Hit anything w/main armaments (damage not required...just a single hit...but human controlled armaments. This may actually apply to non hits that create potential damage...just my theory that it does but no confirmation)...2nds & AA don't count...

Even if you shoot down enough planes w/AA to get the achievement or sink a ship w/2nds...if you haven't moved 10km you don't get XP or creds & you do turn pink.

Enter any cap circle. This usually requires about a 10km trip anyway but for the Epicenter front line DD...if your team manages to keep you alive & you don't get logged back in until 10 seconds are left (clock or score ending match)...if you can boost past that line before time runs out or the score hits 1,000/0 then you can (theoretically) save the pink status & get pity XP...per the wording in the article back in the day... don't know of any specific examples of this happening though.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SIM]
Members
5,909 posts
9,432 battles

It’s annoying, but nothing more. Just go back to playing normally.