You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pebcac

KOTS - Who Got Poltava?

11 comments in this topic

Members
229 posts
71 battles

Hi All,

I've seen a few threads around, and some older threads from last year.

E.g.

I can't help myself but wonder if WG had a short list on these (Kots) same as the Christmas Gift boxes.  Of course, the sample size of 1 makes this very hard to prove or disprove.

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,712 battles

Don't think there's a shortlist as the list of potential drops is already small. From the wiki:

"One of the following Tier VII ships: Ashitaka, Duke of York, Hood, Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Boise, Abruzzi, Indianapolis, Nueve de Julio, Lazo, Haida, Blyskawica, Sims, Z-39, Leningrad, California, Poltava, Nelson, Yudachi, or Gorizia "

This doesn't mean that ship drop chances are different. I could hazard a guess that Nelson, Scharnhorst, Haida won't be common drops as they are the strongest/most valuable in the list.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,559 posts

We all know the main goal for WG is to make money so, as the  Christmas Gift boxes proved, the tactics WG use is rarely upfront and what many may consider 'fair'. Therefore, when WG states 'You could win this list of goodies!' - just add 'However, the likelihood of winning the items most would really like, has an incredibly low chance.'

Nowadays even items that could be considered a good return are not guaranteed.

That's why it's become the mantra with most players: 'When it comes to anything WG offers with a % chance attached - look at the crappiest item and make your purchase if you're happy to receive that item:Smile_great:- because that is the likeliest outcome.' :Smile_honoring:

• Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,712 battles
13 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

We all know the main goal for WG is to make money so, as the  Christmas Gift boxes proved, the tactics WG use is rarely upfront and what many may consider 'fair'. Therefore, when WG states 'You could win this list of goodies!' - just add 'However, the likelihood of winning the items most would really like, has an incredibly low chance.'

Nowadays even items that could be considered a good return are not guaranteed.

That's why it's become the mantra with most players: 'When it comes to anything WG offers with a % chance attached - look at the crappiest item and make your purchase if you're happy to receive that item:Smile_great:- because that is the likeliest outcome.' :Smile_honoring:

In the case of the KoTS collection considering it is done completely free (albeit quite lengthy), the "blow" of getting a crappy ship is somewhat softened. Based on the list for these containers there's nothing offensively bad, maybe Yudachi.

From what I know Poltava is just indifferent.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[TCCN]
Members
232 posts
16,705 battles

Mine dropped an Atlanta which I already had. 9000 dubs a port slot and a 10 point captain, I'll take it.

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,001 posts
32,445 battles

I have all the Tier 7 premiums and pulled my KoTS reward container the week the tournament started. Being that I have all the ships, if this was a Christmas container, I would have pulled the most minimum value ship. A destroyer would have probably been the default in that case. Instead I pulled Indianapolis for 7,500 dubloons in exchange. 

[D-DAY]
Members
7,559 posts
22 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

In the case of the KoTS collection considering it is done completely free (albeit quite lengthy), the "blow" of getting a crappy ship is somewhat softened. Based on the list for these containers there's nothing offensively bad, maybe Yudachi.

From what I know Poltava is just indifferent.

Yet with the KoTS crate there will be ships that some will think 'meh!' and some they will think 'yes please!'.

All I am saying is that the % rate for a 'yes please!' is very unlikely to match that of a meh, or in the words of Michael Scott a 'No God, Please No!', ship. :Smile_teethhappy: That is when, lamenting their bad fortune, they will see that small minority that had good fortune - and think 'I'm a good person, I deserve luck like that!'

And then some will spend money to get the ship they hoped for.

WG play the game very well, that's why they haven't had to invest in maps, scenarios, Operations - we the players keep spending, so why should they?

Appreciate your reply/thoughts. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,712 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

WG play the game very well, that's why they haven't had to invest in maps, scenarios, Operations - we the players keep spending, so why should they?

Appreciate your thoughts. :Smile_honoring:

My thoughts are that WG released a new Waterline video and not a single word was spoken about any new maps, so yeah. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
665 posts
17,034 battles

Got 9200 dubs for Ashitaka since I already had them all.

[LSNB]
Members
308 posts
9,979 battles

Got stuck with a Poltava, feelsbadman. 

Tried it in a co-op, and the accuracy is just... No. 

Edited by dagger1013

[ARGSY]
Members
30,570 posts
28,115 battles
3 hours ago, triley70 said:

Mine dropped an Atlanta which I already had. 9000 dubs a port slot and a 10 point captain, I'll take it.

Out of interest, did you already have ALL of the other potential drops?