You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Uncle_Lou

Bronze (t6/7) ship picks for current ranked?

42 comments in this topic

[UNC]
Members
1,182 posts
7,199 battles

Just wondering what people are running in the current Bronze (t6/7) sprint.  I have some thoughts, but am not sure what is going to perform well for me.  TIA

[OPG4]
Members
1,181 posts
2,784 battles

I am currently operating KMS Scharnhorst, my new HMS Nelson, USS Helena, USS Colorado, and my sole t7 DD USS Mahan

Members
401 posts
11,364 battles

PotatoQuality put up a video of ranked picks for the low tiers that you should watch, but for my part because I have Belfast I plan to abuse the crap out of it. 

[WOLFC]
Members
5,675 posts
15,855 battles

I’m regrinding my German cruiser line again. Yorck is a monster in Bronze with her 25mm plating, punchy HE and AP, and heavy torpedo armament. The fact that radar is so rare means there isn’t pressure to bring a radar cruiser and the German hydro is pretty attractive as well.

[GLF]
Members
1,301 posts
22,473 battles

I dont play ranked, but I would always take Lyon when its guaranteed that nothing can uptier it!  

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,030 posts

Sims has the built-in XP so you can save a star a little easier.  Shinom from the campaign.  Strasburg was fun.

Members
1,872 posts

Atlanta with IFHE rips 26mm apart. Sinop is BB easy mode once you get used to it as that thing gets tougher the closer you get (and you need to get close to hit anything with it), otherwise use Scharnhorst or Gneisenau. Haida, Jervis or Shiratsuyu are DDs that I see commonly, Mahan is also not bad.

But honestly, use whatever you are best in, preferably not a backline sniper or farmer though.

Members
92 posts
3,437 battles

Been using the Nagato in ranked, it's 410 MM guns with 20.5 KM range(At tier 7!) means that you can get some pop shots practically at the start with spotter plane, even scored some start of the match citadels against enemy BB's while they were still in spawn, have not yet dev struck a cruiser back to port that way, can do nasty things even to BB's showing me just their front armor(as in 8k to even 17k damage to BB's front tanking), maneuvrability and concealment is garbo on the IJN BB's so have to be carefull about positioning, being aggressive in it can be very frustrating with all the back camping BB's who have better armor schemes for tanking star saving in the back when pushing the caps is what needs to be done, it's like people don't realise that winning the match will not just save but give them a star

[SALVO]
Members
14,619 posts
9,334 battles

Nelson is super strong in this format:

• Super heal at T7, times 4. You simply don't die unless you have the whole enemy team firing at you (happens when you are last man standing)
  • Impervious to HE spam (you heal it back)
  • Strong HE to blap DDs out of existence
  • Overmatching AP. If you hit, it hurts.
  • Solid and functional armor scheme, you don't get citadel damage unless potatoing
  • Solid Torpedo protection for the tier

This thing is practically unkillable if played right in a 7 vs 7 T6-7 environment, it takes literally the whole enemy team to wear you down. On top of that, it hits really hard. I love this ship in this format, only downside is... it is a BB...

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,225 posts
9,184 battles

Going with Hyuga and Haida mostly I think.

[ARGSY]
Members
951 posts
13,688 battles

T-61 is still one of the most OP ships in the game and can bully tier VII DDs as easily as tier VI. Nothing wrong with playing a boat that can sling torps like crazy.  I am sailing through bronze with her with no problem and I am not a great player. Haida would be another choice but I don't have a good enough captain. 

[TF-64]
Members
75 posts
3,365 battles

1 hour ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Just wondering what people are running in the current Bronze (t6/7) sprint.  I have some thoughts, but am not sure what is going to perform well for me.  TIA

Glad you asked, for tier VI use Leander, Aoba, Fuso, or Ryujo. For tier VII use Fiji, Myoko, or Nagato.

[UNC]
Members
1,182 posts
7,199 battles
23 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I am sick of running the typical Nelson, Sinop, Belfast, etc. So, I am running Florida for a lot of the bronze tier battles. 

How is that going for you?  I had debated trying Florida; I find the guns are quite accurate but the armor is practically non-existent.

[MHG]
Members
544 posts
6,635 battles

I'll be playing my Ashitaka, Hood, Lyon and Nelson. I had some good results using Ashitaka in earlier tier 7 ranked battles. 10x410mm guns is brutal in guaranteed top tier MM. Lyon for the stupid Alpha.  Hood for the zoomies. Nelson for being a zombie.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,733 posts
6,521 battles

Honestly, just play whatever you have. At this point, ranked is just randoms with less people. 

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,294 posts
16,978 battles

Personally, I’m planning on using Nelson and Scharnhorst. Gneisenau and Sinop would also be good battleship picks in general, but neither one has a high enough captain for ranked as far as my fleet goes.

If I decide to use cruisers at any point in bronze, I’d personally be picking between Helena, Fiji, and Indianapolis. Yes, Boise has the heal over Helena, but Helena will win a DPM match over it and with decent cover the better reload and range is worth more than a heal sometimes. I may try some Myoko (well, the clones to be specific so I can use a 21 point captain) as well. Of course, if you have it, Belfast is always going to be a good pick in t7 ranked. 

When it comes to destroyers, I’d expect to see a lot of Haida and Z39, but a lot of tech tree picks are still viable. And of course T61 in the hands of a competent player won’t care that it’s going to be ‘uptiered’ every game. 

That being said, especially at bronze, you should be using whatever ship you do best in. And as long as you’re competent, any ship will be more than enough to do well. 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,282 posts
18,711 battles

I find the Indy very good at these kind of matchups...the radar can really help out the team and those guns!  Just don't get hit on the broadside :)

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,977 posts
28,325 battles
4 hours ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Potato Quality did a video a couple days ago....

I'm using Atlanta and the Belfast. 

[CHA0S]
Members
624 posts
6,155 battles

I've seen a lot of Scharnhorsts and Atlantas.  Personally I've stuck to Scharn and Myoko, and I'm not good enough in DDs to drag any potential team down with one.

[TSF]
Members
868 posts
20,516 battles
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Nelson is super strong in this format:

• Super heal at T7, times 4. You simply don't die unless you have the whole enemy team firing at you (happens when you are last man standing)
  • Impervious to HE spam (you heal it back)
  • Strong HE to blap DDs out of existence
  • Overmatching AP. If you hit, it hurts.
  • Solid and functional armor scheme, you don't get citadel damage unless potatoing
  • Solid Torpedo protection for the tier

This thing is practically unkillable if played right in a 7 vs 7 T6-7 environment, it takes literally the whole enemy team to wear you down. On top of that, it hits really hard. I love this ship in this format, only downside is... it is a BB...

I have to agree with Arl... Nelson is nigh unkillable in this format if played with even a modicum of skill. 

Oh, and both Belfast and IFHE Atlanta/Flint are monsters if your team remembers to spot for you. 

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
877 posts
14,026 battles

I like Graf Spee and Devonshire, Spee hits hard with reasonable scatter and Devonshire is a citadel monster (at least in my experience).  I know, I'm strange.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,894 posts
11,781 battles

Nobody is doing Akatsuki or Shirayatsu? Former is worrying since 3x3 torp tubes and barely 80 sec reload (if remember correctly) and latter can bring a TRB.