Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Quincy71_GWP

Jolly Roger II flags being given away

83 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

188
[TF-62]
Members
177 posts
36,358 battles

I earned my Jolly Roger flags the hard way through rank outs when they were still given. They were and still are the most prized of my in game awards. And now they will be just given away to pirate event players just for playing 16 battles!!! Are you kidding me? You couldn't make a different flag for this?

  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,411
[GGWP]
Members
7,577 posts
17,910 battles

The one unique thing given away to rank 1 players. 

Sufferin weegee

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[WPE-2]
Members
152 posts
1,256 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

What an utterly inconsequential thing to be upset about.

i dont think it is . when i played ranked and saw any of the jolly rogers on a boat you had a idea about the player . im talking about the real ranked the this crap we have now .  

they stopped giving the flags by the time i started to rank out .   i prefer to have earned it . next theyll be giving out the KOTS winning flag just because .

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,085
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,369 posts
11 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

What an utterly inconsequential thing to be upset about.

Actually no. Its a big deal.

I own a jolly roger flag after ranking out the hard way in the old ranked system. The last 10 to 15 victories took a pound of blood and iron out of me.

Its a small item. Normally I don't worry too much about virtual items however this would be one where I plant it in the sand and draw the line.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188
[TF-62]
Members
177 posts
36,358 battles

I'd say it's those that didn't earn it the hard way would disagree with my post. Same thing with Flint. Nerfed into the ground after earning it the hard way. Nothing in this game is worth grinding for or sacred anymore. There simply aren't any rewards of value.

 

Edited by Quincy71_GWP
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[USCG]
Members
765 posts
23,611 battles

I would have to agree with OP on this... I never reached rank one in the old ranked system but feel like the Jolly Roger flags should be left for those that did. 

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,975
Members
1,999 posts
28,678 battles
1 minute ago, Quincy71_GWP said:

I'd say it's those that didn't earn it that would disagree with my post. Same thing with Flint. Nerfed into the ground after earning it the hard way. Nothing in this game is worth grinding for or sacred anymore. There simply aren't any rewards of value.

 

Just now, goldenpollywog said:

It just show you that anything you invest into this company is worthless

 

^ Wisdom, in case you're too dense to recognize it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,411
[GGWP]
Members
7,577 posts
17,910 battles

I wonder when they will start selling Arkansas beta and iwaki alpha at this rate? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,196
[WOLFC]
Members
2,509 posts
9 minutes ago, Stew_Pedastle said:

i dont think it is . when i played ranked and saw any of the jolly rogers on a boat....

...

Is looking hard at a boat enough to see a flag a thing people do?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,046
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts
17 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

What an utterly inconsequential thing to be upset about.

Eh, I don't have one but I can understand why they mean something to those that do have one.  It's a "you had to be there" thing that they probably worked hard to earn.  If it is the same flag, I can see those people being ticked off about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,389
[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,655 posts
21,583 battles
19 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

What an utterly inconsequential thing to be upset about.

Imagine you climb mount everest, and they give you a special "First to everest" award. 

5 years later they sell the same award in the gift shop to children.

Sort of diminished the reward a bit.

The reality is the people doing the current promotions are not the original wargaming employees, so the context of flags and award only items is lost.

Not saying it's good or bad, but that is what has happened.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,411
[GGWP]
Members
7,577 posts
17,910 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Eh, I don't have one but I can understand why they mean something to those that do have one.  It's a "you had to be there" thing that they probably worked hard to earn.  If it is the same flag, I can see those people being ticked off about it.

The flip side is that usually there are unique flags for these events, anyone that participates in this event that already had the jolly Roger 2 gets no flag out of this. 

So they don't get the unique event flag like normal. 

@Hapa_Fodder why is there no special flag for this event like for other events and why did WG decide to give out an exclusive reward flag instead? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,046
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts
4 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Is looking hard at a boat enough to see a flag a thing people do?

Some.  I have a closed beta player flag that I mostly never run but have in the past.  I had two people say something about it chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
399
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
805 posts
6,316 battles
10 minutes ago, Devastating_Fieldtrip said:

I wonder when they will start selling Arkansas beta and iwaki alpha at this rate? 

Auction items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,046
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts
5 minutes ago, Devastating_Fieldtrip said:

The flip side is that usually there are unique flags for these events, anyone that participates in this event that already had the jolly Roger 2 gets no flag out of this. 

So they don't get the unique event flag like normal. 

@Hapa_Fodder why is there no special flag for this event like for other events and why did WG decide to give out an exclusive reward flag instead? 

Yeah I don't get it.  I have the old pirate flag.  Why not just use that if they are going to copy one?

 

shot-21.05.19_12.24.28-0953.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
368
[WOLF1]
Members
1,115 posts
2,164 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yeah I don't get it.  I have the old pirate flag.  Why not just use that if they are going to copy one?

 

shot-21.05.19_12.24.28-0953.jpg

I too have that flag, which I fly sometimes on my DD’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,690
[WOLFG]
Members
12,609 posts
11,708 battles

The thought of getting a ranked reward item for participating in an event like this is........

Hell, I don't even know what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,028
[HINON]
Members
8,982 posts
13,140 battles

wait, where are they giving these out? in the auction or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[WPE-2]
Members
152 posts
1,256 battles
23 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Is looking hard at a boat enough to see a flag a thing people do?

Actually thast all i do , i go yolo in at the start of battle to die then float around back seat drive and look at peoples boat .   

  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,690
[WOLFG]
Members
12,609 posts
11,708 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

wait, where are they giving these out? in the auction or?

Pirate event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[TF-62]
Members
91 posts
6,484 battles
34 minutes ago, Quincy71_GWP said:

I'd say it's those that didn't earn it the hard way would disagree with my post. Same thing with Flint. Nerfed into the ground after earning it the hard way. Nothing in this game is worth grinding for or sacred anymore. There simply aren't any rewards of value.

 

When I saw Flint in-game when she was a ranked reward, she was a Unicorn sailed by beasts with bears and smell like whiskey and went down with their ship with a "gg o7" in the chat.

Nowadays, it's being sailed by salt-covered potatoes spam-clicking the map and red stats with CapitalOnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,812 posts
12,810 battles

I love my Corgi flag...  That was the last time I did one of these events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,905
[RLGN]
Members
16,189 posts
28,079 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Actually no. Its a big deal.

I own a jolly roger flag after ranking out the hard way in the old ranked system. The last 10 to 15 victories took a pound of blood and iron out of me.

Its a small item. Normally I don't worry too much about virtual items however this would be one where I plant it in the sand and draw the line.

This is exactly why I’ll never get a Black or Flint, I didn’t EARN them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×