You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaliburxZero

I present to you a (more) ethical way to play your CV

34 comments in this topic

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,912 posts
10,605 battles

So.  As I've been told by so many here, CVs are balanced.  Now, let's hold that thought in our heads, shall we?  Since they are no more powerful than the rest, like losing your CV that should have as much impact on your team as a single DD, right?  

Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... I present to you a very balanced and ethical experience using your Haku:  After all, no need for a full div and imbalance things right?  Let's make the game fair and square!

Have fun and fair seas!

giphy.gif

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 7

[CLUMP]
Members
2,065 posts
2,429 battles

Mhe4syi.gif

I am not Unicum and already use this I don't use consumable though however using this requires the heal though so it's unpractical to use it :Smile_popcorn: Also you don't need the consumable anyways just have to learned to time it properly :Smile_trollface: Been doing this for a while now :Smile_hiding: 

Q39ujEL.gif

But shhh you don't let wargaming know its a big wiz-kid pro unicum secret uber move :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,420 posts
6,928 battles

Yes please, more CV sniping... maybe they could nerf the plane heal consumable to corrrect this... :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
1 hour ago, CaliburxZero said:

So.  As I've been told by so many here, CVs are balanced.  Now, let's hold that thought in our heads, shall we?  Since they are no more powerful than the rest, like losing your CV that should have as much impact on your team as a single DD, right?  

Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... I present to you a very balanced and ethical experience using your Haku:  After all, no need for a full div and imbalance things right?  Let's make the game fair and square!

Have fun and fair seas!

giphy.gif

The best player on the NA serve has an average damage between 150-200k. Thats the best.

The average Midway is 70k

So op, so much damage at 10.  Wow so much power 

If cv had the power people pretend they do they would be amazing.

The worst part of this is you know that.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[PVE]
Members
7,571 posts

I like it.  It would be even better if both teams' CVs snipe each other.  Wouldn't mean your team would lose it's CV too, yes.  Ever see Mallrats, "small price to pay for the smiting of one's enemies". :Smile_trollface:

[KAG]
Members
507 posts
24,760 battles

Wouldn't it be easier to snipe with the FDR? I don't have the ship, but the plane HP and number of torps might make it easier, no?

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,981 battles
1 minute ago, OnociTsalk said:

Wouldn't it be easier to snipe with the FDR? I don't have the ship, but the plane HP and number of torps might make it easier, no?

No, FDR planes are too slow and have no heal. 

[KAG]
Members
507 posts
24,760 battles
2 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

No, FDR planes are too slow and have no heal. 

That makes sense. Gotcha. Wanna try this Hack-ryu thing though

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,949 battles

Well if you want to snipe CV, I guess Immelman or MvR would be better.

But I always thought the fighter planes would basically shoots until it reaches its amount of planes kill based on the squadron size. I didnt know it was damage based.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,912 posts
10,605 battles
4 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Well if you want to snipe CV, I guess Immelman or MvR would be better.

But I always thought the fighter planes would basically shoots until it reaches its amount of planes kill based on the squadron size. I didnt know it was damage based.

Many have Haku, and I'm pretty sure only Immelman is as good if not better.  

In any case, I just wanted to highlight something that would be very, very easy to do with just a bit of game knowledge.  Would this be possible with any other class?  We both know the answer, and its deliciously ironic.  

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,981 battles

Yep, Immelmann is a very good alternative if you don't have Hakuryu. 

Can get 2 TB drops off if you time the heal correctly, and you can skip bomb the enemy CV from outside the fighter zone.

Haku is probably still better as each TB drop hits like a truck and you can get many drops off with one squadron. 

[FOXY]
Members
3,230 posts
8,096 battles
7 hours ago, jags_domain said:

The best player on the NA serve has an average damage between 150-200k. Thats the best.

Whats the average spotting damage of carriers?

Members
618 posts
3,405 battles
7 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I don't really have a dog in the CV fight, but the average Midway damage across all servers is 91k.  For comparison, Montana is 86k. The terrifying Smolensk, with its more experienced captains, is also 86k.

If you sort the table there by damage, 4 out of the highest 10 damage dealers are CVs. The others are all BBs. And as Princess noted, CVs offer unparalleled spotting, so simply citing their DPG is not capturing their contribution, any more than talking about the DPG of DDs or radar cruisers.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
54 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I don't really have a dog in the CV fight, but the average Midway damage across all servers is 91k.  For comparison, Montana is 86k. The terrifying Smolensk, with its more experienced captains, is also 86k.

If you sort the table there by damage, 4 out of the highest 10 damage dealers are CVs. The others are all BBs. And as Princess noted, CVs offer unparalleled spotting, so simply citing their DPG is not capturing their contribution, any more than talking about the DPG of DDs or radar cruisers.

Lets focus on NA which is what we are on.

Midway needs a buff when it comes to damage.  Under 80k average which means its often under 50k in allot of matches.

My real problem is the constant harraent for 5 years now of people playing something.

Its perfictly ok for me to Dev a Yourck at 21 KM in my MN.  But I get 1 rocket hit on a DD its OP.

Its just tiring.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Whats the average spotting damage of carriers?

Way under that.

How about a more ethical way to play DD or BB.  The whole concept is just dumb.

Members
618 posts
3,405 battles
5 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Lets focus on NA which is what we are on.

Midway needs a buff when it comes to damage.  Under 80k average which means its often under 50k in allot of matches.

My real problem is the constant harraent for 5 years now of people playing something.

Its perfictly ok for me to Dev a Yourck at 21 KM in my MN.  But I get 1 rocket hit on a DD its OP.

Its just tiring.

1. I'm not sure why we would choose a smaller data set.

2. Well, we need to compare apples to apples. I'm not sure why you disregard 91k for 80k, then decide that 80k actually equals 50k. I'm sure that the 86k average for Montana and Smol means they are often under 40k. And again, damage per game is only part of the issue that players have with CVs. As I've started playing DDs, I often get frustrated with how much better CVs are at spotting.

3. Harassment is a problem, yes.

4. If you dev struck my Yorck, then I made a positioning error. (I will note that cruiser vulnerability to BBs is its own problem, and cruiser pops are way down.) But even if I do everything "right" in my Shiratsuyu, you can still take me for 1/3 my health with rockets.

Again, I don't really have a position here (I feel ok about my IJN DDs vs CVs), but at least try to understand the anti-CV argument.

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
446 posts
10,889 battles

where did the video go?

think it is:

how to be IMMUNE to fighters Hakuryu edition

on Youtube

Edited by verkhne
more info

[PVE]
Members
7,571 posts
4 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I don't know much about the linked site but I suspect it uses all time data for its average damage.  Maple Syrup gathers data for each week individually so you can see what is happening for any ship in the current meta.  Last week's average damage for Midway was 67,622 on NA.  Spotting for the Midway was 66,948, and for comparison the Gearing was 32,440.  Those numbers are childs play when you look at FDR's spotting, 84,810.   

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles
13 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Beware serverwide CV stats, especially "top X", because they may reflect someone who played them when they were super broken at release, then stopped playing them. Hak in particular had the 4 long-drop torpedoes (the "flying Shimakaze" meme) which led to some obscene damage numbers.

15 hours ago, CaliburxZero said:

Have fun and fair seas!

Sniping lazy CVs who park at the back of the map has been a thing for a while, as has really stupid/buggy fighter AI. Not sure I've seen the fighters fully disengage and go home in the exact way it happens in the video, but it doesn't surprise me either.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,453 posts
14,532 battles

WG will buff CV AA to make this, or any CV vs CV "exploit", impossible.

[PVE]
Members
7,571 posts
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Not sure I've seen the fighters fully disengage and go home in the exact way it happens in the video, but it doesn't surprise me either.

I saw a video of Ahskance's where he said fighters do 140% damage of the target plane's HP.  If true then you'd be able to heal through a fighter attack if you can heal more than 40%.  I think the heal on the Huk's torps planes is 10% per second for 5 seconds, or 7.5 seconds with the upgrade.  That should give you enough HP to get your planes through the fighter attacks.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
5 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

1. I'm not sure why we would choose a smaller data set.

2. Well, we need to compare apples to apples. I'm not sure why you disregard 91k for 80k, then decide that 80k actually equals 50k. I'm sure that the 86k average for Montana and Smol means they are often under 40k. And again, damage per game is only part of the issue that players have with CVs. As I've started playing DDs, I often get frustrated with how much better CVs are at spotting.

3. Harassment is a problem, yes.

4. If you dev struck my Yorck, then I made a positioning error. (I will note that cruiser vulnerability to BBs is its own problem, and cruiser pops are way down.) But even if I do everything "right" in my Shiratsuyu, you can still take me for 1/3 my health with rockets.

Again, I don't really have a position here (I feel ok about my IJN DDs vs CVs), but at least try to understand the anti-CV argument.

The reason location matters is we dont deal with other server  Supposedly Asia server has better CV players. Russia better BB.

Each region should be buffed or nerfed depending on whats going on there.  And know I dont care about Kots.

As to the Youck it was not his fault  I was over 22 km away and he was going behind and island.

The same thing should be said if your getting hit by planes.  1 ship lose a few planes. 2 ships lose a lot more planes. 3 ships dont go near it.

Find an AA buddy.  You change what you do for each map change what you do if planes are around.

The harassment is off the scale and quite frighting how and what people say to each when they would never say it in person.

I dont use DD much but I have in ranked.  I have had several CV games they never saw me.

DD stealth with the rendering time makes them all but impossible to spot and attack by your self. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Beware serverwide CV stats, especially "top X", because they may reflect someone who played them when they were super broken at release, then stopped playing them. Hak in particular had the 4 long-drop torpedoes (the "flying Shimakaze" meme) which led to some obscene damage numbers.

Sniping lazy CVs who park at the back of the map has been a thing for a while, as has really stupid/buggy fighter AI. Not sure I've seen the fighters fully disengage and go home in the exact way it happens in the video, but it doesn't surprise me either.

I think stats in general should be reset.

You are correct that cv today are VERY different than 2 years ago.  How you lose planes is different.

The CV stats should be reset so they can get accurite data.