Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Battle of the Beasts

51 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,325
[KWF]
Members
6,767 posts
7,444 battles

"Missions

Three mission types, with a limited allotted time for each mission, are available to you each day.

Missions are issued in a sequential order every 40 minutes.

The allotted time for each mission is 120 minutes.

After a mission expires, the next mission of the same type becomes available.

Battles that end after a mission expires are counted towards the next mission. The only exception is the last missions of each day — the time for counting its results is extended by 20 minutes.

A total of 25 missions are available throughout each day.

The missions are only available during a certain time period each day.

Starts: 8:30 AM PT (UTC-7)

Ends: 2:30 AM PT (UTC-7"

This part is where any interest I might have had for the event evaporated.  You first tie the German DD collection to containers only. Then you can make the missions as hard or easy as you like. I can somewhat stomach this stuff.

And on top of all this specific time limitations within the day?  

Thanks, could have been a fun event but pass.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,618
[WOLFG]
Members
16,293 posts
18,439 battles
11 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

"Missions

Three mission types, with a limited allotted time for each mission, are available to you each day.

Missions are issued in a sequential order every 40 minutes.

The allotted time for each mission is 120 minutes.

After a mission expires, the next mission of the same type becomes available.

Battles that end after a mission expires are counted towards the next mission. The only exception is the last missions of each day — the time for counting its results is extended by 20 minutes.

A total of 25 missions are available throughout each day.

The missions are only available during a certain time period each day.

Starts: 8:30 AM PT (UTC-7)

Ends: 2:30 AM PT (UTC-7"

This part is where any interest I might have had for the event evaporated.  You first tie the German DD collection to containers only. Then you can make the missions as hard or easy as you like. I can somewhat stomach this stuff.

And on top of all this specific time limitations within the day?  

Thanks, could have been a fun event but pass.

Yeah.  Too much else going on in game to try to keep up with this event.

I pick a team every week and collect whatever rewards I trip over.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[WOLF6]
Members
293 posts
11,949 battles

The time restriction is odd... so I get penalized now for working to be able to pay to buy things in this game?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,615
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
26,569 battles

Hoooly smokes, what an ignorable event. You guys...

  • Took the Biggest No-Lifer format of the old percentile-ranking achievement grind event
  • Slapped an even more complicated set of rules on it
  • Made it a pain in the [edited]with 2-hour mission windows
  • Nerfed the rewards down to 10-point commanders and RNG boxes
  • Made the grand prizes T3 and T5 ships
  • Overlapped the event with CB, but don't let CB count toward progress

I get that you guys need filler content on the patches where you aren't feeding the whales early access or Dockyard ships, but this is just gross.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
401
[AZUR1]
Members
278 posts
5,998 battles

Not every player has 7day/24hrs to play this game.

Plus, this game is not fun enough to attract players to login everyday and grind for a RNG box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
56 posts
10,677 battles

Not complicated enough.  Please make it more confusing and with more time restrictions.  Thank you.:cap_fainting:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
808 posts

Grind harder for lesser rewards is the new trend for the past year + .  I, like many others are completely disinterested in German destroyers to boot. 

WG CEOs are pushing the developers to find new ways to milk more profit. The game has passed it's 5 year peak. It's all downhill from here. 

Edited by CAPT_CORNHOLIO
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,447
[WOLFC]
Members
5,627 posts
15,765 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Made the grand prizes T3 and T5 ships

The grand prizes are containers that might drop a tier III or tier V premium ship.

I have no motivation to grind this event. The last time we had an event based on this structure (Honor vs. Glory during the Soviet BB event) not only were the rewards better (Kuznetsov, Lazo, and Murmansk), but there was also no RNG involved and you could plan your grind to get the rewards you wanted.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
17 posts
15,980 battles
1 hour ago, ouch4me2 said:

Not complicated enough.  Please make it more confusing and with more time restrictions.  Thank you.:cap_fainting:

LOL. I was thinking the same. Imagine having priorities like a life, job and family commitments to attend to............oh wait :cap_wander: that's me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,618
[WOLFG]
Members
16,293 posts
18,439 battles
47 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The grand prizes are containers that might drop a tier III or tier V premium ship.

 

I didn't pay enough attention to even care what the rewards were, but that certainly isn't going to pump up the motivations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,466
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,100 posts
8,341 battles

Most people are working during the times specified. It is as if Wargaming designed this event for those that are on unemployment or are retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[MR-1]
Members
2,797 posts
29,521 battles

Pretty sure a parrot works for wargaming . Pretty sure we already read about this yesterday before I fell a sleep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TSIOF]
Beta Testers
112 posts
9,525 battles

So I take it you can only get a max of two Jutland containers for this coupled with complicated restrictions and time frames... How else are we able to earn these containers? I seriously am only into this for Agincourt. I feel my answer lies in direct or indirect monetary transactions for them... Will it be an actual, genuine random roll to drop a ship or is it set up to force one to basically buy the extent of the collection to get "lucky" enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,689
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,761 posts
16,321 battles
4 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Made the grand prizes T3 and T5 ships

to be fair, the Konig Albert is considered stupidly OP for the tier its at, im just hoping this isnt the only way to get Agincourt

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,618
[WOLFG]
Members
16,293 posts
18,439 battles
5 minutes ago, bigfat2016 said:

Time restriction is really strange, during working hours for NA

If I read it correctly, it is 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 am (Pacific time).  That covers most of the evening for the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,615
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
26,569 battles
13 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

to be fair, the Konig Albert is considered stupidly OP for the tier its at, im just hoping this isnt the only way to get Agincourt

Unfortunately, times have changed since then and T3 is mostly a bot queue... maybe it'll change again at some point, but that doesn't seem so valuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
139
[MCWF]
Members
109 posts
19,430 battles

so we get 40 minutes to do each mission, well if any of the missions take more than 1 game to finish and you happen to get into 2 back to back games that go the time duration you will miss out on the mission completion when you figure in time spent in the que or looking at your results at the end of a game. talk about a set up for failure event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,799
[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,411 battles
11 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Most people are working during the times specified. It is as if Wargaming designed this event for those that are on unemployment or are retired.

And even for folks like that, of which I am one, the fact the missions have a limited time (ie; hours) to complete is pretty awful too. So only a certain time span during the day has missions and while that time frame is active the missions available have a very short time to complete them.

Just :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,102 posts
24,921 battles

This is like having a second job! 

Who has time for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4 posts
6,810 battles

Ah yes, 2 hours for each mission and 40 minutes to get a new one. As if grinding the Kirov wasn't torture enough, here's some RNG boxes and impossible-to-achieve missions (6 games for each missions! 6!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[EASY]
Members
108 posts

Even better for a time restricted event -- let the servers go down so you cant even log in in the morning and wait and wait and wait - oh, was i supposed to spend all day waiting to play a time-restricted game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×