Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
soonerfan62

Flaw in programming that could help the game

6 comments in this topic

[-OS-]
Members
20 posts
9,121 battles

Ok today while playing a Benson I encountered a Cossack.  HIs detect was 5.5 mine 5.8.   I was detected, then he fired, I then detected him.  I fired and veered away from him.  He fired again then smoked, I fired at him as he vanished.  Now there was nobody near us that could have spotted me and I asked their team to make sure.  If I cannot see him in smoke,,, then for reality purposes he should not have been able to see me either.   But under normal circumstances after a ship fires I know that it remains seen for a short duration, unless it keeps firing,,,,,, which I did not because I had nothing visible to fire at.  I was way past his 3km hydro range, so that was not a factor.  Please re program so that ships in smoke cannot see out of the smoke just like ships cannot see into the smoke, and the game will be much more realistic.  If I cannot see him ,, then realistically he should not have seen me either.  I understand he might get off one round before my ship would vanish from his sight,,, but not 4 to 5 rounds.   

• Boring 1

[STURM]
Members
738 posts
6,334 battles

A replay would help us figure out if this was a bug or just something you missed.

Members
229 posts
71 battles

Unless there was another stealth ship nearby that did not shoot,  e.g. remained stealth and kept you lit.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,529 posts
18,431 battles

a replay would describe the situation better in this case.

Look at the folder where you install WOWs, open it, go to folder "replay", upload that replay for us to review it for you

[-OS-]
Members
20 posts
9,121 battles

I got more info from the guy working with me.  He says there was a Georgia 10km away that spotted me after i fired at the smoking Cossack.  I understand the mechanics of being spotted by gun fire... But still realistically the Cossacks dispersion firing at me by radio contact from a ship at  10km while i am making evasive maneuvers needs to be addressed .  You should not be able to precision shoot from a smoke cloud with only radio input from another ship that accurately, it would be physically impossible. That is what needs to be addressed, if the game is to be as realistic as possible.  This is where the flaw is in this situation,, it is just not realistic at all.   The way the game works now the Cossack with the help of radio from a ship 10km away is able to fire just like he sees me out in the open and no smoke with precision accuracy,, believe he did not miss.  Realistically maybe in real life he might have been able to land 1 out 10 shots from smoke while being given general directions from another ship via radio ,,, if even 10 percent lol.   Remember this is supposedly 1949 ish  technology.   

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,133 posts
13,586 battles

A replay would help us in this case.

Sign in to follow this