You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

PSA. WG apparently ...ed up the BXP for Newport News

120 comments in this topic

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles

Apparently WeeGee either  ...ed up the BXP earnings for this op...or they secretly ...ed up the earnings for this op. So which is it?!?

image.thumb.png.a76b5ae183af02e348c3c2b36e01d268.png

This is the hardest scenario. I can tell you one thing, if they knowingly did this....... then the upcoming Verizon stream......hmm    won't be very pretty

11 hours ago, Jedrzejczyk said:

shot-21_05.19_10_53.19-0562.thumb.jpg.3bf5740948f7eac3bf7c52f812b9fb1f.jpg

shot-21.05.19_10.54.03-0770.jpg

shot-21.05.19_10.54.15-0734.jpg

shot-21.05.19_10.54.24-0175.jpg

Edited by Bandi73

[MUG-T]
Members
798 posts
4,276 battles

Were you running flags and stuff? If you stacked all of it, there's no way you could do that poorly. Something tells me WeeGee is behind this.

• Cool 3

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
1 minute ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

Were you running flags and stuff? If you stacked all of it, there's no way you could do that poorly. Something tells me WeeGee is behind this.

You don't understand. Look at the base XP

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
10 minutes ago, InvoluntarySoul said:

looks fine to me unless you got like 200k damage

No its not. At all.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bandi73 said:

I just had a very good NWN game. What sets apart from other good runs was the composition. 3 DD's, 3 Cl:s and a CV .Against all odds it was a three star win. Good job guys.

image.thumb.png.89ca89bbeae4d05b43379c46afebdb48.png

image.thumb.png.7a3e1c28687476af754b3e9696d41a37.png

And the replay

20201125_204023_PGSC106-Nurnberg_s02_Naval_Defense.wowsreplay

Also a three star win. 5 killz   - 1201 BXP

9(!!) killz  -851 BXP

Dafq is this B.S?!?!

Edited by Bandi73

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
3 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

"Stop enjoying the game yur way, and play Randoms or competitive modes like we want you too"

-WeeGee

I played a good couple of runs and I didn't noticed.....  until now. Now I'm looking at a 5 star run and.......

image.thumb.png.138aa2e2ea678360fff8a6b7b10aa947.png 

Just.....wth??!!@? 

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,549 posts

This doesn't give enough information to make a determination though.  XP from ships sunk depends quite a lot on what type of ship you sunk.  DDs are worth a lot more than BBs etc.

I remember an Aegis run a month or so ago where clan mate got 0 kills, people just kept stealing his kills.  I had like 5 kills.  He still ended up with more BXP than me because he was shooting at DDs and cruisers while I was in a CV torping the BBs to death.

[T_O_P]
Members
650 posts

y r u so surprised?

weegee wants people to stop playing the scenarios and than to say "well, it's not a popular mode so... we removed it"

It is sad because I really like scenarios. In fact would've preferred they expanded them to other tiers (like 8/9/10) not just 6 & 7..... but it's not gonna happen.

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

This doesn't give enough information to make a determination though.  XP from ships sunk depends quiet a lot on what type of ship you sunk.  DDs are worth a lot more than BBs etc.

I remember an Ageis run a month or so ago where clan made got 0 kills, people just kept stealing his kills.  I had like 5 kills.  He still ended up with more BXP than me because he was shooting at DDs and cruisers while I was in a CV torping the BBs to death.

Erm......that's not how it works.... I had Aegis runs with 2(!!!)kills and I was first with 1700 ish BXP. Damage is important, kills go mainly to credits. And.. we talk about a FIVE star run. vs a 3 star run. 

image.png

Edit :And cv's  have lower income than other classes.

Edited by Bandi73

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
8 minutes ago, Hammer_n_Sickle said:

y r u so surprised?

weegee wants people to stop playing the scenarios and than to say "well, it's not a popular mode so... we removed it"

It is sad because I really like scenarios. In fact would've preferred they expanded them to other tiers (like 8/9/10) not just 6 & 7..... but it's not gonna happen.

I'm not as surprised ( as per the title) but sure as hell that I;m royally pissed!!!

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts

I've played 6 Newport games today, and all of them had low BXP for all players.  I play ops enough to know what we're seeing is about a 30-35% reduction in XP.  Could be a bug, or a nerf to the economy.  I've tagged Hapa in another thread, and posted in the bug report section, let's see if we can get some answers.

• Cool 2

[TF-64]
Members
75 posts
2,077 battles

Since I only play on weekends now I was not aware of the reduced bxp until now. Before the patch release, I normally would play with Leander or Aoba and get the most bxp every game and traditionally get more than 1000. I think they don't want people to rush combat missions?

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
15 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I've played 6 Newport games today, ....

If you look at the picture with the 5 star run, you are the Cv player.

15 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

......, and all of them had low BXP for all players.  I play ops enough to know what we're seeing is about a 30-35% reduction in XP.  Could be a bug, or a nerf to the economy.  I've tagged Hapa in another thread, and posted in the bug report section, let's see if we can get some answers.

Yep. We will see. i already posted on Reddit too.....

Edit: Aaand the post got moved to PVE.....

Edited by Bandi73

[SLI]
9,549 posts
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

Erm......that's not how it works.... I had Aegis runs with 2(!!!)kills and I was first with 1700 ish BXP. Damage is important, kills go mainly to credits. And.. we talk about a FIVE star run. vs a 3 star run. 

image.png

Edit :And cv's  have lower income than other classes.

Right, that was kind of my point, I got a bunch of kills and my teammate didn't, but they ended up with more XP than me. 

My message is that I dunno if WG nerfed the XP earning of the OP or not, I don't know. "I got low BXP but I did a lot of damage (or kills)", isn't enough information though, to verify the claim.  What types of ships you did it to, matters, a lot.

To clarify, BXP from damage is determined by damage to the health of the target, but not in raw numbers, in % of health.  If you take 50% off the health of a BB and 50% of the health off a DD, of the same tier, the xp reward is the same.  You just need to do a lot more actual damage to a BB to take that % off of it, than you do a DD.  A cruiser hitting a DD can easily take half it's heath in one salvo. It's going to be a whole lot of salvos from that same cruiser though, to take half the health off a BB.

Ergo, the action of doing damage to a DD, is worth a lot more, than the action of doing damage to a BB, unless you cit the thing for half it's health in one salvo.  It takes a lot more time and a lot more shooting, to extract the same amount of XP from a BB.

Kills work in the exact same way, in that rewards are in terms of health %, not raw numbers.  They award BXP as if you have done the equivalent of 10% in damage, to the health pool of the target ship.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,884 battles

Hey WG, I was going to buy an Ise to play in Operations. How come you don't want my money?

• Cool 2

Members
1,017 posts
14 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

My message is that I dunno if WG nerfed the XP earning of the OP or not, I don;t know. "I got low BXP but I did a lot of damage", isn't enough information though, to verify the claim.  What types of ships you did it to, matters, a lot.

To clarify, BXP from damage (and kills) is determined by damage to the health of the target, but not in raw numbers, in % of health.  If you take 50% off the health of a BB and 50% of the health off a DD, of the same tier, the xp reward is the same.  You just need to do a lot more actual damage to a BB to take that % off of it, than you do a DD.  A cruiser hitting a DD can easily take half it's heath in one salvo. It's going to be a whole lot of salvos from that same cruiser though, to take half the health off a BB.

Ergo, the action of doing damage to a DD, is worth a lot more, than the action of doing damage to a BB, unless you cit the thing for half it's health.  It takes a lot more time and a lot more shooting, to extract the same amount of XP from a BB.

Kills work in the exact same way, in terms of %.  They award BXP as if you have done the equivalent of 10% in damage, to the health pool of the target ship.

The sheer difference between OP's example and past records is enough to tell the problem. There's nothing to justify here.

Members
1,017 posts

This company has been intentionally but secretively making changes so players could all move into PvP modes. I wonder why? Money certainly is not an adequate reason, because tons of PvE players burn money to buy ships for operations and convert free xp to shorten their grind. The only possible reason I can think of is that the game's population has been decreasing, and by forcing PvE players into PvP, the queuing time won't be long enough to piss people off.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Right, that was kind of my point, I got a bunch of kills and my teammate didn't, but they ended up with more XP than me. 

My message is that I dunno if WG nerfed the XP earning of the OP or not, I don't know. "I got low BXP but I did a lot of damage (or kills)", isn't enough information though, to verify the claim.  What types of ships you did it to, matters, a lot.

To clarify, BXP from damage is determined by damage to the health of the target, but not in raw numbers, in % of health.  If you take 50% off the health of a BB and 50% of the health off a DD, of the same tier, the xp reward is the same.  You just need to do a lot more actual damage to a BB to take that % off of it, than you do a DD.  A cruiser hitting a DD can easily take half it's heath in one salvo. It's going to be a whole lot of salvos from that same cruiser though, to take half the health off a BB.

Ergo, the action of doing damage to a DD, is worth a lot more, than the action of doing damage to a BB, unless you cit the thing for half it's health in one salvo.  It takes a lot more time and a lot more shooting, to extract the same amount of XP from a BB.

Kills work in the exact same way, in that rewards are in terms of health %, not raw numbers.  They award BXP as if you have done the equivalent of 10% in damage, to the health pool of the target ship.

Well... I don't know what they did. However I do know that they did -...ed up the earnings from ops. This is not a matter of uncertainty. I play daily scenarios.  

The explanation is ofc correct. What's important also to remember is that in ops there are all sorts of tiers so.. that will have an impact too. And.... Weegee already nerfed once scenarios ergo they have something else at play, already in place

But none of that matters, the difference between 5 and 3 star runs are...quite significant BXP wise. And this is exactly the problem. It seems that there is no difference between them.   .

[SLI]
9,549 posts
18 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Well... I don't know what they did. However I do know that they did -...ed up the earnings from ops. This is not a matter of uncertainty. I play daily scenarios.  

The explanation is ofc correct. What's important also to remember is that in ops there are all sorts of tiers so.. that will have an impact too. And.... Weegee already nerfed once scenarios ergo they have something else at play, already in place

But none of that matters, the difference between 5 and 3 star runs are...quite significant BXP wise. And this is exactly the problem. It seems that there is no difference between them.   .

I am not doubting your judgement based on experience and while I love operations myself, I wouldn't put it past WG because they don't appear to care that players love them.

I am just saying if we (players) are going to start yelling about it, we are going to need some actual proof, undeniable math that shows a nerf to present to make the argument hold some weight.  You are going to ask me how to do that but I don't have the answer, other than perhaps old replays and then somehow recreating the run in the current patch, at least reasonably with the same damage to the same sort of ships.  That's a pretty tall order though.

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,323 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I am not doubting your judgement based on experience and while I love operations myself, I wouldn't put it past WG because they don't appear to care that players love them.

I am just saying if we (players) are going to start yelling about it, we are going to need some actual proof, undeniable math that shows a nerf to present to make the argument hold some weight.  You are going to ask me how to do that but I don't have the answer, other than perhaps old replays and then somehow recreating the run in the current patch, at least reasonably with the same damage to the same sort of ships.  That's a pretty tall order though.

Tbh...based on my experience. scenarios have a fixed, hard capped possible earning, which is then gets divided among the players with the added caveat of proportional contributions. It has nothing in common how the BXP is calculated in randoms or other forms of PvP.. And the exact math is.....  Weegee;s "magic". But the screenshots provide enough evidence.....

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts

I had 8 games in Newport today (yesterday actually), not one person broke a 1000 BXP.  That is unheard of.  As I said, I play op regularly, the XP is down ~30%.  I don't think we need proof.  WG will know if this is a bug or a nerf.  We just need for them to know about it, and report back to us.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,221 posts
27,001 battles
2 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

"Stop enjoying the game yur way, and play Randoms or competitive modes like we want you too"

-WeeGee

Some people laugh at this, but WG has made Operations worse.  Ops today in May 2021 is worlds worse than it ever was in December 2019, the last full month before the CV Rebork and the trashing of Operations that came with it. WG even went so far as to reduce Ops rewards.

• Cool 1