Sign in to follow this  
SteffisCute

No kids NO PROBLEM!

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

I don't like kids. Annoying crying screaming little brats. Now I understand why people love them and that is great, I get it. They are just not my thing.

So Bekah is all "This world is getting worse I hope our kids won't have to deal with any of this horrible stuff."

So I reply: "It won't be an issues because we aren't having any.

So she is all "Why not? We would be great parents!"

"No Bekah, YOU would be a great parent, I would NOT. Besides, hello, we are two GIRLS we can't have kids duh."

"Well we could adopt Steffi."

"Uh NO I don't want someone else's leftovers or hand me downs. I don't wear second hand clothes so no second hand kids."

"Well we could get a sperm donor."

"Ok Bekah, I will NOT lose my 6 pack abs and fit as hell body to get flabby boobs, stretch marks, and hemorrhoids. And YOU will NOT lose that toned skater-girl body either plus, a sperm donor is technically cheating which means you get choked out. Not to mention the fact we would have NO idea what sort of crazed lunatic the father is. It could be some psychopath who donated sperm so he could buy meth or what if its a Liberal or a communist?"

"Steffi I-"

"OMG I HAVE SPOKEN BEKAH NO KIDS!!!"

So she got all pouty so I told her we could adopt a cat instead (I lied) and that made her feel better. Yeah, like I am going to torture poor Bessie by adopting a cat...I think not. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
11,204 posts
19,830 battles

I wear second hand clothes, but I opted to not have any kids. The plain truth is that, the Earth is overpopulated by humans. Half a billion people or maybe even a billion, the Earth can maybe support sustainably. We are sitting at about 8 billion right now so, it's like there are 7 times more of us than can be supported by our planet.

I was thinking of fostering dogs until they can be placed in a good home (you can foster cats too). Food litter and vet care is taken care of by the fostering agency. You can quit at any time you want. The only thing that requires your time is writing about your fostered pet so that it can find the right home or the right person for it's and their temperaments. The worst thing that I could see happening is that you bond with it and don't want to let it go. The foster agency near me is called Secondhand Hounds. https://pethavenmn.org/foster/

And women may be able to use the technique to produce sperm, allowing lesbian couples to have their own biological daughters. Nayernia says that researchers have produced the same early-stage sperm cells in mice from bone marrow cells taken from female mice.  https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11601-bone-stem-cells-turned-into-primitive-sperm-cells/

The biggest question is, can Bekah be happy if she doesn't have a child? I would discuss it with her further, to alleviate future disappointment. I don't think that choking a person out changes how they feel, rational thought and discussion may though. Maybe have her volunteer or work at a child daycare place and she would change her mind.

My cousin was adopted and quite frankly, besides myself, she is probably the best person in our whole family. So adoption can be good too. On the other hand, she has four children and hasn't helped the Planet much.

Good luck on this one Steffi.

Dawg Out

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,774 posts
8 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

I don't like kids. Annoying crying screaming little brats.

Wait until you are around 35 and that "clock" starts ticking down, then come back and say if you want kids or not. If not you, then your significant other may want them.

Also, the world is not getting worse. People in general are much better off today than anytime in history. People think COVID-19 is the end of the world but it hardly even registers in comparison with plagues of the past. The Black Death killed half of Europe in the late Middle Ages and Smallpox about 90% of the New World Amerindians after Europeans brought it from the Old World. Even when my Dad was a child, families generally would expect to lose a couple of kids to things like polio, mumps, or whooping cough.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,437 posts
12,888 battles

You don't like kids.

Wait till you have some.

Then you REALLY won't like kids.

• Haha 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,521 posts
12,361 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Wait until you are around 35 and that "clock" starts ticking down, then come back and say if you want kids or not. If not you, then your significant other may want them.

Also, the world is not getting worse. People in general are much better off today than anytime in history. People think COVID-19 is the end of the world but it hardly even registers in comparison with plagues of the past. The Black Death killed half of Europe in the late Middle Ages and Smallpox about 90% of the New World Amerindians after Europeans brought it from the Old World. Even when my Dad was a child, families generally would expect to lose a couple of kids to things like polio, mumps, or whooping cough.

"2020 was the worst year ever," says person who wasn't alive for literally any other time in human history. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,437 posts
12,888 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

People who lived through those things are pretty much gone now.  I'm AARP range now, and I was inoculated against all of that as a child.  There can't be more than a handful of people that were even alive during the Spanish Flu, much less any that remember it.

Shoot, kids now days even get Chicken Pox vaccines. (More power to them, that crap was annoying).

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,774 posts
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

People who lived through those things are pretty much gone now.

My Dad knew several kids when he was growing up who died or were severely incapacitated by illnesses that are pretty much extinct now. Before WWII, and antibiotics, even things like strep throat could lead to death in kids. When I was a kid I developed rheumatic fever and my grandpas were pretty upset because they thought I was certain to die. However, penicillin did the trick, though it took a month of twice-weekly injections. I got all of the usually childhood vaccinations and a ton more when I was in the Army.

[WPORT]
Members
11,686 posts
15,996 battles
20 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

I don't like kids. Annoying crying screaming little brats. Now I understand why people love them and that is great, I get it. They are just not my thing.

So Bekah is all "This world is getting worse I hope our kids won't have to deal with any of this horrible stuff."

So I reply: "It won't be an issues because we aren't having any.

So she is all "Why not? We would be great parents!"

"No Bekah, YOU would be a great parent, I would NOT. Besides, hello, we are two GIRLS we can't have kids duh."

"Well we could adopt Steffi."

"Uh NO I don't want someone else's leftovers or hand me downs. I don't wear second hand clothes so no second hand kids."

"Well we could get a sperm donor."

"Ok Bekah before I go all Brock Lesnar on you and choke you out with the standing triangle choke, I will NOT lose my 6 pack abs and fit as hell body to get flabby boobs, stretch marks, and hemorrhoids. And YOU will NOT lose that toned skater-girl body either plus, a sperm donor is technically cheating which means you get choked out. Not to mention the fact we would have NO idea what sort of crazed lunatic the father is. It could be some psychopath who donated sperm so he could buy meth or what if its a Liberal or a communist?"

"Steffi I-"

"OMG I HAVE SPOKEN BEKAH NO KIDS!!!"

So she got all pouty so I told her we could adopt a cat instead (I lied) and that made her feel better. Yeah, like I am going to torture poor Bessie by adopting a cat...I think not. 

I know people who have both fostered and adopted children.
I am glad such people exist.

This issue is among the many compatibility factors in any couple considering a life together.
The desire to have kids probably won't cease, even if you "have spoken".

If you were looking at each-other in an on-line dating website and comparing life goals, then would you still choose each other?
It's a serious question, that I don't need to know the answer to.  It is intended as food for thought.

[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

Online dating is heresy. God puts people into your life not some algorithm 

And trust me, NO KIDS and if she keeps it up I will go Brock Lesnar on her,

She always gets these crazy ideas in her head and they eventually go away.

Like being vegan

or going to a PRIDE parade

or voting Democrat

or thinking of becoming a Buddhist 

I put a stop to all that buffoonery.

[WPORT]
Members
11,686 posts
15,996 battles

God helps those who help themselves, eh?

Also, I figure Buddhism is a viable alternative. 

Someone being vegan doesn't harm me, and doesn't prevent me from being an omnivore.
Similarly, "gay marriage" doesn't harm me and doesn't prevent me from getting married.

I'm not a fan of the democrat party, though.  Seems we have that in common.
Speaking of which, the use of overwhelming/governmental force to change someone's behavior seems to be a democrat party tactic.  
If you "go Brock Lesnar" on someone, does that put you in the same league as democrats and other would-be tyrants?

[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts
3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

God helps those who help themselves, eh?

Also, I figure Buddhism is a viable alternative. 

Someone being vegan doesn't harm me, and doesn't prevent me from being an omnivore.
Similarly, "gay marriage" doesn't harm me and doesn't prevent me from getting married.

I'm not a fan of the democrat party, though.  Seems we have that in common.
Speaking of which, the use of overwhelming/governmental force to change someone's behavior seems to be a democrat party tactic.  
If you "go Brock Lesnar" on someone, does that put you in the same league as democrats and other would-be tyrants?

No it just means I put her in the triangle choke until she sees things my way. 

• Sad 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,774 posts
37 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

I'm not sure if you are trolling here or just one messed up individual.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,686 posts
15,996 battles
8 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm not sure if you are trolling here or just one messed up individual.

:cap_hmm:

[WPORT]
Members
11,686 posts
15,996 battles
8 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

Gonna have to disagree with you on that assessment.  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this