Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralFlame76

Emile Bertin, Konigsberg, or Montecuccoli?

Which ship is better?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is better?

• Emile Bertin
    • Konigsberg
    • Montecuccoli

11 comments in this topic

[TF-64]
Members
75 posts
2,085 battles

Which one do you guys think is the best of the 3? Just want some opinions since I'm looking for a new cruiser line to play.

[SPTR]
Members
27,735 posts
18,529 battles

I would say Emile Bertin, comfortable main battery placement that fire further than many of its peers at its tier, DD like top speed and french blackhole generator these overall factors make it ideal for firing and dancing at the back or dancing at the flanks.

Montecuccoli has a ridiculous long reload time to justify the benefits of being armed with larger guns.

Konigsberg HE somewhat floaty rounds doesn't explode as well as the ship itself.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,120 posts

None of the three.

They are dated, not survivable in today's game situation.

Members
23 posts
4,744 battles

The German Cruisers are good. Although Konigsberg is made of wet paper. It can be fun and was my top ship for a period as it helps make you pay more attention to positioning(you still get hit for a lot of damage) and cover

[ARGSY]
Members
25,691 posts
19,781 battles

Of the three lines, I have found the Germans most fun to play - and you need to consider where the line takes you as well as where you are now. For example, Emerald is a dumpster fire of a ship compared to Konigsberg, but out of the Fiji and the Yorck, I'd rather be in the Fiji.

That being said, I enjoyed both Konigsberg and Nurnberg. K particularly can be very powerful when she's top tier, because many of the cruisers she faces in the T4-5 bracket have archaic gun layouts while she has modern guns with 360 rotation on the back turrets, good reach, and (unlike Emerald or Montecuccoli) the ability to start fires with her main armament. She also packs a hefty torpedo punch, although it doesn't reach as far out as the others.

Emile I also found fun (I ground right through it without even filling the upgrade slots!), but I didn't find anywhere near as much enjoyment once I got further up the line, and the Italian cruisers I played as far as Amalfi and have stopped.

[USMC-]
Members
387 posts
9,796 battles

Konigsburg, as it get you one step closer to the Hindy.

[WOLFG]
Members
273 posts
4,606 battles

if you are looking solely at the Tier 5 in the line then I would definitely say the Emile Bertin, the reload on the guns is a bit long but you are faster than several destroyers in your MM bracket being able to do 39 knots and its armor is bad its good. Seriously, if you Smolensk was an Overpen machine you ain't seen nothing yet, I believe its citadel is 10 mm all around (and it is all internal meaning no cheeky cits from HE and SAP Shells) meaning that just about any and every BB shell that hits you on the flat broadside over pen, the same goes for many heavy cruisers. 

Konigsberg offers some pretty good gins for its tier bit is just too squishy and Montecuccoli's SAP feels lackluster with so many of the battleships at tier 5 having distributed armor schemes

Edited by cheekywarship2018

[DVYJC]
Members
4,521 posts
12,361 battles

Montecuccoli is the worst of them, I think. Konigsberg and Emile Bertin are both worthy and playable, but Emile Bertin I think is the best ship of the three, ignoring whether the following ships are better or not. I.e., if you are just comparing these three ships and not taking into account that playing one of them will lead to a much better successor ship in the tech tree, then Emile Bertin is probably top dog for the speed and comfortable shooting (albeit slowish reload). 

Honestly though I am a bit biased because I like Saint-Louis and Henri IV more than Hindenburg, and I think that's a minority opinion these days. Henri IV had her day in the sun, but is no longer popular to the same extent. I actually like Saint-Louis, as I get much of my MN cruiser damage from fires, and while Henri IV has bigger guns, Saint-Louis fires more often and has Tier IX matchmaking.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,437 posts
12,888 battles
7 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I would say Emile Bertin, comfortable main battery placement that fire further than many of its peers at its tier, DD like top speed and french blackhole generator these overall factors make it ideal for firing and dancing at the back or dancing at the flanks.

Montecuccoli has a ridiculous long reload time to justify the benefits of being armed with larger guns.

Konigsberg HE somewhat floaty rounds doesn't explode as well as the ship itself.

I would agree with this.  Except the Montecuccoli has 152s.  Which kind of suck.

The Konigsberg is more exciting.  With all that word entails.

[FOXY]
Members
3,397 posts
8,171 battles
1 hour ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

if you are looking solely at the Tier 5 in the line then I would definitely say the Emile Bertin, the reload on the guns is a bit long but you are faster than several destroyers in your MM bracket being able to do 39 knots and its armor is bad its good. Seriously, if you Smolensk was an Overpen machine you ain't seen nothing yet, I believe its citadel is 10 mm all around (and it is all internal meaning no cheeky cits from HE and SAP Shells) meaning that just about any and every BB shell that hits you on the flat broadside over pen, the same goes for many heavy cruisers. 

Konigsberg offers some pretty good gins for its tier bit is just too squishy and Montecuccoli's SAP feels lackluster with so many of the battleships at tier 5 having distributed armor schemes

I loved it for that reason, its why i ended up keeping the tier 6 as a "Play everyday" Ship once i get a 21 pointer for it. The tier 8 bbs it sees cant easily citadel it, same with most of the cruisers. Sap is an issue but italian BBs and cruisers arent all that common ive noticed.

Sign in to follow this