You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Granzi

Picking the right team in Battle of the Beasts maximizes your odds of getting all rewards

21 comments in this topic

[DALE]
Members
21 posts
7,016 battles

The Battle of the Beasts event starts tomorrow. The team component of the event is designed in a way that prevents every team from claiming all of the weekly rewards. I used the information in this news post to calculate how to maximize your odds of getting all of the rewards. This post does not contain all of the information about the event; only relevant information to completing it is included.

Basic Event Info

• The Battle is 4 weeks long, with 4 sprints that each last 1 week.
  • There are 4 teams, each with their own unique commander in their respective reward track. To claim all rewards you will need to sign up for a different team each week.
  • 25 missions are available per day, split among 3 categories. Each mission is available for 2 hours before expiring and a new mission of the same type taking its place.
  • To claim all 10 rewards each week, you need 1500 personal points and 1500 team points.
  • Each mission gives 20, 40, 60, or 80 personal points, depending on your mission progress. You can also get a bonus of 10-25 personal points for placing on the leaderboard for that mission.
  • Each mission also awards 5, 7, 9, or 12 team points, depending on your team's placement (1st-4th place).

Key Takeaway

Collecting 1500 personal points per week is not too difficult and depends entirely on how much you play and how good you are at the game.

In contrast, reaching 1500 team points will depend on your team's performance in the 175 total missions available each week. Teams' placements are determined by "summing up the team results for each mission." This means that larger teams with more players will have an advantage in placement. Due to the distribution of team points, your team will need to average around 2nd place for all missions to obtain all team rewards for the week.

9 (points) x 25 (missions per day) x 7 (days in a week) = 1575 points

Therefore, it is important to pick the right team to join each week if you want all of the unique rewards.

Unlike previous events such as Sharks vs. Eagles, where players might have sentimental reasons for picking a side, this event features teams inspired by Germanic mythology that are less likely to attract players based on the names or mascots alone. My prediction is that Welthund will have the most players in the first week due to being the first team listed (their dog mascot isn't bad either). For subsequent weeks, I suggest picking the rest of the teams in order from left to right (Feuerputz, Glühschwanz, and finally Lindwurm). If enough of us do this, we should be able to maximize our team placements, and team points, each week.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

[--K--]
Members
254 posts
10,535 battles

This was my plan.  Go left to right as it’s easy to remember which team I chose per week.

Edited by DM31

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,964 posts
23,351 battles

Left to right is probably what everybody else will do too (minus the people who re-pick the first team in the second week before they figure it out). So probably the best plan. Unless WG randomizes the order they're shown, which would be clever (and mean) of them to do.

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,513 battles

Time limited based on when you started them? Or time limited tied to specific times during the day.

On the surface, this is sounding like another event to just ignore.

[SALVO]
Members
9,502 posts
6,975 battles

Cool, left to right it is. 

Is there any cumulative reward for replaying the same faction more than once or is just as pointless as it looks?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,620 posts
4,774 battles

Eagles !!

Is there an Eagle Beast ?

Edited by iDuckman

[DALE]
Members
21 posts
7,016 battles
26 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Cool, left to right it is. 

Is there any cumulative reward for replaying the same faction more than once or is just as pointless as it looks?

No. You'd miss out on a commander. It's possible WG made it impossible to pick a team twice (or replaces the commander with something else) but we won't know until the 2nd week.

[SALVO]
Members
9,502 posts
6,975 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Eagles !!

I think there's a thing with wings... 

[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Nope, but you won't miss out on much picking the same team either.

1 hour ago, Granzi said:

No. You'd miss out on a commander. It's possible WG made it impossible to pick a team twice (or replaces the commander with something else) but we won't know until the 2nd week.

You can get the same commander rewarded multiple times.

"You can have an unlimited number of identical Battle of the Beasts Commanders simultaneously. If you don't change your team, then upon reaching a certain mark on the team's progress bar, you'll receive another themed Commander, as well as compensation for a patch in the amount of 15,000 Credits." Straight from the article.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,420 posts
12,847 battles

Sounds like a plan.

(I was going to do it that way anyways).

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

I will follow your lead if it helps everyone out. I'll choose Welthund first and then the others in your order. Cya you guys/gals on the battlefield!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,739 posts
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Eagles !!

I was Eagles too but didn't Sharks win? I can see why most went Sharks as this is a naval game. However, I've seen an eagle eat a (small) shark but have never seen a shark eat an eagle

[LF]
Members
283 posts

8000 base XP in one day? I guess those of us who play mostly Co-op can just forget about this series.......

[WOLFG]
Members
13,420 posts
12,847 battles
1 minute ago, n5bar said:

8000 base XP in one day? I guess those of us who play mostly Co-op can just forget about this series.......

I saw that mission and started laughing.

[WPORT]
Members
11,632 posts
15,954 battles

Played a bunch of ranked battles tonight.
I think it is a viable option for completing the missions.