Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
oldewolfe

OK, so I got a 30% Off Coupon...

7 comments in this topic

[LEHR]
Members
104 posts
5,057 battles

For having been here for 1yr now and I have a Few Ships I'm looking at....      Pommern, Alabama, Prinz Eugen, Mutsu, and Friesland are just a Few of the Primary Considerations....

Pommern, because I like my German Boats alot, same for Prinz Eugen...     I have Tirpitz, Spee, and PE Friedrich and the Hipper I got from a Crate over Thanksgiving so Pommern would Fit Nicely...     I'm Grinding Nurnberg and Bayern right now, been Putting it Off for the Italian Grind when the BB's rolled Out and am on Lepanto right now with Marco Polo as well...   I'm also almost Done with the Dockyard, 3 more to Go or 8800 Gold and the ZF6 is Mine to Add to the Other DD's I have...   I still Miss the Forward Torp's of the Lower Tiers, but whatta ya gonna do...

Alabama would work as a Match to my Massachusetts and Georgia, and I have Florida as well, but this one's in need of a Skill Rework right now as it was one of only 3 Boats I used Deadeye on because of it's Thin Skin...      Grinding NY right now and Headed for NM, haven't yet Decided where to Go once I get to the Split, but I'm Leaning toward the Original Lineup and leaving the New Line for Later....    This Grind also got Sidelined for the Italians...

Mutsu would be for Scenarios more than Anything, but 410mm Guns at Tier 6 would be Fun, and Despite their Limited Trajectory, it has Torp's...     I have Ashitaka and Kii, and I added the HSF Hiei because I Liked the Kongo and I think the Paint Scheme on the HSF Boats are Nice, Clean and Simple unlike some of the Other Anime Offerings....      Grinding the Fuso at Present here and Looking Forward to the Nagato when the 410mm Guns come Online in the Tech Tree...     Also have Atago and Grinding the Furutaka here, as well as the Minikaze Grinding and the HSF Harekaze and the Asashio One Trick Pony as well....

Friesland is a Consideration because it looks Interesting with the New Tech Tree coming Soon...   I have the XP to get it for Free, but I'm On the Fence about that or just Using it toward my Grinds, 1.3 Million Free XP can go a LONG Way towards Grinds from the Mid Tiers...   Beyond that, I have No Euro or Commonwealth Boats as yet...

Haida's another Possibility because well, they're Pulling it Next Patch...    But being where it Is in the Tiering, it's not an Impossible Buy at any Time between Now and Then....    The Italians Sidelined ALOT of my Grinds having Nearly All of them right now with with a Few Exceptions...     Genova and Gorizia I can probably get at Any Time, Paolo Emilio I'll probably Never see in my Port, and Gulio Cesare that you can't even GET anymore which was Really the Only Italian BB I wanted when I started Playing Last Year and Bought Roma just because it was a One Off at the Time...       My Italian Grinds are as Mentioned Lepanto and also the Amalfi right now...      I'm also Grinding the Russian Lines, but don't See alot there that Trips my Trigger since I have the Lenin already and the Ochakov from Crates, with my Grind being at the Piotyr Velikiy and Lower so Far...     

Like I'd said earlier I had Deadeye on only 3 Boat Commanders, Florida and Vanguard due to their Thin Hides, and since I had 2 Scharnhorst I put it on One to Differentiate it from the Other...   Since then I have put AA Gunner on One Commander in the Scharn Twins, but the Vanguard and Florida Commanders still need Doing...    I didn't use it in my Roma nor the Rest of the Italians and I did get Thunderer to see what all the Hype was about, but still never Used it here either...   I like getting Into the Mix which is why I like the Italians, the Kii and the Germans, you can get them Stuck in there pretty Good and also have the Added Bonuses of the Torp's in the Latter Two....     

[WOLFC]
Members
3,377 posts
12,101 battles
54 minutes ago, oldewolfe said:

Pommern

You can get Pommern for coal. I wouldn’t spend cash for her.

Friesland is a Consideration because it looks Interesting with the New Tech Tree coming Soon...   I have the XP to get it for Free, but I'm On the Fence about that or just Using it toward my Grinds, 1.3 Million Free XP can go a LONG Way towards Grinds from the Mid Tiers...   Beyond that, I have No Euro or Commonwealth Boats as yet...

I would save your money. With the upcoming Dutch tech tree I can’t see Friesland going anywhere soon, and IMO using FXP to skip grinds is generally a bad idea. FXP adds up quickly if you don’t spend it regularly, especially with Premium Time.

Mutsu would be for Scenarios more than Anything, but 410mm Guns at Tier 6 would be Fun, and Despite their Limited Trajectory, it has Torp's...     I have Ashitaka and Kii, and I added the HSF Hiei because I Liked the Kongo and I think the Paint Scheme on the HSF Boats are Nice, Clean and Simple unlike some of the Other Anime Offerings....      Grinding the Fuso at Present here and Looking Forward to the Nagato when the 410mm Guns come Online in the Tech Tree... 

Keep in mind that Mutsu doesn’t have the same gunnery as Nagato. She uses older shells and lacks the wonderful 2.0 sigma found on her older sister. I really like Nagato and consider Mutsu pretty “meh.” She’s not a bad tier VI, though.

Every year, I use my 30% anniversary coupon on a large doubloon package. I then use the “Ships for Doubloons” coupons in the the Armory to pick up ships at an even greater discount. For the last few years WG has also handed out additional Armory coupons at New Years (that are active for about a week), so this strategy has served me very well. Of course, this depends on how much you want to spend.

Haida's another Possibility because well, they're Pulling it Next Patch... 

While I typically would recommend using coupons on more expensive content you want, the above method would allow you to get Haida just in time for pretty cheap. I’ve already used my Armory coupon, but I’ll be grabbing Haida later this patch as soon as I get the last doubloons I need from Ranked.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 2

[DMGS]
Members
200 posts
7,415 battles

Out of the options stated, I’d recommend Mutsu or Prinz Eugen. The former hits like a truck at tier VI and has surprise torpedoes and the latter is a more forgiving Hipper.

Pommern is good, but I’d save coal for that one since that’s an option like others have said.

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles

Buy Doubloons with it. The largest crate. Then use those Doubloons with your bi-annual -25% coupon in the armory for a ship.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

[LEHR]
Members
104 posts
5,057 battles

I had forgotten about the Coal thing, Thanks for the Reminder...   That's what I get for just Surfing thru the List and Looking at the Choices Available...

As for the Gold thing, that's a Useful Tip in itself, hadn't thought about it that Far yet...   So Again, Thanks....

As for the Free XP, it would just be Mainly to get them Topped Out before Launch not to Bypass anything...    Having been Playing Tanks for a While now, I never did see the Point in Free XP'ing Past a Tank unless it was a Particularly Horrific Grind and to Date I think I have only Skipped 2 Tanks for a Later Date, treating them more like Hobby Tanks than a Grind Tank in the End...

Time to Look into the Gold Aspect and see what's What in the Store...   Thanks Again...

[SCK]
Members
199 posts
25,360 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Buy Doubloons with it. The largest crate. Then use those Doubloons with your bi-annual -25% coupon in the armory for a ship.

Yep.....this is the best thing you can do. You should also look at the list of ships going away in the next patch......or was it this patch that they left? You mentioned Haida.....that's one of the ships leaving the game isn't it? Lennin, T-61, and Loewenhart are great too.

[LEHR]
Members
104 posts
5,057 battles

I have looked at the List's...    First Set I had the Bulk of already and did manage to Get a Couple I didn't like Thunderer...   This List, Haida's the only one I don't already Have...    WG's been Pretty Good to me when the Holidays Roll Around and the Freemiums, they tend to wait until AFTER the Giving Season to Take it all Back...   lol

But I did go with the Gold, not the BIG One, but the One right Below it...    I'll go back Thru and Look at all the Boats Later for the Bazillionth Time, but 25K Gold'll go a Long Way for Now...   I have to Split my Time and Money between Here and Tanks, so I figured for Now that was the Best Option, plus it'll get me the ZF6 when the Time Comes too....

Sign in to follow this