You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sea_Jotun

RB Ship or Unique upgrade?

10 comments in this topic

[_TLC_]
Members
148 posts
23,262 battles

So regrinding the Tech Tree lines, I'm at a small dilemma. Should I contine grinding for Ohio, or pick up the UU for Yamato, Gearing or Des Moines

I have enough RP to get one of the UU or a little more grinding to get Ohio. My fear is that with the removal of the "US Fast BB secondary ships" Ohio is on the horizion for that fate.

Any advice on this matter is appreciated

Members
808 posts
20 minutes ago, Sea_Jotun said:

So regrinding the Tech Tree lines, I'm at a small dilemma. Should I contine grinding for Ohio, or pick up the UU for Yamato, Gearing or Des Moines

I have enough RP to get one of the UU or a little more grinding to get Ohio. My fear is that with the removal of the "US Fast BB secondary ships" Ohio is on the horizion for that fate.

The UU for Yamato is nice. You'll want it after they remove the Deadeye skill. It basically gives you the same perk as Deadeye. 

Members
402 posts
11,421 battles

The yammy UU is very strong in all game modes.  The DM UU is a good side-grade.  I use it and think it's a lot of fun.  Others prefer range or reload.  Gearing's UU is the worst of the three you listed, turning it into a torp boat... but if you wanted to play a torp boat, why not play an actual torp boat?  I'd pass. 

I don't have Ohio, but people seem to like it.  I don't know, in your shoes I suppose I'd go for the yammy or DM UU, but if you really like BBs then go for Ohio.  All are good choices. 

Just don't get the Gearing UU.

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
1 hour ago, Sea_Jotun said:

OH.  Take a ship over upgrade anytime.

DM upgrade is meh.

OH is great.  Another ship for Snow flake event.

[SEAKT]
Members
249 posts
13,915 battles

I have the UU for Des Moines. It’s really helps, especially with the propulsion upgrade. It might be the best UU in the game. 

[-NACL]
Members
1,033 posts
25,030 battles
11 minutes ago, USSCurtis said:

I have the UU for Des Moines. It’s really helps, especially with the propulsion upgrade. It might be the best UU in the game. 

It used to be so much better before they nerfed it.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles

Ship before UU. You've already got your heart set on her; get her.

Worst case scenario is that you grab the UU, the UU is subsequently nerfed, and the ship is pulled before you can earn back the research points. If you have the Ohio in port, it's yours; the UU can wait.

[B_Y_F]
Members
851 posts
19,156 battles

I'd pick up ship first. It's an new experience. And you can feel the difference in the first game. 

Before you pick up an UU, ask yourself do you play those ship often enough to justify getting it. Because no matter how strong it is, those differences will only be noticed if you play both with and without it enough times.

[-NACL]
Members
1,033 posts
25,030 battles

Food for thought:

I have the UU for several of my ships. I got these back in the day when you got a mission to complete them.

However when it comes to UU's now, I wouldn't bother with them anymore. They really don't make enough difference to re-grind an entire line, unless you just want to.

I'd rather get a Research Ship for the amount of effort required.

[RLGN]
Members
18,934 posts
34,471 battles
3 hours ago, Ceesa said:

Gearing's UU is the worst of the three you listed, turning it into a torp boat... but if you wanted to play a torp boat, why not play an actual torp boat?  I'd pass.

Think I got Gearing’s UU through the old mission chain, but I don’t use it.

Basically play it as a torp boat anyway.

Most of the time shooting is just begging to be sent back to port anyway.