You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

The State Of Rank These Days

14 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles

When I got up this morning and got on line I was just going to random, but I got in game and just thought i will just have look at the flag they are giving away for the event, that was the first mistake I made.

Great its the Kriegsmarrine flag it will look cool on some of my German ships, then I checked out the ship tiers and thought OK 6 /7  I will try once again another bad mistake.

Why do I do this to myself I should have known better.

shot.jpg

This was game 5 ask for BB support at B cap and this was the best they could offer me, check the the mini map. 

• Boring 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,802 posts
20,662 battles

You dead in the first 5 mins of the game 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles
31 minutes ago, tm63au said:

When I got up this morning and got on line I was just going to random, but I got in game and just thought i will just have look at the flag they are giving away for the event, that was the first mistake I made.

Great its the Kriegsmarrine flag it will look cool on some of my German ships, then I checked out the ship tiers and thought OK 6 /7  I will try once again another bad mistake.

shot.jpg

This was game 5 ask for BB support at B cap and this was the best they could offer me, check the the mini map. 

As far as I can... They're playing as they would if they were on the defensive... I can't fault them for that... That is how you position yourself on this map as de defenders...

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,977 posts
28,325 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

shot.jpg

lol.

Too many players think their KOTS material....

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

As far as I can... They're playing as they would if they were on the defensive... I can't fault them for that... That is how you position yourself on this map as de defenders...

Yeah OK the only problem with that is we are down two caps to one, holding a defensive stance wont get us caps.

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
4 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

lol.

Too many players think their KOTS material....

Ok well if your referring to me I have in any way shape or form felt I was KOTS material far from it.

At the start of match I asked for a fast BB to coming support me and another DD at B cap, one BB said yes, when I got in there the other DD bolted so I tried to get out to and got smashed, looked at my mini map only to that my so called support and the rest of the team sitting behind islands.

Kind of frustrating when you go do your job in a DD only to be given the short shaft for the effort.

cheers

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

You dead in the first 5 mins of the game 

Like that has not happen to you before, I'm certain I have screen shot around here somewhere, of the worlds greatest Smith player

[O7]
Supertester
568 posts
15,217 battles

Given that you are dead 5 minutes in, you didn't do your job very well. 

The island chains that run east to west make it very difficult for either side to support the mid fight, especially early on. Try to go in as a cruiser or BB and these islands will trap you if something goes wrong. 

Z-39 also has excellent concealment and HP pool, so you shouldn't be dying this early unless you make major mistakes or detonate. 

I get that we are all human and are not expected to play perfectly, but all too often I see players quick to point out other's misplays while ignoring their own obvious mistakes. Those are the kind of players that never get better, no matter how much they play. 

• Thanks 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,644 battles

Dying this early in in the middle means you were focused and overextended before your team could keep their guns in check.  

My advice?  If you want to take middle on this map or most in general where there's little cover (and do this admittedly contesting 75% of the time easily), consider getting close to the cap then turning out while reversing, to eventually reverse into the cap.  Angle your guns at where another DD would be, and if you get heavily focused, zoom away while smoking.  

Positioning like this to kite and disengage will save you precious DD HP, and let you live easier.  

• Thanks 2

[WORX]
Members
16,908 posts
22,074 battles
10 hours ago, tm63au said:

Yeah OK the only problem with that is we are down two caps to one, holding a defensive stance wont get us caps.

That is not a player issue, this problem falls on the lap of the DEVs and how they want us to play, based on the capabilities of the fleet ships in the match...

I play this map literally hundreds of times. What they're doing is not out of the ordinary or out of character.

• Thanks 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,977 posts
28,325 battles
12 hours ago, tm63au said:

Ok well if your referring to me I have in any way shape or form felt I was KOTS material far from it.

At the start of match I asked for a fast BB to coming support me and another DD at B cap, one BB said yes, when I got in there the other DD bolted so I tried to get out to and got smashed, looked at my mini map only to that my so called support and the rest of the team sitting behind islands.

Kind of frustrating when you go do your job in a DD only to be given the short shaft for the effort.

cheers

No, what I ment was that recent KOTS carried over into that mentality. 

I too asked for help and was ignored as they chased a cruiser away from caps or hid behind islands.

• Cool 1

[TO07]
Members
4,114 posts
30,407 battles
9 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

No, what I ment was that recent KOTS carried over into that mentality. 

I too asked for help and was ignored as they chased a cruiser away from caps or hid behind islands.

This game can be a nightmare to play sometimes the other times a Joy :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1