Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Seaman_Rookie

Kirov Missions for May 7th (From the ASIA server)

33 comments in this topic

[STW-A]
Members
305 posts

Kirov Missions as taken from the ASIA server (they just went up)

(1) Cause 750K Damage in any mode (Random, Ranked, Coop, Operations)

(2) Get 2,000 Ribbons in Random and Ranked ONLY

(3) Earn 8 million credits in any mode

(4) Earn 24,000 Base XP in any mode

(5) Get 65 "Hits to Citadel", "Destroyed" or "Caused Flooding" in Random and Ranked ONLY

Each step earns about 2 camos, with the final prize being the Tier 5 Kirov with a permanent camo and a 3 point captain.  You have 10 days to complete the missions.

Perhaps the missions will be different on the NA server tomorrow morning?

• Thanks 5

[WOLFG]
Members
16,771 posts
19,391 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Barring co-op players yet again I see.

And if you look at the announcement:

modes.JPG

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,711 battles
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

And if you look at the announcement:

modes.JPG

Yeah I know, but if the missions are to be believed, the wording could imply some parts but not all can be completed in co-op.

[WOLFG]
Members
16,771 posts
19,391 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Yeah I know, but if the missions are to be believed, the wording could imply some parts but not all can be completed in co-op.

Oh, I agree that this is WGspeak at full power again.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,711 battles
13 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Oh, I agree that this is WGspeak at full power again.

Ah, fair enough. Also, these objectives are a b*tch to do unless you got premium time, premium ships, some form of gunboat DD or CL and high tier stuff. I mean, I can get access to all this stuff and have pretty consistent performance and would still think twice.

Considering Kirov is pretty entry level I gotta wonder which newbie would be able to complete this in 10 days.

Dunno, I got this belief that low tier premiums should have relatively easy requirements to give new players a decent first taste of this type of content, maybe spur a buy.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,421 posts
17,182 battles
48 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Barring co-op players yet again I see.

They’ve got to keep the pattern going. Announce a mission that excludes co-op for one stage somewhere in the middle for no big practical reason, post an apology once the NA forum co-op annoyance starts with a promise to do better next time and allow co-op in all stages, and then 1-3 weeks later release the next mission and exclude co-op in one or more stages. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,428 battles

Well, good. Now I can ignore the mission for a crap ship I already have and don't play just to get a perma camo for it and some credits I don't need. 

• Cool 9

[RSWF]
Members
397 posts
5,902 battles
14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Ah, fair enough. Also, these objectives are a b*tch to do unless you got premium time, premium ships, some form of gunboat DD or CL and high tier stuff. I mean, I can get access to all this stuff and have pretty consistent performance and would still think twice.

Considering Kirov is pretty entry level I gotta wonder which newbie would be able to complete this in 10 days.

Dunno, I got this belief that low tier premiums should have relatively easy requirements to give new players a decent first taste of this type of content, maybe spur a buy.

Agreed.  It's a pretty ambitious mission chain for a new player, and probably the vast majority of players have her.  I had only been playing a few months when the Russian cruiser line split and I was able to get her (had hoped to get to the Moskva too but didn't come close).

I wonder what the compensation will be?  Probably a couple million credits since it was obtained by most when it was a tech tree ship?  Even as a guy that still struggles to have enough credits, I think this will be one of those mission chains that I mostly ignore.

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles

Welp..goodbye credits and perma camo.

Not gonna even bother given its not *finishable* in COOP.

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,711 battles
1 minute ago, Bomont said:

Agreed.  It's a pretty ambitious mission chain for a new player, and probably the vast majority of players have her.  I had only been playing a few months when the Russian cruiser line split and I was able to get her (had hoped to get to the Moskva too but didn't come close).

I wonder what the compensation will be?  Probably a couple million credits since it was obtained by most when it was a tech tree ship?  Even as a guy that still struggles to have enough credits, I think this will be one of those mission chains that I mostly ignore.

It's 6 million credits, 3 point commander, port slot, alternate permanent camo.

[RVNHQ]
Members
777 posts
16,185 battles

Honestly, sometimes you have to give it to WG in finding new scummy ways to annoy their player base.

Ten days regardless of game-mode should've been enough ( especially since one stage is 24k BXP ) to earn an okayish premium plus novelty camouflage.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,428 posts
29,049 battles

It might be worth it if you got doubloons for having Kirov in port. Nowhere does it say that so credits are assumed...

[KIVA]
Members
626 posts

What, they couldn't have just split the difference and disrespected their co-op players by giving us Mikoyan, the Kirov missing a third of everything that makes it mediocre, instead of locking us out at the second mission?

• Cool 2

[-BCO-]
Members
3,981 posts
10,310 battles
9 hours ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Kirov Missions as taken from the ASIA server (they just went up)

(1) Cause 750K Damage in any mode (Random, Ranked, Coop, Operations)

(2) Get 2,000 Ribbons in Random and Ranked ONLY

(3) Earn 8 million credits in any mode

(4) Earn 24,000 Base XP in any mode

(5) Get 65 "Hits to Citadel", "Destroyed" or "Caused Flooding" in Random and Ranked ONLY

Each step earns about 2 camos, with the final prize being the Tier 5 Kirov with a permanent camo and a 3 point captain.  You have 10 days to complete the missions.

Perhaps the missions will be different on the NA server tomorrow morning?

Yep. It is live on Eu now. And.... no. It is exactly the same mission.

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,428 battles
9 hours ago, Khafni said:

It might be worth it if you got doubloons for having Kirov in port. Nowhere does it say that so credits are assumed...

It's 6 Million credits. Was posted on EU somewhere by someone from WG and then posted here on NA by another person (@MidnightPhoenix07)

[LSNB]
Members
1,791 posts
7,443 battles

Is this a mistake? Try contacting support and see if WG made a typo or something. Some competent company...

• Haha 2

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
Just now, destawaits said:

Is this a mistake? Try contacting support and see if WG made a typo or something. Some competent company...

You assume a level of competence here? They knew what they where doing. They want to pull PVE players out if PVE.

Theyd have to give 10k doubloons a match to get me out of PVE. I was actually looking forward to that camo. But *shrug*

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
17,083 posts
38,428 battles
12 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Unlikely even if they say it is. This happens all the time.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
30,559 posts
28,102 battles

"This is the price you pay for choosing to be a co-op exclusive." That's the message they're sending.

Isn't she a coal ship? I can't tell any more, because I've had her since before she became a premium and she shows up in my Armory only as "Ship Obtained". If she IS a coal ship, that completely explains the absence of a doubloon refund - they don't want people swapping coal out to get doubloons. The same considerations applied to Anshan during the Lunar New Year event.

Also... if she's a coal ship then :etc_swear: these missions, co-op or Randoms; just get her for coal if you want her. Don't let the bling drive you to madness.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 5

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,424 posts
8,272 battles
12 hours ago, Wrath_Of_Deadguy said:

What, they couldn't have just split the difference and disrespected their co-op players by giving us Mikoyan, the Kirov missing a third of everything that makes it mediocre, instead of locking us out at the second mission?

If I remember right (I've slept since then so wouldn't swear on it), they already gave the Mikoyan back when they did the Rus cruiser line split. I have her so it must have been fully doable in coop.

[BEA5T]
Members
6,804 posts
34,337 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"This is the price you pay for choosing to be a co-op exclusive." That's the message they're sending.

Isn't she a coal ship? I can't tell any more, because I've had her since before she became a premium and she shows up in my Armory only as "Ship Obtained". If she IS a coal ship, that completely explains the absence of a doubloon refund - they don't want people swapping coal out to get doubloons. The same considerations applied to Anshan during the Lunar New Year event.

Also... if she's a coal ship then :etc_swear: these missions, co-op or Randoms; just get her for coal if you want her. Don't let the bling drive you to madness.

The price we pay for not......  Seriously?  It's true, but........is, one of the dumbest business decision in a game I have experienced.  People are very frustrated.  And yes, our host has to "get rid of PVE as soon as they can" because the COOP maintenance costs are eating into profit I would guess....   If they were smart, they'd come out and explain why..........and, add some incentive to the COOP mains to "give it up..."  Some would quit.  Many might stay...>!

Heck, the 2x7 mess is another tool they are using; because, if it was a bug, it would have been fixed already.....  Or, it will be fixed at the next update if enough players have quit or changed game play numbers.   They really want PVE gone.

The problem is that a good many of us aren't even interested in anything PVP......  Some right now are only playing Scenarios because of the 2x7.   And, they (out host) really can't afford to lose "all of the PVE players in one fell swoop..."  That would be financially damaging to them and would, well make a serious mess in other ways.  This entire situation is a Lose-Lose for our host; and, if they were honest about it, a good many would gladly leave or stay and it wouldn't be so messy........ 

Please, we don't need to reminded that "dis#(%%*&#ation and X" are real........  We play games to avoid stress.

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
30,559 posts
28,102 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

And yes, our host has to "get rid of PVE as soon as they can" because the COOP maintenance costs are eating into profit I would guess.

2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

They really want PVE gone.

Really? After giving us a PvE roadmap through every campaign since Halsey came out and then going back and altering the Yamamoto campaign to give us one in that too? After making EVERY DAMN TASK in Five Epochs Co-op doable? After going well out of their way to find a solution for the early-finish problem that routinely left multiple healthy bot ships on the board? After doing ALL THAT, you want me to believe they're trashing co-op?

Sorry, no. The evidence doesn't fit your hypothesis.

As for the two-and-seven problem, I'm going to sit tight on that one - because if there's one thing I've learned in this game, it's that quick fixes can go horribly wrong if they're not carefully debugged. Until then, I'll play just a bit more cautiously in some of my more fragile ships and remind myself that it's fewer competent players to share the available XP with.

The show's not over until the servers go down, but the more you trumpet the end of the world, the higher the likelihood you'll drive new players off and make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 3