You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

World of warships becoming world of warplanes

60 comments in this topic

Members
2,106 posts
25,032 battles

They seem to know we hate planes, so are adding them as quickly as they can to drive us away.

• Cool 29
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
36 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

They seem to know we hate planes, so are adding them as quickly as they can to drive us away.

Wow your setting new records. At least 4 CV/planes hate posts inside of about 1 hour. :cap_old:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 11

[CLUMP]
Members
2,857 posts
2,996 battles

it seems wargaming is determined to make wows none camping or standing still game.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,374 posts
7,142 battles
2 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

it seems wargaming is determined to make wows none camping or standing still game.

They probably should've designed a different game then. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,733 posts
6,521 battles
5 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Ah yes, the age old arguement that CVs and planes stop camping, just like arty stopped camping in WoT. 

When are you going to drop that? It's not convincing anyone. 

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles
12 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Me want subs and jet planes   lmbo

Ummmm, Midway back in Closed Beta actually did have Korean War era jet fighters.

[BGA]
[BGA]
Alpha Tester
3,988 posts
31,968 battles
1 hour ago, PotatoMD said:

Ah yes, the age old arguement that CVs and planes stop camping, just like arty stopped camping in WoT. 

Hypothetically it should work like that, where certian mechanics should create, or at least steer, the meta toward a certian style of gameplay. 

However, they've created a bit of a contradiction in how that all interacts. I would like to presume they never intended their games to be so campy but they also made so many elements too punishing for it to be more fluid.

• Cool 4

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

Hypothetically it should work like that, where certian mechanics should create, or at least steer, the meta toward a certian style of gameplay. 

However, they've created a bit of a contradiction in how that all interacts. I would like to presume they never intended their games to be so campy but they also made so many elements too punishing for it to be more fluid.

Especially for cruisers. out ranged by most things, and their armor cant hold up to BBs, or even some of the other cruisers in game, its not like the hide behind islands cause its fun, least i dont think it is.

Im all for making the game less campy, but they need to make everything functional under whatever new meta they have in mind before implementing it.

• Cool 5

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,960 posts
13,620 battles
34 minutes ago, Retnav54 said:

Ummmm, Midway back in Closed Beta actually did have Korean War era jet fighters.

She had them at launch too. If I remember correctly, they went away in the first loadout rework.

[ARR0W]
Members
5,758 posts
31,304 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Wow your setting new records. At least 4 CV/planes hate posts inside of about 1 hour. :cap_old:

That seems an admirable level of restraint, tbh. 

• Cool 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,166 posts
10,767 battles

Yo dawg, I heard you like being sunk by airplanes

Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,656 posts
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

The game was intended to be tanks on water, so they did envision it being more dynamic.  People from WG have talked about that over the years.  My theory is the player base ending up being much older than most other games, average age of 43 in the first year.  I think the older players liked the slower pace so in the early years WG pandered more to that.  As time went on WG wanted a wider audience, and there was more pressure for a faster paced game.

Members
3,092 posts
8,833 battles

Just imagine CVs having anywhere near the plane count and alpha that these cruisers have...

The T6 cruiser can do over 150k hp strike every 60 seconds stock -- that's more than 3x the damage output of the T6 CV whose planes get destroyed.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The game was intended to be tanks on water, so they did envision it being more dynamic.  People from WG have talked about that over the years.  My theory is the player base ending up being much older than most other games, average age of 43 in the first year.  I think the older players liked the slower pace so in the early years WG pandered more to that.  As time went on WG wanted a wider audience, and there was more pressure for a faster paced game.

If tanks never made a pro league I doubt ships will.

koTS is just to slow to grab a wide audience.  Thats a fine thing as well.

[_I_]
Members
121 posts

Well, you really do have to give WG credit for constantly coming up with new and innovative ways to get people's bowels in an uproar. It's like they're in a premier league own goal contest with EA, Sony, and Ubisoft.

Honestly, I'm way past giving a chit what they do anymore. Since 8.0 my playing time has been increasingly on other games. It's just a matter of time until WOWS becomes so absurdly silly that I give up on it completely and move on.

I thought it would be their laughable submarines, but this lunacy of third-rate colonial cruisers calling in RAF Bomber Command might just as easily do the trick, whichever happens first.

No worries, I just laugh.  Cheers!

• Cool 9

[TDRB]
Members
6,753 posts
15,380 battles
5 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Who are you including in "us"? The CV rework went live with 8.0. The game is to 10.4. I would think those angered enough by the CV situation would have left by now.

IMO, the CV rework was a failure of epic proportion. I was talked into playing 2 battles since November of 2020. But CVs are not the reason I have taken a sabbatical from the game.

I prefer PVE over PVP. Apparently, PVE is a red-headed stepchild in WG's view. The is evident by the present state of scenarios in the game & the lack of any inclination to improve the situation anytime soon.

While I do wonder about their decisions, it is their game.

• Cool 1

[GC]
Alpha Tester
1,057 posts
4,952 battles

Nah, World of Warplanes' overhaul was actually a huge improvement.

--Helms

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,406 battles

Aircraft, aircraft and more and more aircraft! Bombs fooking away!

Please remember that arty shells are airborne though ballistic in their flight pattern. Aircraft are a mildly different delivery method. 

[PHD]
Members
463 posts
17,857 battles
6 hours ago, Torenico said:

plane bad

They are just so many flies to be swatted.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,857 posts
2,996 battles
6 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

Oh those french clown cars with invincible tires [edited] auto-aiming are so much better :Smile_popcorn:You also failed to mention arty is garbage now because certain whinners it was nerfed to the ground :Smile_facepalm: So of course it useless now as anti-camping because at best you just get stunned :Smile_teethhappy: Wargaming making this should prove enough that they are trying to speed up matches camping makes matches last longer :Smile_hiding:

• Boring 1

Members
860 posts
20 battles
7 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Do we?  I'm loving the game in every class I play (which is mostly DD's, with some CV, and occasionally BB's).  It's the best it has ever been.

7 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

The CV rework failed to deliver the desired meta change.  The solution, give ships planes too. 

The meta is quite different to pre-CV-rework, and far better.  The camping that pervaded the pretty awful pre-rework meta has been significantly curtailed post-rework, with ships generally more mobile and less campy.  Note I play on SEA server, which has a 5.3% CV population at high tiers compared to 3.1% on NA server, so we have it far better that NA.  What you need on NA is more CV players to improve the meta, so if you can encourage as many people as possible to play CV's, you'd be improving your server significantly.

In fact, what tends to be the issue when there are imbalanced battles, is that one side pushes up aggressively as a team, and the other side has a couple of BB's that sit too far back because they are afraid of taking damage (BB play being a balance between being as aggressive as possible while also surviving to the late game), and thus one team gets put in a severely disadvantaged position.  This is most definitely not due to camping though, in fact quite the opposite - one team is playing too well and working together so effectively that the other team is completely outdone.  I basically never see games which are campy, where BOTH teams sit too far back and trade.  This simply does not happen very often, at any tier, on SEA server - the server that is "coincidentally" the home of CV's in World of Warships.  Now why could this be?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2