Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HSF_Misaki_Akeno

Torpedo spotting commander voice overs

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
22 posts
16,024 battles

Back a few years ago, whenever a torpedo was spotted near your ship, there was a commander voice that would highlight it such as (US/British)  "Torpedoes direct front" (Japanese) "Migi gen kara gourai sekin" (German) "Torpedo afta aus" I may have butchered the spelling there though.

Is WG going to bring it back or is it gone for good? As I really did like it and it seemed more engaging in a sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
493
[BTLST]
[BTLST]
Members
1,066 posts
17,238 battles
32 minutes ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

"(German) "Torpedo afta aus" I may have butchered the spelling there though.

Is WG going to bring it back or is it gone for good? As I really did like it and it seemed more engaging in a sense.

"Topedos voraus" perhaps?

In any case I've wondered about the same thing, but I did notice that there are several options in the settings for voiceover, so picking a different setting there might do the trick. If it does, please post here what voiceover setting have the desired effect, since I'm interested in something like that as well.

Edited by tangofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,592
[PVE]
Members
10,582 posts
29,681 battles
3 hours ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

Back a few years ago, whenever a torpedo was spotted near your ship, there was a commander voice that would highlight it such as (US/British)  "Torpedoes direct front" (Japanese) "Migi gen kara gourai sekin" (German) "Torpedo afta aus" I may have butchered the spelling there though.

Is WG going to bring it back or is it gone for good? As I really did like it and it seemed more engaging in a sense.

I don't use the anime commanders or any of the other non English speaking ones & I always have & still do get the "torpedoes...direct front/to starboard/to port" messages.

I've never changed the settings on voices so they are where they have them defaulted to.

If you've ever changed the setting on them you might wanna try switching them back or if you have any mods installed might wanna remove them & see if 1 of them might be causing it.

@tangofan...meant to quote you in but my phone sux tonight...2nd time it didn't quote somebody after I quoted them...but tagged you in so you can check your settings too as those warnings have never left for me.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,096
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
9,070 posts
7,139 battles
3 hours ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

Back a few years ago, whenever a torpedo was spotted near your ship, there was a commander voice that would highlight it such as (US/British)  "Torpedoes direct front" (Japanese) "Migi gen kara gourai sekin" (German) "Torpedo afta aus" I may have butchered the spelling there though.

Is WG going to bring it back or is it gone for good? As I really did like it and it seemed more engaging in a sense.

They really removed it? :Smile_hiding:

I use the voice of the Hololive's Shirakami Fubuki collab captain, quite a lot, and whenever there're some torpedoes swimming nearby, she screams at the top of her lungs, "GYORAI JAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!" (rough translation: "IT'S TORPEDOOOOOOES~~!") LUL. :Smile_teethhappy:

She yells louder than the beeps of the torpedo warning... and I just heard it 5 minutes ago, in a battle, lal. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
22 posts
16,024 battles
5 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I don't use the anime commanders or any of the other non English speaking ones & I always have & still do get the "torpedoes...direct front/to starboard/to port" messages.

I've never changed the settings on voices so they are where they have them defaulted to.

If you've ever changed the setting on them you might wanna try switching them back or if you have any mods installed might wanna remove them & see if 1 of them might be causing it.

@tangofan...meant to quote you in but my phone sux tonight...2nd time it didn't quote somebody after I quoted them...but tagged you in so you can check your settings too as those warnings have never left for me.

What voiceover are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,618
[WPORT]
Members
17,882 posts
20,666 battles
5 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

They really removed it? :Smile_hiding:

I use the voice of the Hololive's Shirakami Fubuki collab captain, quite a lot, and whenever there're some torpedoes swimming nearby, she screams at the top of her lungs, "GYORAI JAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!" (rough translation: "IT'S TORPEDOOOOOOES~~!") LUL. :Smile_teethhappy:

She yells louder than the beeps of the torpedo warning... and I just heard it 5 minutes ago, in a battle, lal. :Smile_hiding:

@Blorgh2017, yeah they're wonderfully expressive Commanders.

17 minutes ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

What voiceover are you using?

@HSF_Misaki_Akeno, @Blorgh2017 is referring to one of the two Hololive collaboration Commanders, specifically Fubuki Shirakami.
1109739975_FubukiShirakami_screenshot_10-19-2020_.thumb.jpg.8a94c78408ed561d6953fb840f5bdde3.jpg

Here is the other, Commander Marine Houshou
1352166341_MarineHoushou_publicityscreenshot_10-26-2020_.thumb.jpg.93b9948c8530499e692d53b488e9d19e.jpg

And their "press release photo" from WOWs & Hololive (a youtube phenomena).
391222919_MarineHoshouandFubukiShirakami_youtubepersonalitiesandWOWsCommanders_screenshot_10-19-2020_.thumb.jpg.d0b7240c37300fe03bc674f237621fd9.jpg

The collaboration availability was for a limited time, just as with many collaborations.
I liked them so much, I welcomed two sets, (two of each) for a total of four Commanders able to use Japanese ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,220
[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

I have muted much of the voices in game in settings.

Constantly stating either what is blindingly obvious (Torpdeos, no kidding been waiting for them to show up for ages already... DUH...) or blathering about the enemy team winning etc. Whatever. Its not over until it's over.

I have enough voices in my head already. I don't have a use for in game narrators. Now that we have some peace and quiet, I can think through the developing torpedo problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,592
[PVE]
Members
10,582 posts
29,681 battles
7 hours ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

What voiceover are you using?

How odd...I got a few notifications about things that just occured recently & then this notification just showed up saying it was posted 7 hours ago... that's weird.

But anyway...

None...no voiceovers...whatever the vanilla client was when I started 5 years ago is what it is now... I've never added or removed anything. No voiceovers at all.

That's why I suggested you remove any you have installed if you have to figure out if 1 of them is causing the issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,618
[WPORT]
Members
17,882 posts
20,666 battles

I'm using "National Voiceover + ", because I want to hear all the voices.

image_2021-05-22_151830.thumb.png.e058016ec273bdc574bb9ef65056b617.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×