Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

World of Warships, a New PC, and this HORRENDUS CLIENT

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles

I am about this close to uninstalling this game for good. Three times, I have been kicked mid-game because there are missing files and I need to fix my client. So I go in, fix the client, come back, I am pink for 2, then 4, then who knows how many matches at this point. I love being punished because your client cannot properly upload files. I have NEVER had this many issues installing this game, but this has been an absolute nightmare today that does not seem to want to end. At this point, I might as well uninstall and reinstall the game; can't wait to spend another hour or so waiting only to be stuck on the client bug that won't let me finish downloading the dumb game until I restart my computer 3 or 4 times. Seriously, WG, your client sucks. I know this doesn't take priority over other amazing additions like submarines and premiums but it would be nice if you could make downloading your game in the first place not an absolute chore!

Rant over. See you all tomorrow.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
6 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

I am about this close to uninstalling this game for good. Three times, I have been kicked mid-game because there are missing files and I need to fix my client. So I go in, fix the client, come back, I am pink for 2, then 4, then who knows how many matches at this point. I love being punished because your client cannot properly upload files. I have NEVER had this many issues installing this game, but this has been an absolute nightmare today that does not seem to want to end. At this point, I might as well uninstall and reinstall the game; can't wait to spend another hour or so waiting only to be stuck on the client bug that won't let me finish downloading the dumb game until I restart my computer 3 or 4 times. Seriously, WG, your client sucks. I know this doesn't take priority over other amazing additions like submarines and premiums but it would be nice if you could make downloading your game in the first place not an absolute chore!

Rant over. See you all tomorrow.

I found an inconsistency in your story....

  • As far as my Client DL history shows, only 1 file DL was in queue fo WOWS
    • ANd on for WOWP
  • Wargaming.net had one update on the 05/15/2021

The only DL that will boot you off the client are WARGAMING.net updates and those are not as frequent as you claim to be... Nor will it cause the problems you describe...


I do suspect your bandwidth is being used to the max by other sources that is not WOWS related...

I would check with you ISP to see if the issue is related at their end... As far as what you're claiming as the cause of your problems... Sorry man, no its not... Try again so the we can guide you to a solution ?

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
357 posts
5,482 battles

  I don't think it's a problem on wargaming's end.    Whens the last time it ran?  What has changed since then?  I would put in a ticket to support and ask them for help. 

    In the past I have has to reset my router for a few minutes because I could not stay connected to the wargaming server.  It effected my client updates and my in game connection on different occasions.    After refreshing it, I was able to play again fine. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I found an inconsistency in your story....

  • As far as my Client DL history shows, only 1 file DL was in queue fo WOWS
    • ANd on for WOWP
  • Wargaming.net had one update on the 05/15/2021

The only DL that will boot you off the client are WARGAMING.net updates and those are not as frequent as you claim to be... Nor will it cause the problems you describe...


I do suspect your bandwidth is being used to the max by other sources that is not WOWS related...

I would check with you ISP to see if the issue is related at their end... As far as what you're claiming as the cause of your problems... Sorry man, no its not... Try again so the we can guide you to a solution ?

The error I’m getting is this.D91256DE-7C53-4488-B6B6-EFAA21F674AC.png.c36355be23e0704426879b2dc790cf73.png

ive repaired the game client. This isn’t some bandwidth issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

The error I’m getting is this.D91256DE-7C53-4488-B6B6-EFAA21F674AC.png.c36355be23e0704426879b2dc790cf73.png

ive repaired the game client. This isn’t some bandwidth issue.

We may have an overloaded system. ( on your end...)

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,781 posts

Have you contacted the game support? Maybe they can offer a bit more advice. Here are some general things I found useful for trouble shooting:

  • List all the hardware in your PC, might be something else causing this issue
  • Does other software/games run perfectly or is this a more systemwide issue?
  • Try uninstalling the whole game, delete the game folder, reinstall in fresh folder
  • Try different SSD/HDD; could be a hardware issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

We may have an overloaded system. ( on your end...)

Meaning what exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
Just now, shinytrashcan said:

Have you contacted the game support? Maybe they can offer a bit more advice. Here are some general things I found useful for trouble shooting:

  • List all the hardware in your PC, might be something else causing this issue
  • Does other software/games run perfectly or is this a more systemwide issue?
  • Try uninstalling the whole game, delete the game folder, reinstall in fresh folder
  • Try different SSD/HDD; could be a hardware issue.

I’m playing other games perfectly fine. It’s just this one. I’m reinstalling the dumb thing again. It’s a brand new computer. It’s running everything just fine. It just won’t run this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,781 posts
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

I’m playing other games perfectly fine. It’s just this one. I’m reinstalling the dumb thing again. It’s a brand new computer. It’s running everything just fine. It just won’t run this. 

I am sorry to hear this, I understand this must be very frustrating. Nevertheless, if you want to continue this on the forum instead of going to the support I would encourage you to share the details of your system, the hardware, type of HDD/SSD, how much free space remains on them etc.

Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,486
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
8 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

ive repaired the game client.

How?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Meaning what exactly?

If I saw that notice... It tells me something is wrong with my PC's resources not being able to send the resources needed to run the program I just clicked.,.. Which explains why you're consistently being booted.. WGC/WOWS are being starved of resources needed to function at a performance level you set.


Have you tried running the client on safe mode ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,264
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,698 posts

If you have had any mods installed you might want to do a complete uninstall, then after you have manually gone and made sure the WOWS folder has been deleted, run CCleaner to clear any temporary files and caches and then re-install the game.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,693
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,529 posts
18,437 battles
14 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

It’s a brand new computer. It’s running everything just fine. It just won’t run this.

Wg recently not support OS 32 bits, they only support OS 64 bits, maybe this is the cause?

Or

use the WGC to do the repair and make sure you check the found problem and auto repair.

Once the repair complete, run it again to make sure they all did the repair probably.

If it not working with all the above steps, you should sent CS ticket

 

regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If I saw that notice... It tells me something is wrong with my PC's resources not being able to send the resources needed to run the program I just clicked.,.. Which explains why you're consistently being booted.. WGC/WOWS are being starved of resources needed to function at a performance level you set.


Have you tried running the client on safe mode ?

So in laymen's terms: settings are too high, turn them down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
6 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

So in laymen's terms: settings are too high, turn them down?

If that will give you access back into the program, I would try it... (from the software side).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

If that will give you access back into the program, I would try it... (from the software side).

I would try that, if reinstalling the game would let me get past 51%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
Just now, Usedcarjock said:

I would try that, if reinstalling the game would let me get past 51%. 

Reinstalling was my last resort option... From what you've stated... Lack of resource to the programs is the culprit... Feed the machine and it will run (again according to the error and your explanation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Reinstalling was my last resort option... From what you've stated... Lack of resource to the programs is the culprit... Feed the machine and it will run (again according to the error and your explanation).

So to sum it up: try lowering graphics from max to high where it was set from the get go and hope for the best?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,781 posts
10 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

I would try that, if reinstalling the game would let me get past 51%. 

wait, what? Your game is not installing completely? Is there an error message?

What are you installing it on, what type of storage medium (SSD, HDD), what is the capacity left etc. Please be as detailed as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,297 posts
20,867 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

So to sum it up: try lowering graphics from max to high where it was set from the get go and hope for the best?

I'm realist, high setting will work no question..HOWEVER, I am also mindful of any other problems we've haven't identified yet... If it works, it works...

No other action is required, just minor tweaks here and there. Done... If you're not a realist like me...  Then I understand :Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
9 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

wait, what? Your game is not installing completely? Is there an error message?

What are you installing it on, what type of storage medium (SSD, HDD), what is the capacity left etc. Please be as detailed as possible.

Installing it on:

Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)

Capacity left is 1.9 TB.

Edited by Usedcarjock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,486
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

AGAIN.  HOW were you repairing??

Playing coy isn't going to get you anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
611
[-TKS-]
Members
1,303 posts
11,258 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

AGAIN.  HOW were you repairing??

Playing coy isn't going to get you anywhere.

I was using the WGC repair tool. As for being coy, I’m sorry I can’t babysit the thread.

Edited by Usedcarjock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355
[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,360 posts
2 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

The error I’m getting is this

kanji or whatever called characters?   doubt reason as to why just noticed is all  :)    

what os and how much mem in box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,781 posts
4 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)

Sorry but this is very uninformative. What type of storage (HDD/SSD) etc. Can you provide more information in general? Have you tried the WG check tool? Also, why is the game not letting you past 51% when installing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×