You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lynx7386

subs might be my last hope for this game

12 comments in this topic

[AC1]
Members
244 posts
375 battles

I've grown increasingly frustrated with wows lately, I used to do well in cruisers and they're my favorite class currently, but ever since hitting t6+ they've been a nightmare.  I can't stand the sluggishness of battleships, my aim with carrier planes is terrible, and while I seemed to do ok in destroyers at lower tiers I'm getting wrecked every single game now at t8 even against bots.

I have about zero faith that wargaming will do subs any kind of justice, and coming from actual sub sims like silent hunter, sub command, etc my expectations are as low as they can be, but I'm trying to hold out a little hope that maybe this ship class will finally be the right fit for me.

Please don't [edited] it up, wargaming.

[MELON]
Members
891 posts
2,624 battles

I could really go for a meatball sub right now

• Haha 3

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,238 posts

like most things it's all in the balance, if another shitshow like carriers then that's going to be last straw for many ... 

could be fun if done right

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,193 battles

You can add subs or CVs or nations with gimmicks. You can add Monsters and hot High School Girls, you can even add Robots and other things to keep things fresh. You can make weird new game modes to try and retain players. The thing that comes with all of these and what is making the game blase' for me is the ever increasing grind. This game is starting to be more like a full time job and I don't even get paid to play this job, oh, I mean game.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,777 posts
37,513 battles

Subs might be what kills the game for me. Radar and CVs didn't do it. This one might.

• Thanks 1

[TWE]
Beta Testers
114 posts
25,176 battles

I feel the same as Sovereigndawg, a job without pay, that is why I am just going to play Naval Battles for the clan. This game has lost it's fun for me.

• Thanks 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,415 posts
12,659 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can add subs or CVs or nations with gimmicks. You can add Monsters and hot High School Girls, you can even add Robots and other things to keep things fresh. You can make weird new game modes to try and retain players. The thing that comes with all of these and what is making the game blase' for me is the ever increasing grind. This game is starting to be more like a full time job and I don't even get paid to play this job, oh, I mean game.

Why do you grind then why not just play the game when you feel like it  ? You must have lots of shiny toys by now you don’t need to do every grind . I don’t understand the this is a job thing .  Not saying it might not be fun anymore but I don’t see how grinding for things that you don’t have to have is killing the game . Boredom or bad MM bad teams I get that  . Anyway good luck I hope the game gets better for you . 

[AC1]
Members
244 posts
375 battles

I just can't seem to find a ship class that I feel comfortable in.  For a long time I thought it was cruisers, since I liked the open water dodging and long range artillery play, but that became impossible at higher tiers.  I had to learn to use islands, which improved my matches for a little while, but again became seemingly less effective as I tiered up, with more players and even bots constantly ambushing me.

Gunship destroyers seemed the next best thing, but now I'm dying even easier and do less damage.   It's always a losing battle and 9 times out of 10 I'm uptiered

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
92 posts
18,077 battles

From where I stand on this is, the biggest complaints are from those who either hide in battle or run away in battle and hope the teams can carry them to a win. Subs will change that dynamic and force them to either die quickly or even better to fight like a team. I myself will be looking forward to subs and will do my best to hunt down those campers hiding behind those islands or running away. I've been in games where my whole teams has stopped and turns away from a single ship that has hit them. But, as soon as I cause major damage to that ship they all open fire at it taking my kill away from me. Now that pisses me off. I know others feel the same way. 

So, I am ready to see them subs in all aspects of the game. I also know that there will be alot of others who will hate this and may want to leave the game. But, what I'm seeing against the subs may work against them with the detection ranges as well as the call in Aircraft to kill them off. There may not be a fair balance for the subs till very much later. So get rid of the ping and let the Subs use all the torp tubes given to each type of ship with a faster reload so they can defend themselves better.

Just my thoughts here.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
535 posts
584 battles
On 5/17/2021 at 8:55 AM, Sovereigndawg said:

If you're feeling like this game is becoming a job to play it's time to take a break and play something else. I recommend spending some time playing W Thunder -you'll quickly understand the differences. 

This is one of the few games I can say has a reasonable grind without it being crazy- unless of course you're trying to nail every event WG summons.. then it's your own fault for pushing yourself off that bridge. 

[AC1]
Members
244 posts
375 battles
On 6/2/2021 at 2:02 PM, Shadow577 said:

From where I stand on this is, the biggest complaints are from those who either hide in battle or run away in battle and hope the teams can carry them to a win. Subs will change that dynamic and force them to either die quickly or even better to fight like a team. I myself will be looking forward to subs and will do my best to hunt down those campers hiding behind those islands or running away. I've been in games where my whole teams has stopped and turns away from a single ship that has hit them. But, as soon as I cause major damage to that ship they all open fire at it taking my kill away from me. Now that pisses me off. I know others feel the same way. 

So, I am ready to see them subs in all aspects of the game. I also know that there will be alot of others who will hate this and may want to leave the game. But, what I'm seeing against the subs may work against them with the detection ranges as well as the call in Aircraft to kill them off. There may not be a fair balance for the subs till very much later. So get rid of the ping and let the Subs use all the torp tubes given to each type of ship with a faster reload so they can defend themselves better.

Just my thoughts here.

So far from the testing it doesn't look like subs are capable of supporting teamplay at all.  They're utterly useless.

Members
34 posts
4,233 battles
12 hours ago, Lynx7386 said:

So far from the testing it doesn't look like subs are capable of supporting teamplay at all.  They're utterly useless.

Have to agree. Who thought it was a good idea to give subs a submerged time limit of less than half the round with no way to recharge the batteries??

The last two test runs, the subs were far more enjoyable to play and they actually supported teamplay. I was able to manage my o2/battery by staying on surface or snorkel depth while hunting for BB's and CV's. As soon as I saw a threat, with luck I could dive, avoid them (50/50 chance) and continue on my hunt for the big boys, surfacing when it was clear to recharge and diving again to attack or evade. Now they've pretty much castrated the sub drivers. Might as well take out a canoe with an M79.