You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
6Xero9

The powercreep from Gouden Leeuw

25 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles

So, where did WG pull this ship from exactly? Ye olde book of balans? My issue with it isn't the airstrikes, that's an issue by itself, but the fact it gets such beefy armor and 283mm guns, that I feel like there's just no reason to play other tier 10 cruisers. Also, lets not mention the fact it gets a 790m turn radius like light cruiser Neptune and is even stealthier while being a battlecruiser.

I guess in essence, I just feel like there's no point trying to grind any other cruiser line until these come out, since all my effort of going through a line will just end up getting nullified by the eternal need for WG to constantly power creep...

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

That's not an issue of the ship however, but the implementation of Large cruisers/supercruisers/battlecruisers on behalf of WG.

While I understand the frustration, at least this one isn't locked behind money/resources.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
143 posts
21 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

That's not an issue of the ship however, but the implementation of Large cruisers/supercruisers/battlecruisers on behalf of WG.

They've taken fundamentally what should be a T7 battleship and shoehorned it awkwardly into cruiser matchmaking, complete with a pretty ridiculous concealment distance. Of course it would cause issues.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PISD]
Members
2,009 posts
6,640 battles
6 minutes ago, leops_1984 said:

They've taken fundamentally what should be a T7 battleship and shoehorned it awkwardly into cruiser matchmaking, complete with a pretty ridiculous concealment distance. Of course it would cause issues.

Main issue is concealment. The rest is not as bad but having British CL concealment for a Battlecruiser is pretty much dumb, and will get nerfed.

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles
7 minutes ago, leops_1984 said:

From what I remember from various proposals, tier VI is where 1047 could historically fit as a BB. 

But yeah, if Scharnhorst made it into the game in 2021 it would be a tier X cruiser :fish_boom:.

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
46 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

While I understand the frustration, at least this one isn't locked behind money/resources.

Except being a tech tree ship is worse. Who needs CVs, BBs, or DDs if you can get a team of 12 of these? I'm sure ranked will end up having loads of these ships floating around.

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
2 minutes ago, Vasili_One_Bonk_only said:

It's. Not. Even. Out. Of. Testing.

:fish_palm:

Cause WG ALWAYS listens to the playerbase right? Just like they did with FDR. Oh, wait...

• Cool 1

Members
519 posts
931 battles
40 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

Cause WG ALWAYS listens to the playerbase right? Just like they did with FDR. Oh, wait...

Doesn't stop what I said from being correct though does it. And while I share A LOT of similar sentiments about WG and their inability to balance ships and classes. Let's see it out of it's testing phase before throwing toys out the pram. 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
7 minutes ago, Vasili_One_Bonk_only said:

Doesn't stop what I said from being correct though does it. And while I share A LOT of similar sentiments about WG and their inability to balance ships and classes. Let's see it out of it's testing phase before throwing toys out the pram. 

We KNOW how this is going to go, they'll change the airstrikes to say they balanced the ship, then release the actual ship as it is but maybe less stacks of airstrikes or lower damage or w/e. Point being, it's going to release with the armor and guns it has, it's going to be a full on battlecruiser that's only slightly squishier than Scharnhorst but still blows all other tech tree T10 cruisers out of the water when it comes to armor.

Also, do keep in mind that once they actually get released, the chance of them changing is non-existent.

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
436 posts
6,956 battles
39 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

We KNOW how this is going to go, they'll change the airstrikes to say they balanced the ship, then release the actual ship as it is but maybe less stacks of airstrikes or lower damage or w/e. Point being, it's going to release with the armor and guns it has, it's going to be a full on battlecruiser that's only slightly squishier than Scharnhorst but still blows all other tech tree T10 cruisers out of the water when it comes to armor.

Also, do keep in mind that once they actually get released, the chance of them changing is non-existent.

Their release the Tier 9 and Tier 10 so OP that the whales will free XP to get them. Next patch they will get nerfed to useless. IT's WG Patented model for milking Whales for money every release.

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
1 hour ago, EasternSun said:

Their release the Tier 9 and Tier 10 so OP that the whales will free XP to get them. Next patch they will get nerfed to useless. IT's WG Patented model for milking Whales for money every release.

That or they leave it until it's time for a new nation and rip the gimmick off to give to them.

[BUOY]
Members
1,475 posts
17,499 battles

Things I hope to change: 

1. Triple stacking airstrikes... because y'know what, a three man div each contributing an airstrike is as fine as a 3x syncronized C. Colombo div deleting stuff with 48 SAP shells or old school triple Shimas or triple anything... but a single ship being able to do that is just stupid and doesn't fit with the rest of the game where every other consumable has a cooldown.

2. No stealth airstrikes, either give the target an 'airstrike incoming!' warning or otherwise set the ship's detection to be greater than airstrike range.

3. Concealment commensurate with a supercruiser i.e. at least equivalent to the Azuma / Yoshino.

Edited by lloyd1701

[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,796 battles

Well, it is being tested by *cough, cough, competent players or so WG says. When it comes out, we will see what the ST community has done with it. And I say community because it is their world over there, and regular players are over here in normal community. 

I imagine this will go well as they are "not actually responsible for the final iteration of the ship." *so says a ST when challenged about other tested ships that went all wrong. 

They are just testers. They don't have "tester's choice" in the matter. If the data shows OP, WG may or may not fix it. If they decide to make it OP temporarily for sales and then later nerf the living crap out of it, then expect it.

Because it is a tech tree ship. WG can nerf it to the ground at any time. It is premiums they won't mess with much. But a stealth nerf is usually a global change. 

So, we will see. Just let the STs break the ship. Then WG will nerf it so bad, nobody will climb that tech tree unless you are a collector. :cap_cool:

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,640 battles

Other than watching the videos I had never seen a Gouden in battle until today, where I saw one in back to back battles both on the enemy team. It was probably a worse case scenario since both battles had T10 carriers in the game as well. The obvious issue was that the enemy team basically had a second carrier spotting and attacking ships. In the first battle the enemy CV spotted and attacked ships on the left flank while the Gouden worked the right. The second battle they worked in unison wiping out an entire flank. It didn't help when our CV tried spotting but it's squadron was quickly decimated by the Gouden's AA; at least that's what he reported. Both games were losses and were fairly frustrating. 

I understand that War Gaming needs to do testing, I get it. But throwing these ships onto the live server like this isn't the way to do it. I work 12-14 hours a day and have limited time to get in a few games on my days off and getting carpet bombed by a cruiser which is then followed up by a Midway strike isn't the most enjoyable gameplay, at least for the captain getting attacked.

I have no issues with carriers in matches and have karma in the upper 300s so I'm not a jerk in the game. I don't post anti War Gaming rants here on the forums complaining about every little thing I don't like. I always try to help newer players and compliment people frequently during matches when they do well. I get that this is a game where you're supposed to have fun, and when you're not it's time to take a break. 

I enjoy reading through the forums and understand that the Gouden is still in testing, and will likely be nerfed. I understand it may be changed down the line, but that doesn't alter the fact this thing will still be popping up in random matches like the last two I experienced today. My concern is that they threw this onto the live server and are using us as the guinea pigs with such an overpowered ship. War Gaming, and this is my opinion only, is wasting my time and resources forcing me to try and fight this thing. So many of the older ships have become virtually obsolete now and instead of updating them WG keeps releasing overpowered ships that make the power creep even worse. I've spent a lot of time in this game and am hopeful this issue will be sorted out. Until then, I guess it's time for that break.

Fair seas.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
7 hours ago, Vasili_One_Bonk_only said:

It's. Not. Even. Out. Of. Testing.

:fish_palm:

:cap_old:

you have the same spammers I did.

its just starting testing for crying out loud.  just hold your horses for a bit.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
7 hours ago, 6Xero9 said:

the player base does not deserve to be listen to most of the time.

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
436 posts
6,956 battles
23 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

:cap_old:

you have the same spammers I did.

its just starting testing for crying out loud.  just hold your horses for a bit.

They should be testing internally and on the PTS not with live players. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
8 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

They should be testing internally and on the PTS not with live players. 

They probably did.  They say cannot get the data they need

Makes you wonder why they bother with PTS.

Also with this crowed if damage is done by planes evil and how dare you.

Same damage done with guns ok.

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
30 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

the player base does not deserve to be listen to most of the time.

All hail mighty spreadsheet? Can't wait until a group of testers decide to tank the stats as much as they can so-as to get buffs for the ship.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
2 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

All hail mighty spreadsheet? Can't wait until a group of testers decide to tank the stats as much as they can so-as to get buffs for the ship.

What part of the player base do you listen to?

DD demand that nothing touch there little ship.  Every shell should do 1 percent damage and have a 1000 percent dispersion Nerf.

BB want DD gone.

Cruiser are tired of being 1 shot from 22 km so make BB shells 50 percent damage out to a damage of say 15.km

All Russian ships need needing some say.

People dont care about the damage. They only care about planes made the damage. If it was made by shells no problem.

• Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

What part of the player base do you listen to?

DD demand that nothing touch there little ship.  Every shell should do 1 percent damage and have a 1000 percent dispersion Nerf.

BB want DD gone.

Cruiser are tired of being 1 shot from 22 km so make BB shells 50 percent damage out to a damage of say 15.km

All Russian ships need needing some say.

People dont care about the damage. They only care about planes made the damage. If it was made by shells no problem.

What part of the playerbase do you ignore? Gonna guess you're against a Cruiser like Zao getting a health buff I take it. 

Banned
1,684 posts
11 hours ago, 6Xero9 said:

So, where did WG pull this ship from exactly? Ye olde book of balans? My issue with it isn't the airstrikes, that's an issue by itself, but the fact it gets such beefy armor and 283mm guns, that I feel like there's just no reason to play other tier 10 cruisers. Also, lets not mention the fact it gets a 790m turn radius like light cruiser Neptune and is even stealthier while being a battlecruiser.

I guess in essence, I just feel like there's no point trying to grind any other cruiser line until these come out, since all my effort of going through a line will just end up getting nullified by the eternal need for WG to constantly power creep...

Edited by Nikolay_Kuznetsov_
  • Funny 1