You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pzkpfw_Panther

Sinop Probably Should be Nerfed

5 comments in this topic

[HSL]
Members
24 posts
3,848 battles

*Ahem*

• Top of the tier HP pool (65,000)
  • Distributed armour scheme means shells wont pen most angles, HE likes to shatter without damage.
  • Like Gneisenau it has bow armour so it can't be [easily] overmatched.
  • Top of the tier firepower (9x16" guns, only matched by premiums) -> Penetrates so hard it can citadel a KGV from 13km at 30 degrees.
  • Good AA
  • Good speed and concealment (for T7).
  • Obligatory statement of: Wargaming has yet again created a Russian ship that never existed but outperforms all tried and tested real world veterans.

Only downside: 1.5 sigma and 17km range. However it doesn't matter much when you get full pens and cits on every hit.

What should change? Don't include stupid designs everyone except Russians and fake Gopniks hate.

For real though: Lower hp to 50,000 to compensate for the armour and firepower. Lower AA to something more comparable to KGV and up detection to ~16km (it's a big ship ~43,000 tonnes). Either reduce the above belt 100mm or remove the fore and aft armour (although that's messing with "historical design").

In return: Up range to 18 or 19km and Sigma to 1.6. Basically the ship would become guns and speed in exchange for slightly below par survivability. Right now it can fairly easily 1v1 any BB in T7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra notes:

Sinop is actually one of the more well designed and completed Russian ships. Perhaps with a refit and other such improvements you could justify such a design in T8 instead. However considering the fact that it exists freely fighting other ships constrained to a 35,000 tonne treaty makes little sense. It would be like having Iowa in T8, you probably wouldn't complain much until you now have to fight it out with a factually superior design. Basically make it like a "T7 Slava" or a very well modernized super dreadnought.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[OPG4]
Members
1,181 posts
2,784 battles
30 minutes ago, Pzkpfw_Panther said:

Right now it can fairly easily 1v1 any BB in T7.

I wonder how Nelson angled backwards would fare against a bow in sinop firing 16inch HE. Would the overwhelming fires consume sinop or would sinop out dpm Nelson’s heal? Will try with a bot sinop maybe

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

The ship barely outperforms KGV and Lyon, and yet you want to heavily nerf if? Sure pal, good luck with that. 

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
18,645 posts
33,518 battles

OP?

Who knows; except for container premiums; I stopped playing RU battleships at T6.

Members
1,872 posts
9 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

I wonder how Nelson angled backwards would fare against a bow in sinop firing 16inch HE. Would the overwhelming fires consume sinop or would sinop out dpm Nelson’s heal? Will try with a bot sinop maybe

From my experience this ranked I can say: The Sinop presses W key and drives into the Nelson and then just citadels it through the stern with either overmatch or straight up pen. I did plenty of 20k-40k salvos to Nelsons... Sinop in ranked is easy mode: press W key, get into their faces and aim for the overmatchable or flat parts.