You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
youkali

Guilio Cesare, WOWS, and Natural and Human Selection

13 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
3,907 battles

, or why evolution works so much slower than it otherwise could

TLDR unless a biology nut

WOWS is a biology lab, among other things.  It demonstrates natural selection and artificial selection at work, q.v.:

Evolution and natural selection review (article) | Khan Academy

As well as this fascinating differential equation:

Microsoft Word - Notes-Predator-Prey.doc (psu.edu)

A predator with truly upscale skills would soon run out of prey, is the short read.

In WOWS, the deity, which we’ll call Minsk, steps in before that happens, because prey is its bread and butter too, so to speak.  So Minsk cuts the predator’s reproduction rate, and the prey recover. 

BALANS is restored more quickly than in nature, where, absent Minsk, prey are eaten and predators starve, until there are more prey than predators, and, if enough predators have survived to breed, the wild differential equation dance begins again.

youk

Edited by youkali
speeling
  • Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,725 posts
17,683 battles
40 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Contrary to popular belief, capslock is not cruise control for cool.

And proper use of lower case sure ain’t no fix for tear-jerking boredom. I mean the OP is swinging-for-the-fence boring.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Disjointed. Has no conclusion. Generates more questions than its worth to engage in.

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
2 hours ago, youkali said:

WOWS is a biology lab, among other things.  It demonstrates natural selection and artificial selection at work, q.v.:

A predator with truly upscale skills would soon run out of prey, is the short read.

In WOWS, the deity, which we’ll call Minsk, steps in before that happens, because prey is its bread and butter too, so to speak.  So Minsk cuts the predator’s reproduction rate, and the prey recover. 

BALANS is restored more quickly than in nature, where, absent Minsk, prey are eaten and predators starve, until there are more prey than predators, and, if enough predators have survived to breed, the wild differential equation dance begins again.

youk

I have literally no idea what you are trying to say here.

• Thanks 2

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,945 posts
28,248 battles
2 hours ago, youkali said:

youk

Somebody else has gotten a KRAKEN in a MINSK I see....

Great sleeper of a Russian destroyer.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

some drugs are awesome.

The only issue is that anything really good is regulated or illegal.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,047 posts
26,902 battles
6 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Great sleeper of a Russian destroyer.

I ground through Minsk twice, almost exclusively in co-op, when I was going through one of my burnout-from-Randoms phases. The fact that WG had given away a permacamo just before I got into her helped a lot. 

That ship is HILARIOUS in co-op, because the need to launch torps at less than 3km if you want to guarantee any hits at all means that her one big disadvantage (relative to all other T7 destroyers) is completely nullified.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,945 posts
28,248 battles
10 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I ground through Minsk twice, almost exclusively in co-op, when I was going through one of my burnout-from-Randoms phases. The fact that WG had given away a permacamo just before I got into her helped a lot. 

That ship is HILARIOUS in co-op, because the need to launch torps at less than 3km if you want to guarantee any hits at all means that her one big disadvantage (relative to all other T7 destroyers) is completely nullified.

And that speed enables you to make a Yolo Emilio blush.

[BTLST]
[BTLST]
Members
1,069 posts
17,262 battles
2 hours ago, AviationCruiser_Mogami said:

... what?

7DQ.gif

At night it's colder than outside. :Smile_glasses: