You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
15,762 battles

Back a few years ago, whenever a torpedo was spotted near your ship, there was a commander voice that would highlight it such as (US/British)  "Torpedoes direct front" (Japanese) "Migi gen kara gourai sekin" (German) "Torpedo afta aus" I may have butchered the spelling there though.

Is WG going to bring it back or is it gone for good? As I really did like it and it seemed more engaging in a sense.

[BTLST]
Members
345 posts
8,025 battles
32 minutes ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

"(German) "Torpedo afta aus" I may have butchered the spelling there though.

Is WG going to bring it back or is it gone for good? As I really did like it and it seemed more engaging in a sense.

"Topedos voraus" perhaps?

In any case I've wondered about the same thing, but I did notice that there are several options in the settings for voiceover, so picking a different setting there might do the trick. If it does, please post here what voiceover setting have the desired effect, since I'm interested in something like that as well.

Edited by tangofan

[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
25,340 battles
3 hours ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

Back a few years ago, whenever a torpedo was spotted near your ship, there was a commander voice that would highlight it such as (US/British)  "Torpedoes direct front" (Japanese) "Migi gen kara gourai sekin" (German) "Torpedo afta aus" I may have butchered the spelling there though.

I don't use the anime commanders or any of the other non English speaking ones & I always have & still do get the "torpedoes...direct front/to starboard/to port" messages.

I've never changed the settings on voices so they are where they have them defaulted to.

If you've ever changed the setting on them you might wanna try switching them back or if you have any mods installed might wanna remove them & see if 1 of them might be causing it.

@tangofan...meant to quote you in but my phone sux tonight...2nd time it didn't quote somebody after I quoted them...but tagged you in so you can check your settings too as those warnings have never left for me.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
8,298 posts
6,917 battles
3 hours ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

They really removed it? :Smile_hiding:

I use the voice of the Hololive's Shirakami Fubuki collab captain, quite a lot, and whenever there're some torpedoes swimming nearby, she screams at the top of her lungs, "GYORAI JAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!" (rough translation: "IT'S TORPEDOOOOOOES~~!") LUL. :Smile_teethhappy:

She yells louder than the beeps of the torpedo warning... and I just heard it 5 minutes ago, in a battle, lal. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
22 posts
15,762 battles
5 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I don't use the anime commanders or any of the other non English speaking ones & I always have & still do get the "torpedoes...direct front/to starboard/to port" messages.

I've never changed the settings on voices so they are where they have them defaulted to.

If you've ever changed the setting on them you might wanna try switching them back or if you have any mods installed might wanna remove them & see if 1 of them might be causing it.

@tangofan...meant to quote you in but my phone sux tonight...2nd time it didn't quote somebody after I quoted them...but tagged you in so you can check your settings too as those warnings have never left for me.

What voiceover are you using?

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
5 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

They really removed it? :Smile_hiding:

I use the voice of the Hololive's Shirakami Fubuki collab captain, quite a lot, and whenever there're some torpedoes swimming nearby, she screams at the top of her lungs, "GYORAI JAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!" (rough translation: "IT'S TORPEDOOOOOOES~~!") LUL. :Smile_teethhappy:

She yells louder than the beeps of the torpedo warning... and I just heard it 5 minutes ago, in a battle, lal. :Smile_hiding:

@Blorgh2017, yeah they're wonderfully expressive Commanders.

17 minutes ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

@HSF_Misaki_Akeno, @Blorgh2017 is referring to one of the two Hololive collaboration Commanders, specifically Fubuki Shirakami.
1109739975_FubukiShirakami_screenshot_10-19-2020_.thumb.jpg.8a94c78408ed561d6953fb840f5bdde3.jpg

Here is the other, Commander Marine Houshou
1352166341_MarineHoushou_publicityscreenshot_10-26-2020_.thumb.jpg.93b9948c8530499e692d53b488e9d19e.jpg

And their "press release photo" from WOWs & Hololive (a youtube phenomena).
391222919_MarineHoshouandFubukiShirakami_youtubepersonalitiesandWOWsCommanders_screenshot_10-19-2020_.thumb.jpg.d0b7240c37300fe03bc674f237621fd9.jpg

The collaboration availability was for a limited time, just as with many collaborations.
I liked them so much, I welcomed two sets, (two of each) for a total of four Commanders able to use Japanese ships.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,020 posts

I have muted much of the voices in game in settings.

Constantly stating either what is blindingly obvious (Torpdeos, no kidding been waiting for them to show up for ages already... DUH...) or blathering about the enemy team winning etc. Whatever. Its not over until it's over.

I have enough voices in my head already. I don't have a use for in game narrators. Now that we have some peace and quiet, I can think through the developing torpedo problem.

[PVE]
Members
9,003 posts
25,340 battles
7 hours ago, HSF_Misaki_Akeno said:

How odd...I got a few notifications about things that just occured recently & then this notification just showed up saying it was posted 7 hours ago... that's weird.

But anyway...

None...no voiceovers...whatever the vanilla client was when I started 5 years ago is what it is now... I've never added or removed anything. No voiceovers at all.

That's why I suggested you remove any you have installed if you have to figure out if 1 of them is causing the issues.

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles

I'm using "National Voiceover + ", because I want to hear all the voices.

image_2021-05-22_151830.thumb.png.e058016ec273bdc574bb9ef65056b617.png