You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

This AFK attitude...

42 comments in this topic

[JEDI-]
Members
2,826 posts
10,338 battles

At the start of the match, one of the DD refuses to play because of the FDR in the game leaving us a ship down.

Here's the replay: 

20210505_201117_PBSD110-Daring_52_Britain.wowsreplay

I'm pretty sick of this attitude, leaving teams down players in a game where numbers of guns are everything.

WG needs to stamp down on behavior like this.

Edit: We managed to win the match but still, this shouldn't be happening. 

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[_AFW_]
[_AFW_]
Members
436 posts
6,956 battles

Get rid of the cause of the DD fear. P2W CV ships that have delete DD planes loadouts

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[JEDI-]
Members
2,826 posts
10,338 battles
5 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

Get rid of the cause of the DD fear. P2W CV ships that have delete DD planes loadouts

There was two DD. I was one of them. I was facing the FDR in a DD as well and we won without him.

The point is, no one should just leave their team a ship down because they don't like the enemy team composition.

Lots of games come down to a couple of ships left, each ship counts. Had that happened with us we would have lost. Thankfully the lack of one DD didn't leave us high and dry.

People doing this should be banned. Especially when it's literally what they say they are going to AFK and do.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Members
1,872 posts
33 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I'm pretty sick of this attitude, leaving teams down players in a game where numbers of guns are everything.

I can sympathize, I hate that attitude as well. It is unfair towards your team and basically just vents your frustration on your team members.

Then again, I see things like this not only as an isolated phenomenon, but as a symptom of what is wrong with the game. I have seen people quit or ragequit due to ecxessive HE spam, CVs and getting dumped by them, as well as horrible dispersion or random citadels/dev strikes. So maybe on a company level WG could take in this feedback, while we as players work on our behavior as well.

• Cool 5

[JEDI-]
Members
2,826 posts
10,338 battles
1 minute ago, shinytrashcan said:

I can sympathize, I hate that attitude as well. It is unfair towards your team and basically just vents your frustration on your team members.

Then again, I see things like this not only as an isolated phenomenon, but as a symptom of what is wrong with the game. I have seen people quit or ragequit due to ecxessive HE spam, CVs and getting dumped by them, as well as horrible dispersion or random citadels/dev strikes. So maybe on a company level WG could take in this feedback, while we as players work on our behavior as well.

Honestly, I've only seen this behavior get worse and more frequent after the reborking. I just wish WG would start actively showing the players that things like this will not be allowed. But they refuse to say if they take any action at all which leads many to believe that nothing happens no matter how bad it gets.

WG needs to be more transparent.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
4,125 posts
9,114 battles
4 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

WG as a rule likes mechanics that let players feel powerless about stuff that's getting done to them, or rather they are either too lazy to do better or don't know how to design better ones that get past that. From the various forms of doing damage between classes to the vision system itself, lots of game interactions have that end effect. You see it in WoT too. It's probably at least in part hand in hand with their pain-monetization, where they want you to get frustrated and spend more money (or be more likely to spend money). For a PVP game it's not very good design in the long run, it gives the game a bad reputation among players and slowly makes people avoid it more and more.

• Cool 3

[OPG4]
Members
1,200 posts
2,840 battles
36 minutes ago, EasternSun said:

FDR is quite bad at dealing with DDs, given the no fighters for its rocket planes, long strike reset time, slow speed

• Cool 2

[-HUGS]
Members
871 posts
12,475 battles

Actually... Wargaming is about to change the way rocket planes interact with destroyers. You'll get more time to manoeuvre/dodge, and it will be easier too since you are going to see the "attack area" during the preparation phase. It may or may not be sufficient to please the player base; there seems to be a significant portion that just don't know how to interact with CVs at all, and will instantly blame it on the mechanics. I fail to see how Wargaming could change anything to make them happy.

Back on the behavior.... I am getting back from a game where something similar happened; an enemy DD decided during the game that his team wasn't playing good enough, and went straight to a corner of the map (according to one of his teammate). That type of behavior (refusing to play) is definitely not something induced exclusively by the presence of CVs.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,826 posts
10,338 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_Argamas said:

Back on the behavior.... I am getting back from a game where something similar happened; an enemy DD decided during the game that his team wasn't playing good enough, and went straight to a corner of the map (according to one of his teammate). That type of behavior (refusing to play) is definitely not something induced exclusively by the presence of CVs

Agreed. It just made the behavior more frequent.

I wish they would just make an announcement that people AFKing on purpose will lose access to their account. If they can see it in chat that they are screwing their team over on purpose a nice ban would be justified.

Reporting seems to do nothing. Reporting this on a oujia board would probably yield better results.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
6,666 posts

I'm sure the poor Warspite left alone by his team at the end felt powerless to do anything about me in Furious.   Sure, I just kept making alternating passes, fire bombs and torpedoes, and keeping his DC off cooldown.   I think I did 25K flood/fire damage along with another 40 direct fire/torp damage.    Sounds pretty bad, doesn't it? But...

I didn't get to do that till about 14 minutes in, when it was just 1 CV on each team, my team had a Warspite half health, and a half-health Gallant, the other had a Jaguar on a sliver (and no, I didn't make him that way directly, but I did spot him some before this...) and a full-health Warspite.    It was basically more or less even odds, except that we had a cap/point advantage, and the other CV driver decided to go after me while I went after his teammates.   

Once I slapped the DD that only had a sliver left,  who the hell was I going to attack?  A big clumsy BB with a long-cooldown fighter, and no help, or a CV with good AA and a good fighter?  No brainer.  The Warspite got attacked that way because he was all that was left, full health.  

This was a full 17 or 18 minute match decided by points in the end.

Edited by Kesh_Lives
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Reporting seems to do nothing.

Based on what?

Have you seen the same player in more than 1 battle going AFK?

Did you report the player? Or did you let them get a free pass because of your Oujia board belief?

• Meh 2

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

There has been times I dont feel like taking on carriers. And times when I have a AA defense mission and seek out mission with carriers.

I was in and out of queues until I found a carrier match and played it properly to complete it. Likewise I dont enter waiting for matches with CV's waiting unless its a Op.

That way I can just play and not worry about it. Even if MM jammed a carrier into my game in coop etc I'll play it. Just differently. Not AFK though.

Ranked is the biggest liability in AFK. Once detected in original spawn by red team and not protected by teammates its sunk. Free points and wins the game for red.

I do not like the airdefense missions though. I play differently to make sure I get the 100 kills.

Edited by xHeavy

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,001 posts
32,441 battles

Here is the problem with the thought process in some of these comments. Yes, FDR or CVs can be horrible to play against but those arent the only things people dont like in game. If this attitude started applying to overmatch, radar, or fire you're going to have players of all classes doing the same. 

At some point people have accept what the game is. If it sucks and you cant handle it, leave. None of these things are going away. I like CVs but I understand the frustration with them, especially FDR. However, subs are obviously going to be here soon. It wont be the last major change. Ships like FDR, Smolensk, and Thunderer are going to be added to the game. 

It wont change. If you cant find a way to deal with your feelings move to coop or go play another game. I'd hate to lose players but at some point we have to accept that the game is going to be what the devs want and not what each individual or even the majority want.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,826 posts
10,338 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Based on what?

Did you report the player? Or did you let them get a free pass because of your Oujia board belief?

If you watch the replay not only did I report him but I implored my team and the enemy team to do so as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
12 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

At the start of the match, one of the DD refuses to play because of the FDR in the game leaving us a ship down.

10 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

If you watch the replay not only did I report him but I implored my team and the enemy team to do so as well.

I had a battle in which the enemy Kremlin deliberately fragged his own side's CV partway through because the CV driver wasn't playing in a way the Kremlin driver approved of. People from both sides reported him, and IIRC the Reds (who went on to lose) were not unhappy to see the Kremlin get his comeuppance.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
11 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

On phone...I'd need a you tube format to watch it.

Please....please please please please please...tell me you waited until the reds discovered the AFK DD themselves instead of giving them that info yourself (not referring to giving them the exact position...just informing them there is 1 already gives them a general idea of the position...aka spawn area...

I will give a report to a person that informs the reds ("please report our ___<---insert ship type...for being AFK") about that before the ship has been spotted 1st before I'll report the AFK...no matter which team.

Just as a reminder folks (not directed at you OP as I haven't seen the replay to know if you did that...just a general comment) giving out team data to the reds is against the rules...wait until reds discover the AFK for themselves to ask them to report it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,854 posts
18,002 battles
12 hours ago, EasternSun said:

Get rid of the cause of the DD fear.

It’s not the fear that is the problem . It is the deep flaws in character and the “oh-so-fragile-tender-snowflake-me-that-I-am” attitude that leads to such childish gutlessness that is the problem.

It’s a frikking war game. Weeping Tender Tammys need not apply.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
12 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Reporting seems to do nothing.

I disagree... Throwing the game on purpose is against the TOS/EULA agreements.. Itcan be reported  in game and to CS...

THE CATCH.

The bar of convicting someone of throwing the game is quite HIGH. You need all your evidence before hand in AND the actions in game must meet certain criteria to level down sanctions.

WG has punished people for this violation... Because of the "Privacy" clause, its not known to the public (only in rare cases in where the player, waived his contract right to privacy and starts singing like a bird). What sanctions were dealt.

[PVE]
Members
10,587 posts
31,028 battles
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

...It can be reported  in game and to CS...

Please don't encourage the latter...the "AFK" report is a there for a reason & ALL AFK reports are looked into already...

Reporting to CS is a waste of not only your time but CS's time as they are going to look into it already & don't need the redundancies in reporting the same incident twice in 2 different formats...the format they already have is sufficient enough & they will just disregard the CS report anyway & send you an automated vanilla reply to it.

They don't need your screenshots of the player admitting it...that will all be there when they look into it as soon as it comes up in their queue after you hit the AFK report in battle.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
17 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Please don't encourage the latter...the "AFK" report is a there for a reason & ALL AFK reports are looked into already... 

Reporting to CS is a waste of not only your time but CS's time as they are going to look into it already & don't need the redundancies in reporting the same incident twice in 2 different formats...the format they already have is sufficient enough & they will just disregard the CS report anyway & send you an automated vanilla reply to it.

They don't need your screenshots of the player admitting it...that will all be there when they look into it as soon as it comes up in their queue after you hit the AFK report in battle.

Contrary to what you stated... I disagree...

[JEDI-]
Members
2,826 posts
10,338 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

On phone...I'd need a you tube format to watch it.

Please....please please please please please...tell me you waited until the reds discovered the AFK DD themselves instead of giving them that info yourself (not referring to giving them the exact position...just informing them there is 1 already gives them a general idea of the position...aka spawn area...

I will give a report to a person that informs the reds ("please report our ___<---insert ship type...for being AFK") about that before the ship has been spotted 1st before I'll report the AFK...no matter which team.

Just as a reminder folks (not directed at you OP as I haven't seen the replay to know if you did that...just a general comment) giving out team data to the reds is against the rules...wait until reds discover the AFK for themselves to ask them to report it.

I don't know what the enemy saw, it looked like he flew right by it but to be honest i wasn't paying as much attention to the afk guy. After watching again i still don't know if the enemy CV saw it or not, its not like he said.

But to be honest i didn't even think of that, in that regard either. I have to admit i was pretty annoyed and it looked like their CV flew by but like i said i wouldn't know without asking them and i didn't.

But to be fair I'm not going to lose sleep over that. If i get in trouble for that and they don't punish the AFK guy it would just be one more nail in this games coffin for me to be frankly honest. Probably the last one.

There's only so much frustration this game is worth, and if we have people thowing matches regularly, TKing each other regularly and just being general toxic jerks then yeah it would be the last straw. I have so many fun games to play, i don't need one that is becoming a constant source of frustration.

Edit: For as long as I've been playing I've seen people call out the AFK on both teams on a regular basis in random and ranked and no one has mentioned anything about THAT being against the rules. Calling out where they are is, but as far as i know and have seen calling out the AFK is common practice.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Thanks 1

[NEMO]
Members
173 posts
15,998 battles
11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Based on what?

Happens all the time. There is a CV player who has been seen by many here, who just dives straight in to be deleted. Game after game. He has been reported by numerous players and still shows up. I assume he must be a WG employee since WG will do nothing about him.

This type of behavior just makes the rest of us kind of give up during those episodes.

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
14 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Here's the replay: 

20210505_201117_PBSD110-Daring_52_Britain.wowsreplay

Edit: We managed to win the match but still, this shouldn't be happening. 

I was in a rank battle.  FDR is there. Half team charges because FDR.

The carrier derangement syndrome is insane.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,826 posts
10,338 battles
4 minutes ago, ruggus99 said:

Happens all the time. There is a CV player who has been seen by many here, who just dives straight in to be deleted. Game after game. He has been reported by numerous players and still shows up. I assume he must be a WG employee since WG will do nothing about him.

This type of behavior just makes the rest of us kind of give up during those episodes.

Aye, I saw the thread before it was "fixed" so I know who you mean.