You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lynx7386

think we'll have a type XXI?

11 comments in this topic

[AC1]
Members
244 posts
375 battles

I used to be big on the silent hunter series and other sub sims.

The type 21 u-boat was a prototype that never saw action as it was developed right at the end of ww2.  If it had come earlier, it may have changed the outcome of the war.

Compared to other U-boats and other nation's submarines, the type 21 had a sleeker profile and was actually faster underwater than it was on the surface.  It had better batteries and electric engines, allowing it to stay submerged longer and move further under the water.

It had 6 forward torpedo tubes, and two rear iirc, while most other U-boats only had a 4-1 setup.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,494 battles

Hopefully NO subs in randoms...but WG is bound and determined to destroy this game....sigh

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,326 posts
14,923 battles
39 minutes ago, Lynx7386 said:

I used to be big on the silent hunter series and other sub sims.

The type 21 u-boat was a prototype that never saw action as it was developed right at the end of ww2.  If it had come earlier, it may have changed the outcome of the war.

Compared to other U-boats and other nation's submarines, the type 21 had a sleeker profile and was actually faster underwater than it was on the surface.  It had better batteries and electric engines, allowing it to stay submerged longer and move further under the water.

It had 6 forward torpedo tubes, and two rear iirc, while most other U-boats only had a 4-1 setup.

Actually a few saw service but with standard batteries and the subs already have ludicrous speed when submerged and it is still too slow to get anywhere in a reasonable time while submerged.

[HINON]
Members
8,986 posts
13,144 battles

i believe the T10 of the German line is a Type XXI, also i think it only has 6 forward firing tubes, no rears

4adf219a-c41a-11e9-9eb3-d89d6715223c_120

Edited by tcbaker777

[TWFT]
Members
1,503 posts
41,309 battles

If you used to be big on Silent Hunter and other sub sims, then why do you want to come to this big gun game and screw it up?  What is so dam important about accommodating sub drivers, are they special, have more money, dress like anime girls?  I cant not see WG's stubborn logic in forcing a class of ship that dose not belong in the game.

All subs will do is drive off a portion of the player base, and when subs under perform more then all the other classes and get a stupid buff it will drive off even more.

This game is just getting dumbed done every update so as to accommodate the got to have it now, Mountain Dew fueled, button pressing no thinking, prepubescent, ADD teen that has access to daddy's credit card.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[AC1]
Members
244 posts
375 battles
22 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

If you used to be big on Silent Hunter and other sub sims, then why do you want to come to this big gun game and screw it up?  What is so dam important about accommodating sub drivers, are they special, have more money, dress like anime girls?  I cant not see WG's stubborn logic in forcing a class of ship that dose not belong in the game.

All subs will do is drive off a portion of the player base, and when subs under perform more then all the other classes and get a stupid buff it will drive off even more.

This game is just getting dumbed done every update so as to accommodate the got to have it now, Mountain Dew fueled, button pressing no thinking, prepubescent, ADD teen that has access to daddy's credit card.

Sit down, eat a snickers.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
8,504 posts
24,600 battles
49 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Where was it written that this was only intended to be a "big gun" game?

The only reason subs weren't included from the jump is they couldn't work out the mechanics of how to incorporate them from the start.

Unfortunately the CV rebork removing multiple squadrons per CV removed that roadblock for them...but I only say unfortunate as I don't like the new CVs... I'm looking forward to the subs...if for nothing else so I can figure out how to use them to wipe out the CVs.

[SALVO]
Members
8,218 posts
6,105 battles

Sure, there's a high degree of certainty type XXI will be the T10 german boat.

[_BDA_]
Members
562 posts
8,938 battles
14 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Sure, there's a high degree of certainty type XXI will be the T10 german boat.

I'm holding out for Skipjack as the USN contribution to Tier 10.

[SCREW]
Members
301 posts
14,253 battles
On 5/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, Turbotush said:

Calm down Papaw