Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HaruSket

Ranked waste of time ? total failure ?

9 comments in this topic

[FURIA]
Members
64 posts
15,081 battles

Hello captains and sailors, This post is to reflect on the ranked, maybe I've been offline for a long time, but is it my imagination, or is the ranked garbage? I mean. the rewards and mechanics are totally absurd, (in my opinion) I see the interface of their gameplay somewhat absurd that they re-start for a while, I don't understand what the purpose of that is, and the rewards ... ha ... rewards ... wow WG please don't give me anything if you want. I mean, encourage me to play! Come on let me fall into your gambling addiction fauses ... please ... I see this ... and I say what do I play for? That incentivizes me if there are almost no rewards. Come on, we are talking about ranked! before it was much more beautiful and better! and i see this.

shot-21_05.24_03_25.39-0151.thumb.jpg.f8b9c150a7e1d58794552d3e2c292a6f.jpg

This is not a complaint, but if WG wants you can take it as a recommendation. That does not work, and I know that many of you feel the same, because that is where you leave the few hairs on your head and the gray hair, And for those few rewards in the game I prefer that you sell me the steel. That way I don't waste my time and I don't get stressed. The game is for fun, not for having a hard time.

Members
1,781 posts
6 minutes ago, HaruSket said:

That incentivizes me if there are almost no rewards. Come on, we are talking about ranked! before it was much more beautiful and better! and i see this.

The rewards have been rework completely, and are now issued for number of wins and not tied to specific ranks (apart from R1).

See the new article here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-3/

image.thumb.png.d79227f062dd6cc52f227696e7ed2099.png

Yes, total rewards went down, but you can now get them for just playing at your own pace without worrying of reaching specific ranks, just farm enough wins.

• Cool 1

[FURIA]
Members
64 posts
15,081 battles
5 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Las recompensas se han rediseñado por completo y ahora se emiten por la cantidad de victorias y no están vinculadas a rangos específicos (aparte de R1).

Vea el nuevo artículo aquí: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-3/

image.thumb.png.d79227f062dd6cc52f227696e7ed2099.png

Sí, las recompensas totales disminuyeron, pero ahora puedes obtenerlas por jugar a tu propio ritmo sin preocuparte de alcanzar rangos específicos, solo acumula suficientes ganancias.

That makes sense, but does it feel like it's slower? And thank you very much for the information, I feel that before if you stayed in rank 10 you started at 15 it was not necessary to reach 21 I think or 18 I do not remember very well. and I feel like it was easy to get at least 7 or 5 of the range. I would like to know your opinion captain.

Members
1,781 posts

It is more a question of expectations and mentality.

Personally, I see ranked more as a "randoms 7v7" instead of a competitive game mode, with extra rewards along the way. The different leagues help with that, as you don't have to go up to Gold to most of the rewards, almost everything is available already on silver and even bronze. This leaves a lot of the competitive-minded players and the "must spam battles to Rank1" type of players in gold after week 2 (It takes a bit to reach equilibrium).

Last season in silver League the player pool was quite consistent, and it was fun playing the battles and you could rank out in just a few days, collecting all the rewards along the way. The crowd in silver was less salty or toxic, and MM & games were more consistent than previously. Overall, my salt levels have gone down significantly and I enjoy this iteration much more.

Be warned though, a lot of people don't like the short sprint type of style, where you start at Rank10 in your league again and again. So "ranking out" is not that much of an achievement anymore, at the same time you get to play more fun games.

My advice to you: Give it a try, stay in bronze (or go up to silver, but avoid gold for now), but stay there for a few sprints. Just play for your wins until you get all the rewards and don't worry about getting to Rank 1 or doing the Qualification stages. Try to focus on enjoyment of the game and less on progression, you might find that new ranked can be fun.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[DREAD]
Members
59 posts
1,065 battles

Ideally, PLAYING THE GAME would be the reward (known as "internal reward) and ranked battles would be a more tactical, competitive mode for players seeking that type of match compared to normal random battle.  However, WG prefers the mobile gaming format of "give treat for rat pushing button", also known as "external reward".

You don't need to rank up to earn all the rewards, except the very last bit at rank 1.  This model encourages players to fail to their 10 wins and then quit playing. In your case you earned your rewards for 10 wins before you earned rank 1, so you have no more external rewards for playing until (if) you reach rank 1.  Then, you will earn rewards for reaching rank 1.  It's not an ideal model. It doesn't encourage most players to play more than games for 10 wins.

Edited by Mercsn

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,082 posts

WG will never change the ranked by removing stars which is a creating of causing players to try and save a star. The quals are redundant and unnecessary.

I have been saying that over and over since the rework of ranked. They proclaimed how much better it would be but did not understand that gold will get corrosive and toxic while silver tarnishes into elitism and Bronze is the cesspool of people who cannot get a adequate winrate to rank out.

At first the steel was the draw. Been working on it two years exactly. Grind grind grind. I have enough now to pick a ship or two. I am burned out on steel.

The only good thing about ranked is that winning is easy. Provided your team understands that the enemy team is passive, effermite and weak. So you get predatory and pick off the weakest and most squishy then work down.

[APES]
Members
718 posts
8,874 battles

Ranked should just be replaced. Have t 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10 as separate modes. Don’t give steel reward for x number of wins, replace it with x number of bxp. The concept of ranked is already dead, there’s no point in ranking out anymore.

[DREAD]
Members
59 posts
1,065 battles
11 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Ranked should just be replaced. Have t 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10 as separate modes. Don’t give steel reward for x number of wins, replace it with x number of bxp. The concept of ranked is already dead, there’s no point in ranking out anymore.

I like the way a certain MMO with orcs, elves, etc did arena:  you play a minimum amount of games to qualify for rewards.  Then, you earn rewards based on the rating you attained during your play.  People could either do the minimum to qualify and get whatever they earned by rating or they could continue to play to try and increase their rating for the week.  Even once my and my teammate were "stuck" in our rating, not able to make much progress, we still played A LOT because the matches were dynamic, fun, sometime frustrating.  But, we had the chance to learn, improve and have fun with our characters in a more tense, tactical setting. 

Members
1,781 posts
6 hours ago, xHeavy said:

WG will never change the ranked by removing stars which is a creating of causing players to try and save a star. The quals are redundant and unnecessary.

I have to ask you, what would you like Ranked to be? Is it just another grind that needs to get finished, or is it another game mode with rewards on the side?

If WG removed the save the star system, people would quit matches much sooner or just go afk as soon as a victory was improbable. Quals are essential to keep the league system running, being the only type of skill gating we have in this game apart from CB.

Personally, I find the attitude of "must grind to rank 1 for steel" to be the source of most toxicity, as it drives people to play in modes and MM pools that are way above their skill level while relying on consecutive wins to get to the rewards. This creates an atmosphere of "you hold me back because I lost a star because of my team, and now my grind is even longer".

Try to not see it as a grind for something, look at it as randoms with different MM pools and rewards on the side.

• Meh 1

Sign in to follow this