Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Best Containers For The Big Special Signals Right Now? I Think I Have It Narrowed Down To 2

16 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Looking for the best bang for the Special Signals like Wyvern, Dragon, etc. 

Just looking in Premium shop I see that the American Cruisers containers have 20 signals in each one. The bundle costs $100 for 25 containers so you get 500 Special Signals for around 20 cents each.

A second choice would be Yamamoto Containers where you can get 300 Special Signals in the 25 container bundle for $60 which works out to .20 cents each as well. The bonus with this container is that you can also sometimes get an extra 12 signals in a container but it's not often, only about 10% of the time but you could get lucky with RNG and get like 5 containers with the extra signals.

So even though the cost per signal is the same on each bundle, the Yamamoto seems to win out in that you could get lucky and get some extras. 

I looked at all the other container types but didn't see anything that compared to these 2 as far as cost per signal. I'm not interested in camos, collections, commanders, etc., so containers having that stuff didn't interest me. 

Does anyone know of a more economical way to stock up on these signals? 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
6,723 posts
7,321 battles

Aren't the Kong vs Godzilla also on a 100$ package, but with 21 special signals in?

That said, you gotta get lucky to get the signals to drop.

Edited by warheart1992

[META_]
Members
324 posts
4,403 battles
33 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Just looking in Premium shop I see that the American Cruisers containers have 20 signals in each one. The bundle costs $100 for 25 containers so you get 500 Special Signals for around 20 cents each.

A second choice would be Yamamoto Containers where you can get 300 Special Signals in the 25 container bundle for $60 which works out to .20 cents each as well. The bonus with this container is that you can also sometimes get an extra 12 signals in a container but it's not often, only about 10% of the time but you could get lucky with RNG and get like 5 containers with the extra signals.

So even though the cost per signal is the same on each bundle, the Yamamoto seems to win out in that you could get lucky and get some extras. 

I looked at all the other container types but didn't see anything that compared to these 2 as far as cost per signal. I'm not interested in camos, collections, commanders, etc., so containers having that stuff didn't interest me. 

If all you're interested in is the special signals, then yeah, those are your best bet.  Otherwise, the German Destroyers containers are a pretty good deal.  Only 8 special signals per container, but you get 30 for $50, which makes for 480 signals/$100 (21 cents each).  But on top of that, you also get either 10 regular signals or 15k elite commander XP per container, so if you need the regular signals and/or ECXP, they're a better deal.

[BTLST]
Members
362 posts
8,322 battles
57 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

If all you're interested in is the special signals, then yeah, those are your best bet.  Otherwise, the German Destroyers containers are a pretty good deal.  Only 8 special signals per container, but you get 30 for $50, which makes for 480 signals/$100 (21 cents each).  But on top of that, you also get either 10 regular signals or 15k elite commander XP per container, so if you need the regular signals and/or ECXP, they're a better deal.

It's 8 special signals OR 8 camos. Translation: It is 8 camos most of the time.

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts
1 hour ago, tangofan said:

It's 8 special signals OR 8 camos. Translation: It is 8 camos most of the time.

Yes you are 100% correct. I looked at that one and it says 8 signals or 8 black, white, red camos
Also, even if you did get signals in each one, it would add up to 8 x 30 which is 240, not 480 

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Aren't the Kong vs Godzilla also on a 100$ package, but with 21 special signals in?

I looked very hard at that package because it can drop some nice items but it's too random if all I want are the signals. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,492 posts
17,536 battles

One thing about Yamamoto crates is they only drop the first run of special signals, not all 8.

Also in the running are Bismarck crates which also only drop the first run of dragon flags and have a chance to drop hunter camos, but drop 7 not 6 and have the double drop chance as well.

[META_]
Members
324 posts
4,403 battles
16 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Yes you are 100% correct. I looked at that one and it says 8 signals or 8 black, white, red camos
Also, even if you did get signals in each one, it would add up to 8 x 30 which is 240, not 480 

You're right - I missed the camos.  But it's 8x30 signals for $50.  You're comparing it to the American Cruisers containers, which are 20x25 for $100.  For an equivalent amount of money, you would get 60 German Destroyers containers, which would be 480 signals - if they were all signals.

[BTLST]
Members
362 posts
8,322 battles
26 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

You're right - I missed the camos.  But it's 8x30 signals for $50.  You're comparing it to the American Cruisers containers, which are 20x25 for $100.  For an equivalent amount of money, you would get 60 German Destroyers containers, which would be 480 signals - if they were all signals.

Well, we don't know the probabilities and that's exactly the problem with all those containers. As soon as they have a "low-value" item (whatever that is, could be credits or camos or something else) it is safe to assume that that item will drop in the majority of cases.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,437 posts
12,888 battles
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

True.  My free Munkeh container had 21 Leviathans.

I almost crapped myself.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,832 posts
22,726 battles

King Kong gives 21 per crate, so best one at the moment. 

[CAP]
Members
527 posts
19,103 battles
4 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Look at the French containers.  You get less but you get ALL types instead of only a few types.  Guess it depends on which special flags you are looking to stock.

[CAP]
Members
527 posts
19,103 battles
4 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

King Kong gives 21 per crate, so best one at the moment. 

Negative. - You get 1 item from the list so out of 25 crates you might be 210 flags or less...or more along with camos instead of flags.

Each "Two Titans—One King" container will drop one item from the following list:

• Primal permanent camouflage for North Carolina
  • Heat Ray permanent camouflage for Amagi
  • Commander Kong with unique voiceover and 10 skill points
  • Commander Godzilla with unique voiceover and 10 skill points
  • 100,000 Elite Commander XP
  • 21x Ultimate Guardian or Ultimate Titan camouflages
  • 21x special signals of the same type (Dragon, Red Dragon, Wyvern, Hydra, Ouroboros, Basilisk, Scylla, or Leviathan)

[META_]
Members
324 posts
4,403 battles
2 hours ago, tangofan said:

Well, we don't know the probabilities and that's exactly the problem with all those containers. As soon as they have a "low-value" item (whatever that is, could be credits or camos or something else) it is safe to assume that that item will drop in the majority of cases.

Right - I was addressing the point that it would be 8x30 for 240 total rather than 480.  Which would true, but only if you bought just one pack for $50 rather than spending the $100 that OP was proposing for the American Cruisers pack.  Small point, and largely irrelevant for the reasons already brought up, but I felt it needed correcting.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,832 posts
22,726 battles

The only sure source is public test server

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,746 posts
23,494 battles
13 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I use Yamamoto it seems to yield the most signals and duplicate collection items give some credit compensation.  $75.00 CDN

Sign in to follow this