You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

Not all but BB play is digusting....

24 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
312 posts
20,140 battles

Im sorry im a dd main and im not great... but i earn my keep. BBs lately are realy such wossies and so scared NOT ALL. But gawd get some chopps such garbage.

Edited by ole_seabee
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

Translation I can't find any dumb BB players that will make themselves easy targets for my torps aka wall of skill :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

I couldn’t have less sympathy for a DD crying about BB passivity. Your garbage class is the biggest problem with the game’s current meta. 

• Cool 6
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 12

[TORCH]
Members
818 posts
8,254 battles
14 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

Im sorry im a dd main and im not great... but i earn my keep. BBs lately are realy such wossies and so scared NO ALL. But gawd get some chopps such garbage.

You are really begging to get stat shamed with a take like that...and...what my BB team mates are doing is usually the least of my concerns...Just because you cant recognize a good BB play doesn't mean they aren't doing it either...We are all far more impacted by bad DD play...so much so I usually play them more than I'd like..

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,610 posts
9,981 battles

I am frequently one of the first BB's to die, near or in a cap, and its disheartening to see my xp in the top 3 at the end of the game when I die in the first 6 minutes of a match while other BB drivers live the whole game and are at the bottom in xp.

The OP is not wrong in that much, not all, BB play is at a new low these days.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,248 posts
17,356 battles

BB's are the easiest class to play in this game by far and as such attract the less than stellar players. Not all BB players are bad players mind you, I have had some great supportive BB players on my teams but they are few and far between, mores the pity.

I main cruisers by the way.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
29 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I couldn’t have less sympathy for a DD crying about BB passivity. Your garbage class is the biggest problem with the game’s current meta. 

Krow, I think that it depends on just how passive the BBs are being.  If they're all sniping at 20+ km, that's one thing.  If they hanging around 12-18 km (give or take) and working in the mid ranges, that's a different kettle of fish.  Add to that the specific BB classes in question.  Some are built to be snipers, while others are better mid range combatants, etc.

Overall, I do tend to agree with you because I tend to see yolo-ing BB play as rather dumb in randoms.  (In coop, not so much.)

• Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Krow, I think that it depends on just how passive the BBs are being.  If they're all sniping at 20+ km, that's one thing.  If they hanging around 12-18 km (give or take) and working in the mid ranges, that's a different kettle of fish.  Add to that the specific BB classes in question.  Some are built to be snipers, while others are better mid range combatants, etc.

I would say there is a difference between three BBs being in the same grid square sniping from 18km, and three BBs sniping from 18km but from various angles to maximize crossfires. You can sometimes see this early on in randoms, where all BBs basically sail in formation towards a cap instead of splitting up to get some distance to set up crossfires later.

As always in WOWS, there is a spectrum of players. You have yoloing DDs, you have lemming cruiser, and then there are the passive BBs reversing in spawn while asking for intelligence data 2 minutes into the game.

• Cool 1

[OPG4]
Members
1,200 posts
2,840 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Overall, I do tend to agree with you because I tend to see yolo-ing BB play as rather dumb in randoms.  (In coop, not so much.)

This is true. In my previous experiance in the Colorado, I pushed in hard, operating around the 10-15 km range, just behind the brawlers, with the armor and turn ability to angle in fast after a broadside and avoid torpedoes.

Now in my NC I find I cannot do such things as easily, mostly due to the lship being longer, and have started realizing I need to play more at the 15-18 km range sniping, then pushing in 

[SALVO]
Members
27,921 posts
40,313 battles
1 minute ago, Boomer625 said:

This is true. In my previous experience in the Colorado, I pushed in hard, operating around the 10-15 km range, just behind the brawlers, with the armor and turn ability to angle in fast after a broadside and avoid torpedoes.

Now in my NC I find I cannot do such things as easily, mostly due to the ship being longer, and have started realizing I need to play more at the 15-18 km range sniping, then pushing in 

It also matters whether you're top of bottom tier.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
11,846 battles
17 minutes ago, arch4random said:

sounds like they need to bring dead eye skill back

It hasn't left.

Yet.

[5D]
Members
905 posts
10,659 battles
1 hour ago, ole_seabee said:

Im sorry im a dd main and im not great... but i earn my keep. BBs lately are realy such wossies and so scared NO ALL. But gawd get some chopps such garbage.

Point the criticism at WG and not the player. The  neutered all the secondary BBS that were designed to push and turned everyone into a sniper with less survivability.    I used to push religiously in my GK etc... and now its sitting in port with a 19 point captain and no skills learned but the clowns that run this game don't even know how to work their own game.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Members
871 posts
20 battles

I think what many BB captains completely fail to realise is that their position is what sets the position of both teams.  The position of the BB's affects where the cruisers can go, and it dictates the ability of the DD's to successfully contest the caps.  It also dictates the position of the enemy team as well. 

BB's have literally only two skills required to be successful - positioning and aiming.  The positioning aspect is the balance between being as aggressive as possible, with managing your health to survive to have impact on the late game.  The better a BB does this, the more successful they'll be, and the easier it will be for the rest of their team to be in the right spot to do their jobs.

For a DD, their ability to cap successfully depends to a large extent on the positioning of their team compared to the enemies.  If their team is too far back, the enemy team pushes up, and suddenly if they have an exchange between themselves and an enemy DD, they are almost guaranteed to come off worse, as they receive a barrage of incoming fire from the enemy team at 10km range or so, while their team is sitting 20km from the enemy DD and unable to put in effective fire at all.  Even a matter of a few kms difference here can have a huge effect - if the DD's team is sitting just 2km further back than they should be, that is the difference between them taking fire from multiple BB's and cruisers from 13km, compared to 17km for the enemy DD. 

This is how battles are won and lost, especially in the early game.  This is how a team loses most or all of their DD's early, leading to a quick and comprehensive snowball loss.  So much of the game comes down to BB positioning.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
5,872 posts
7,638 battles
42 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Point the criticism at WG and not the player. The  neutered all the secondary BBS that were designed to push and turned everyone into a sniper with less survivability.    I used to push religiously in my GK etc... and now its sitting in port with a 19 point captain and no skills learned but the clowns that run this game don't even know how to work their own game.

THIS. And yet you still have Wargaming staff sitting there saying things like "secondaries are where we want them to be right now", I mean how, HOW is getting literally abysmal 5-8% hitrates in Randoms (using battleships without built-in improved dispersion, aka, any BB not named Massachusetts, Georgia, Ohio or German BBs) "exactly" where they want it?! With FULL secondaries build btw. So you know how much that costs in captain points. It's a big investment, for honestly little gain atm.

At any rate, the fix is REALLY simple, just buff ISBA to at least -45% (given Wargaming's attitude towards secondaries atm, I don't think they'll go for -50%, even though that would be ideal). At LEAST there's still a sliver of a chance they'll buff ISBA by fall, but when you get responses like the one above? Yeah, that's...concerning, to say the least. Add to that the russian dev response to secondaries a couple weeks back, and well, things are getting quite dicey...

That said, another issue is Grease the Gears. If your turret traverse is too slow, it's difficult to push in if your turrets can't turn to track fast enough. As an example, Musashi's turret traverse is SO SLOW now, that if you built it properly (main battery mod 3) you get like....+68s turret traverse rate with Grease the Gears, it's so immensely slow. Good luck pushing in with a turret traverse THAT slow.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
1,872 posts
5 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I think what many BB captains completely fail to realise is that their position is what sets the position of both teams.  The position of the BB's affects where the cruisers can go, and it dictates the ability of the DD's to successfully contest the caps.  It also dictates the position of the enemy team as well. 

BB's have literally only two skills required to be successful - positioning and aiming.  The positioning aspect is the balance between being as aggressive as possible, with managing your health to survive to have impact on the late game.  The better a BB does this, the more successful they'll be, and the easier it will be for the rest of their team to be in the right spot to do their jobs.

For a DD, their ability to cap successfully depends to a large extent on the positioning of their team compared to the enemies.  If their team is too far back, the enemy team pushes up, and suddenly if they have an exchange between themselves and an enemy DD, they are almost guaranteed to come off worse, as they receive a barrage of incoming fire from the enemy team at 10km range or so, while their team is sitting 20km from the enemy DD and unable to put in effective fire at all.  Even a matter of a few kms difference here can have a huge effect - if the DD's team is sitting just 2km further back than they should be, that is the difference between them taking fire from multiple BB's and cruisers from 13km, compared to 17km for the enemy DD. 

This is how battles are won and lost, especially in the early game.  This is how a team loses most or all of their DD's early, leading to a quick and comprehensive snowball loss.  So much of the game comes down to BB positioning.

This, so much.

I recently had a game where we were 5 DDs per side, a single cruiser and 6 BBs. Immediately a BB driver on our team proceeded in chat "let the DDs fight it out, once they are done we can go" which is basically the recipe for a loss. Unsurprisingly, the BB driver in question did not see it that way and complained the entire game that the DDs were useless while he and the other BBs sat within a few grids behind islands farming meaningless damage while their BBs push up behind DDs.

So few BB and even cruiser players realize that a DD never wants to take a 1v1 against other DDs and needs big guns to back him up.

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

You mean a class that has not seen a duff for at least 3 months but is getting another on soon.

A class that all quit 3-4 years ago with the US cruiser split.

Then quit again 2 years ago with the CV redo.  And yet here they are with another problem.

WG could remove every ship but DD and they would still complain.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 3

[UBC]
Members
2,280 posts

WG created the meta don't blame the BB players for having to play that way. It's WG's fault in the way they are shaping the game. You play the game WG puts out as a DD so adapt or don't.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,197 posts
28,855 battles
4 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

I just did my highest damage game ever.

In a Thunderer....

Pushing our right flank....

Past lower c cap.

And I hit a gearing trying to get coy with me as well as a marcue...

[SHLMO]
Members
45 posts
659 battles

IF BB is average just play BB instead

IF CA is average just play CA instead

IF DD is average just play  DD instead

IF CV is average just play CV instead

IF players are average returns to REJECT HUMANITY

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,585 posts
30,508 battles

Cruiser Mains when the DD & BB Players keep going at it with each other:

dd0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Cruiser Mains when DDs & BB players start ranting about CVs again:

dd0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,553 posts
7 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I'm surprised many are engaging with the OP as the message is yet another poor one where someone says something negative about another ship type with no real substance.

The fact a pixel ship type in game can't cry, I would be interested in your thought of why the DD ship type is the biggest problem with the meta?  I find most ships are dependent on each other to do well in most circumstances and am always interested when someone believes a ship type is so bad for the game. :Smile_honoring:

[TMS]
Members
4,135 posts
42,836 battles
8 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

+1

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
312 posts
20,140 battles

Sorry not all but bbs are the trash of the game ,,, sit on ther asses enpugh ... its at the point id rather have a good cv player on my team. BBplay dishusting.