SteffisCute

Wedding DRESS not wedding PANTS!!!!!

25 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
531 posts

So for those who may not know, Bekah is kinda a tomboy. She has that whole skater chick fashion thing. Jeans, t shirts, flannel , backwards baseball cap etc etc etc

I am NOT I am 100% frilly expensive high maintenance female!

So I start just browsing wedding dresses even though its gonna be a year at least before the wedding so this is all early stages "getting ideas" planning.

Bekah is all "See if they have any like white wedding pantsuits"

and I am all "hahahaha funny joke Bekah, now check these dresses out"

"I am serious Steffi, you know I don't do the dress thing."

This could have gone one of two ways:

1. I attack Bekah, beat her senseless, and apply the triangle choke until she agrees to what i say

OR

2. I calmly discuss the situation.

So i combined the two. I said

"Bekah before I beat you to a pulp and make you tap out let us calmly discuss WHY YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU WILL WEAR A DRESS"

See here is the thing: Bekah considers herself a lesbian. I do not identify as one. I fell in love with her DESPITE her being female not BECAUSE of it. I don't like labels and I will not assign one to myself or anyone else. I believe labeling ourselves just further divides us as a people, as it calls attention to our differences NOT our commonality. 

anyway, back to the pants thing.

I tell her I am marrying her, not Hillary Clinton and I don't like pansuits. I told her I was compromising by NOT getting married in a miniskirt (ok i lied but i was trying to make a point)

But she must be growing a spine because she held her ground.

ugh.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST DO WHAT I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I said "ok fine BUT it has to be a top of the line designer outfit and not something that cost less than 3 grand...and NO RAINBOWS!"

so we reached an agreement and no one got put in the triangle choke. 

wait till she hears our first dance song muahahahah

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,193 battles

Marriage is compromise after all, or I think it is, I never tried it.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,426 posts
12,684 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Marriage is compromise after all, or I think it is, I never tried it.

Yes it is I did try I did fail . I did have 7 kids though so I did something right ! 

Just remember nothing changes because your getting married she's not changing and your not changing so make sure you get along with each other . 

Make sure you can live with all her faults your not changing her . Good luck keep the updates coming sick of the CV whining Thunderer whining Op ship threads this is great .

[WPORT]
Members
9,902 posts
14,401 battles

Tuxedo is several notches above a "pants suit" and is actual "formal wear".
Here is one made with white fabric and accessories.

image_2021-05-04_202738.thumb.png.9efddb7afd2d88b7e869078a9825800c.png

Found it via an image search which led to this article.
https://www.friartux.com/blog/post/9-ways-to-style-a-womens-tuxedo

In the past you & I have disagreed on other topics.
For reasons I'm at a loss to explain, I decided to comment on this topic.
Hope it is good food for thought, even if you decide not to use the idea(s).

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,902 posts
14,401 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yes it is I did try I did fail . I did have 7 kids though so I did something right ! 

Just remember nothing changes because your getting married she's not changing and your not changing so make sure you get along with each other . 

Make sure you can live with all her faults your not changing her . Good luck keep the updates coming sick of the CV whining Thunderer whining Op ship threads this is great .

I have a similar sentiment:  "Be sure you're 100% compatible before getting married.  It is a lifetime commitment."

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,462 posts
17,555 battles

I fink @Wolfswetpaws nail your situation ...

the looks are awesome right there (both classy and tommy).

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,628 battles
1 hour ago, SteffisCute said:

So for those who may not know, Bekah is kinda a tomboy. She has that whole skater chick fashion thing. Jeans, t shirts, flannel , backwards baseball cap etc etc etc

I am NOT I am 100% frilly expensive high maintenance female!

So I start just browsing wedding dresses even though its gonna be a year at least before the wedding so this is all early stages "getting ideas" planning.

Bekah is all "See if they have any like white wedding pantsuits"

and I am all "hahahaha funny joke Bekah, now check these dresses out"

"I am serious Steffi, you know I don't do the dress thing."

This could have gone one of two ways:

1. I attack Bekah, beat her senseless, and apply the triangle choke until she agrees to what i say

OR

2. I calmly discuss the situation.

So i combined the two. I said

"Bekah before I beat you to a pulp and make you tap out let us calmly discuss WHY YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU WILL WEAR A DRESS"

See here is the thing: Bekah considers herself a lesbian. I do not identify as one. I fell in love with her DESPITE her being female not BECAUSE of it. I don't like labels and I will not assign one to myself or anyone else. I believe labeling ourselves just further divides us as a people, as it calls attention to our differences NOT our commonality. 

anyway, back to the pants thing.

I tell her I am marrying her, not Hillary Clinton and I don't like pansuits. I told her I was compromising by NOT getting married in a miniskirt (ok i lied but i was trying to make a point)

But she must be growing a spine because she held her ground.

ugh.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST DO WHAT I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I said "ok fine BUT it has to be a top of the line designer outfit and not something that cost less than 3 grand...and NO RAINBOWS!"

so we reached an agreement and no one got put in the triangle choke. 

wait till she hears our first dance song muahahahah

Shouldn't that be the last song so instead of waiting until after the reception you can go back to your room right afterwards?

[TAZ]
Members
919 posts
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That is a GOOD look!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,902 posts
14,401 battles
43 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I fink @Wolfswetpaws nail your situation ...

the looks are awesome right there (both classy and tommy).

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

That is a GOOD look!!!!!!

Thanks.

I guess watching episodes of the television show "What Not To Wear" has actually paid off, eh?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393009/

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,239 posts

let her wear pants under the dress, win win?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,260 posts
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I guess watching episodes of the television show "What Not To Wear" has actually paid off, eh?

When I was studying philosophy, I accepted a job as an apartment maintenance and night manager because it provided a free apartment with the deal. I didn't even have to look for the job. The owner saw me moving my tools into my apartment and gave it to me on the spot.

Now, my adage where work clothes are concerned is "wear 'em until you wear 'em out, then patch 'em and wear 'em some more." One morning before class I was out cleaning up around the dumpsters so that the city trash guy wouldn't have to do it when I heard some kids talking to each other. One said "You ask him," another said "NO, you ask him!" Finally, one of them walked up to me and said "Hey, Mr. Man, are you homeless?" I decided about then that it might be time to think about buying a new work jacket.

As far as wedding dresses go, I think that they are a big waste of money. Conversely, a nice pantsuit can be used at other formal occasions. If you feel like you need a wedding dress then rent one. Otherwise, you are just going to have an overpriced space-waster hanging in the closet for years to come. I've been cleaning out my parents' house so that we can have an estate sale. I've probably found ten thousand dollars of old wedding dresses that were the grandmas', great-grandmas', aunt's, my mother's, and my sister's stuffed in closets. My sister didn't want hers at first because it was from three marriages ago but I finally got her to take it, the rest were donated to a local church.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,260 posts
4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I have a similar sentiment:  "Be sure you're 100% compatible before getting married.  It is a lifetime commitment."

I'm the only one among my siblings and cousins who hasn't been divorced at least once and that's probably only because I've never been married. My sister has been married four times but still doesn't hold the record -- I had a great-aunt who had been married eight times!

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,317 posts
4,773 battles

Let me get this straight.  You want to go all froo-froo girly, and you want Bekah also to go all froo-froo girly? 

Will there be room at the altar rail, or in the aisle (or at the JoP's office, Heaven forfend), or in the getaway car for all the froof? 

And how many bleeping bridesmaids will be required to get both of you and your trains to the church on time?

[TWFT]
Members
1,503 posts
41,352 battles

Married for 30 years.

I wear the pants in the family.......when she lets me.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
12,664 posts
11,770 battles
2 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Married for 30 years.

I wear the pants in the family.......when she lets me.

20 today.

And no truer words have been spoken.

[WOLF3]
Members
531 posts
13 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

ok THAT is gorgeous. Ok, this is totally acceptable! 

[WOLF3]
Members
531 posts
6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Let me get this straight.  You want to go all froo-froo girly, and you want Bekah also to go all froo-froo girly? 

Will there be room at the altar rail, or in the aisle (or at the JoP's office, Heaven forfend), or in the getaway car for all the froof? 

And how many bleeping bridesmaids will be required to get both of you and your trains to the church on time?

No bridesmaids. I really don't have any friends and her family kinda disowned her so we pretty much just have each other...well I mean I have my Dad and my dog but she literally has no one but me.

She has a cousin. who plays Rocket League with us but he is in Indiana and he is only 16 and I doubt he will be able to come.

[O_S_D]
Members
235 posts
19,414 battles

To me wedding dresses are just another thing to drive up the cost of a wedding.  It is worn once and never again (hopefully just once).  What about a nice evening gown?  Or even complimentary gowns of different colors.  I think that would be really classy.  An an evening gown can be worn again if you have a need to wear a gown.

As far as she doesn't do the dress thing.... she is getting married.  You really should dress up if you can.  For yourself and your partner.  A wedding is a big deal.  Heck, I even wore a suit to my wedding and I hate wearing suits.  

Good luck.

[WPORT]
Members
9,902 posts
14,401 battles
10 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

ok THAT is gorgeous. Ok, this is totally acceptable! 

Cool.  "Cheers".
image_2021-05-05_211133.thumb.png.b86597906c093adf6777e3bca2512360.png

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,260 posts
4 hours ago, Zeus_cat said:

To me wedding dresses are just another thing to drive up the cost of a wedding.

I once saw a documentary on Japanese weddings, which could cost up to $50,000 or more. It was noted that a lot of young women were just not getting married so as to not incur to have their parents incur such a large debt.

And I know that diamonds are considered "romantic" but they are also a scam perpetuated by the De Beers company which essentially holds a world monopoly on gem diamond production.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
12,664 posts
11,770 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

And I know that diamonds are considered "romantic" but they are also a scam perpetuated by the De Beers company which essentially holds a world monopoly on gem diamond production.

Microsoft runs the same "scam"

So does a certain gaming company.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,260 posts
18 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Well, I purchased a retail version of Windows 98 for about $100 and have upgraded and installed it on my computer builds for nearly twenty years now for very little additional cost. It's now Windows 10. I think I've gotten my money's worth. WoWs, I play for free.

[MR-1]
Members
1,985 posts
23,211 battles
On 5/5/2021 at 7:42 PM, DrHolmes52 said:

not to  mention  any one particular @DrHolmes52 lol

[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,970 battles

As a girl, who self identifies as a girl of the Female gender of the two genders of hh8umans I think I'll wear a dress when I get married