Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Are cv effective is bronze rank?

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
968 posts
221 battles

CVs is the worst mechanic causing the most amount of toxicity in the game.  and your #1 question today is:

Are CV effective in bronze?

 

 

Edited by Laser_Beam
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
12 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

CVs is the worst mechanic causing the most amount of toxicity in the game.  and your #1 question today is:

Are CV effective in bronze?

 

 

This is a CV forum not hate CV forum.

Please leave

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
968 posts
221 battles

It is a CV thread.  Its a WOWS forum.

 

My opinion is just as valid as yours and in no way was I disrespectful to you.  TY for ask me politely to leave.   I will consider it.   Of course, if you had not replied, I would not have revisited this tread.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,476
[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I know ahs and others had 13 wins in a row. But it seams like know matter what I do cv does not seam to matter.

It’s important to remember that tier VI CVs lack some of the tools that their higher tier brethren possess, like squadron heals and access to additional modules. CVs really start to come into their own at tier VIII, and at at tier VI they are less effective and have less influence, but also don’t encounter the same general level of AA (they face tier V ships, after all). 

This is of course not taking in to account player skill - it’s one of the many reasons I’m not taking CVs into ranked.

There’s also the fact that for the most part you will be facing mostly tier VIIs, so you are permanently uptiered.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
8 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

It is a CV thread.  Its a WOWS forum.

 

My opinion is just as valid as yours and in no way was I disrespectful to you.  TY for ask me politely to leave.   I will consider it.   Of course, if you had not replied, I would not have revisited this tread.

I did ask nicely.  So lets try something else.

You sole point in life is to hate something and the people that do something you dont like.

Your so petty that you go to a forum for people that have questions about CV.

You either dont respect your own time because you go to a forum that talks about something you hate.

Or your a.... Well you know.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

It’s important to remember that tier VI CVs lack some of the tools that their higher tier brethren possess, like squadron heals and access to additional modules. CVs really start to come into their own at tier VIII, and at at tier VI they are less effective and have less influence, but also don’t encounter the same general level of AA (they face tier V ships, after all). 

This is of course not taking in to account player skill - it’s one of the many reasons I’m not taking CVs into ranked.

There’s also the fact that for the most part you will be facing mostly tier VIIs, so you are permanently uptiered.

That's true.  You just dont do much damage and people are bunching up this time.

What cv are you taking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
968 posts
221 battles
4 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I did ask nicely.  So lets try something else.

You sole point in life is to hate something and the people that do something you dont like.

Your so petty that you go to a forum for people that have questions about CV.

You either dont respect your own time because you go to a forum that talks about something you hate.

Or your a.... Well you know.

I stated a fact.  There are more CV threads than any other topic, and yes they go toxic.  Some get hypersensitive about it and scream hater every chance possible.  This may (or may not) be you, however you were very fast to slap a label on me as a 'hater', yet I I know you cant prove that.

 

Enjoy your day.  GL with the Bronze.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
Just now, Laser_Beam said:

I stated a fact.  There are more CV threads than any other topic, and yes they go toxic.  Some get hypersensitive about it and scream hater every chance possible.  This may (or may not) be you, however you were very fast to slap a label on me as a 'hater', yet I I know you cant prove that.

 

Enjoy your day.  GL with the Bronze.

 

The only person being toxic is you.  I asked a question for people with information

You know nothing but hate.

Go live in your hate it might keep you warm at night.  Enjoy the black list

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[OPG4]
Members
1,181 posts
2,784 battles

My experience operating USS ranger in ranked is that you are not going for damage, but rather for DDs, which Ned to be taken out so BBs can push and the enemy loses its valuable spotting/torping/smoke cover tools. I also use Ranger torpedo bombers against Nelsons, as they are unable to heal torpedo damage. Dive bombers are also useful when both rocket and torpedo planes are being brought onto deck/ returning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
Just now, Boomer625 said:

My experience operating USS ranger in ranked is that you are not going for damage, but rather for DDs, which Ned to be taken out so BBs can push and the enemy loses its valuable spotting/torping/smoke cover tools. I also use Ranger torpedo bombers against Nelsons, as they are unable to heal torpedo damage. Dive bombers are also useful when both rocket and torpedo planes are being brought onto deck/ returning

Ranger is my favorite.

That is a good strat

Are you trying to rank out with Ranger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[OPG4]
Members
1,181 posts
2,784 battles
12 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

That's true.  You just dont do much damage and people are bunching up this time.

What cv are you taking?

All CVs in general. Heals start at t8 as well slot 5 modules where you can fit Flight control mod 1. This means losses are more frequent, and your reserve + ability to bring planes onto the deck is decreased 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
968 posts
221 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

The only person being toxic is you.  I asked a question for people with information

You know nothing but hate.

Go live in your hate it might keep you warm at night.  Enjoy the black list

 

I hope that is not a colour reference to a certain list.  There are forum rules about that.   :Smile_trollface:

 

This guy^^^ users 'hate' five times in his speeches and I get the label.  Thank you for the lolz. (as I believe you're the offender in this thread for negativity).

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[OPG4]
Members
1,181 posts
2,784 battles
9 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Ranger is my favorite.

That is a good strat

Are you trying to rank out with Ranger?

I am using a plethora of ships to rank out. I primarily use Scharnhorst (brawler), Nelson (tanker), T7 Italian BB (I apparently do very well in it), Ranger, and Helena, with some Mahan as well - basically fielding as many ships as possible so they have a ranked operational service and not having to wait for ships to come back.

 

I like these ships and their history as well, Ranger in Battle of Casablanca, Scharnhorst + Gnes vs HMS Glorious 1940, Nelson vs Bismarck 1941, Helena in the pacific (Japanese though she had 6 inch machine guns, but her constant flashes of gunfire ultimately doomed her)

Edited by Boomer625

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,476
[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles
24 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

That's true.  You just dont do much damage and people are bunching up this time.

It’s partly because the teams are smaller and the battles are being fought on often small maps with caps close together. Ranked generally requires aggressive play around the caps, and CVs as a class are poor at controlling space (their hulls are not in the thick of it and presenting a threat that needs to be respected). At tier VI they just can’t deal damage fast enough to really offset that handicap in 7v7, IMO. This is also one of the reasons cruisers aren’t as influential in this meta at this tier - the general lack of radar and their fragility means they are largely relegated to fire support. In the current Bronze meta, good DD and BB play seem to have the most effect on the match outcome.

24 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

What cv are you taking?

I’m not. As I said in my last post, I don’t consider myself skilled enough with the class to feel comfortable playing it in this environment, especially during this one week long sprint. I finished my Yorck regrind and most of my Surrey grind (*shudder*) and am now switching to Scharnhorst to get those last few stars.

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,586
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,977 posts
28,325 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I know ahs and others had 13 wins in a row. But it seams like know matter what I do cv does not seam to matter.

It's not that a cv is effective or not, but the players skill and priorities entering the match.

A German cv is less effective vs destroyers like a RN cv is less effective vs cruisers.

Cv players goal:

Spotting or damage farming.

Is your team slaughtering the dds you spot, or damage farming on bbs?

....

I'm a dd main and tried to make a couple dds work....

Then Potato Quality put out a video about bronze rank. 

Hello Atlanta, my practice ship for when my coupon hits and I get Austin.

85% w/r or star saved.

Belfast 3/4 matches.

Sinop for 2 matches took me to trials....

Only 1 sinop game did the cv kill me, but we still won.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
5 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It's not that a cv is effective or not, but the players skill and priorities entering the match.

A German cv is less effective vs destroyers like a RN cv is less effective vs cruisers.

Cv players goal:

Spotting or damage farming.

Is your team slaughtering the dds you spot, or damage farming on bbs?

....

I'm a dd main and tried to make a couple dds work....

Then Potato Quality put out a video about bronze rank. 

Hello Atlanta, my practice ship for when my coupon hits and I get Austin.

85% w/r or star saved.

Belfast 3/4 matches.

Sinop for 2 matches took me to trials....

Only 1 sinop game did the cv kill me, but we still won.

 

Its hard to stumic a PQ vid with his arrogance but i will catch it and see what he says.

Thanks.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,699
[WPORT]
Members
18,062 posts
20,725 battles
9 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I know ahs and others had 13 wins in a row. But it seams like know matter what I do cv does not seam to matter.

Yes.

A good CV driver can help their team win.
I've been putting my Tier-6 CV's through their paces, to train the Commanders.

If you haven't researched the Tier-8 CV's, this is a great opportunity to earn Ship-XP to unlock the Tier-8 CV's.

Ryujo and Erich Loewenhardt have been popular, in the matches I've been in.  I've also seen Ranger, Weser, Ark Royal and Furious being played.

CV success in ranked won't always be about the damage numbers the CV produces.  (Though, damaging red ships still helps, eh?)
Having a team that works well and takes advantage of the spotting information helps considerably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,699
[WPORT]
Members
18,062 posts
20,725 battles
7 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

 

There’s also the fact that for the most part you will be facing mostly tier VIIs, so you are permanently uptiered.

I've been taking it as a "challenge accepted" situation.
Plus, it is a good opportunity to practice plane-conservation techniques, in preparation for the flak that Tier-8/9/10 ships produce.

Select Captain's skills that emphasize aircraft health and mitigate damage from AA.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,427
[-TKS-]
Members
1,659 posts
14,727 battles

If you're Good at them, then definitely take it out. I personally prefer the weser and ark Royal. 

The weser has the advantage of being able to reset caps and get to spotting locations, as it seems there's always a DD that will try to CV sniped.

The ark Royale also has the ability to reset caps with its bombers. Also the fires do pretty well.

The other German carrier is good too if your comfortable hitting DDs with the bombers

Edited by Merc_R_Us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,007 posts

The problem is the AA. A CV basically has to lose 9 planes for every 3 that successfully land an attack. Breaking 100k damage is like pulling teeth, let alone getting 2 attack runs...

CV's can do ok in ranked. But I haven't seen one save a star or be top spot. Something is broken no matter how good of a CV player you are...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,877
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles

Feels like to me in Bronze Ranked, you have to put damage second and play a CV a lot more tactically..    Spotting as needed, sinking cripples,  protecting caps and punishing DDs.  I just don't feel like you can damage your way ahead of a Red CV's impact  if it's playing the support team game and propping his team up where they need.  Make it the end game with your team still in it and then you can bully your way to the end.   I really messed up the 1st 6 or so games playing T6 CVs in bronze trying to play high tier tactics..   Took me a while to get it.   T7 AA is pretty penal to these CVs.. especially early on when most ships are grouped. if you start forcing it you can become pretty useless later on.    it really takes a while to do enough damage to impact the match..  And ranked games can be over real fast.  Sinking soft ships or making it easier for your team to do real damage wins the short game a lot faster.       

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
968 posts
221 battles
On 5/24/2021 at 10:00 AM, ElectroVeeDub said:

The problem is the AA. A CV basically has to lose 9 planes for every 3 that successfully land an attack. Breaking 100k damage is like pulling teeth, let alone getting 2 attack runs...

CV's can do ok in ranked. But I haven't seen one save a star or be top spot. Something is broken no matter how good of a CV player you are...

 

LOL - Something is broken   

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[KSD]
Members
28 posts
9,195 battles

As has been said in this thread already, CV is effective if the player is effective. It is true that as a Tier VI CV, you will typically play as bottom tier in ranked - but you are only bottom tier by one. In random, for example, you could play against Tier VIII ships, and the jump in AA power level from Tier VI/VII to Tier VIII is very substantial.

Also consider that most cruisers at Tier VII do not have a heal. If you get a good early strike against a cruiser with a strong weapon such as Ryujo torpedoes, that is a health disadvantage which that cruiser will have to deal with for the rest of the game. Think not in terms of absolute damage but in terms of health trades: "If I take 10k off the enemy Helena, then my Helena is more likely to win if they end up shooting at each other across a cap."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[KOBK]
Members
536 posts
6,253 battles

In bronze cv isnt that good mostly because you will face 90% of the times T7 ships with better AA than the regular T6. Also, a lot of Atlantas with AA specs that will create a no fly zone easily (yesterday i faced 2 in the same match and it was terrible...)

You can do support job, but damage isnt so easy for the T7 ships and the fact that most of the players stay together so even if they are T6 ships their AA become a significant treat to your planes.

For what i see, Ryujo looks like the best choice since its hard to keep her spotted so your teammates can snipe her (concealment of 6,4 km if im not mistaken for air). Planeswise, i think no one is specific above others except for the german line which for bronze i think its the worst pick but this is because in my experience i dont face quite often a lot of cruisers so your rocket planes do small damage to BBs and DDs. In the end, the only weapon you have is the AP dive bomber and maybe flooding with torpedos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×