You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ghost_90

WG Please help the Ships who are at -2 tiers in random battles.

26 comments in this topic

[JR]
Members
98 posts
43,136 battles

I am currently grinding the V. Vento and the North Carolina and I was low tier in the battles today. I know the numbers are too small to change to +- 1. So how about giving a boost to the -2 ships? I think dispersion and range would be a good starting point.  It is so discouraging that I am ready to quit. Please do something to make the -2 tier ships completive in random battles.  

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles

Those same buffs to Tier VIII BBs will make them an even larger nightmare to deal with for the Tier VI-VII mid tier ships to deal with.

Members
982 posts
20,675 battles

But... they are? I really don’t think you want to give my Akizuki or Takao a range and dispersion boost when facing Tier X? Even the NC is very competitive when sneaking around and not broadside to anything.

I mean, the Veneto isn’t competitive versus tier 6’s, let alone 10’s - that’s a individual balance problem not a systemic game problem.

Also, bottom tiers do get an XP bonus already. You might be a little less effective in battle, but the game rewards you more for what you accomplish.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,266 posts
15,332 battles

You get used to it after a while and it helps make you a better player . In all of life playing with older kids in little league or college it makes you a better player . Better competition better player in the long run . Just hang in there !!!!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,920 posts
15,596 battles
31 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Bottom tier ships do get a boost.  All the higher tier targets yield much better XP and credits when you shoot them.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

This, and it is really only the stock hull and guns if there is an upgrade that struggle.

[JR]
Members
98 posts
43,136 battles
27 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Bottom tier ships do get a boost.  All the higher tier targets yield much better XP and credits when you shoot them.

What good is the boost if you can't get in range or hit you targets because of dispersion? 

32 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

But... they are? I really don’t think you want to give my Akizuki or Takao a range and dispersion boost when facing Tier X?

I don't think they need to become OP but they should get at least a buff to get them to t9 status.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,797 posts
7,603 battles
52 minutes ago, Ghost_90 said:

I am currently grinding the V. Vento and the North Carolina and I was low tier in the battles today. I know the numbers are too small to change to +- 1. So how about giving a boost to the -2 ships? I think dispersion and range would be a good starting point.  It is so discouraging that I am ready to quit. Please do something to make the -2 tier ships completive in random battles.  

Not true, there are more than enough players, the reason WG won't do it, in their own words:  "Variety".   Basically they say they keep MM at 2 so there are more ships you could run into, they care nothing for the quality of the gameplay, just that you see more ships.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

Bottom tier ships are perfectly competitive, you just can’t YOLO your way to victory. Giving them some arbitrary bonus is a terrible idea. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,168 posts
10,777 battles
1 hour ago, Ghost_90 said:

Please do something to make the -2 tier ships completive in random battles.  

-2 ships are competitive. Especially NC, she uptiers really well, actually.

You just have to play a bit more conservatively.

• Funny 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,931 posts
18,888 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

Cruiser player at T8-

Yes, they want you to take an anemic crack at them with your T8 so you can get detected and get romped in return. WG's position is, ' "you there, please take shot now, so that return will be crushing to you and please mightily our beloved T10 player. Plus, we give you a little extra credit (actually a bean counter we met came up with the idea of giving you some of the T10 player's credits). So no change for us, cash flow wise. Tidy, and is also true. One day, when you grow up more in the ship department, you will be one of them too, so go, go now, and shoot at them now. Thanks...

Edited by Ericson38
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,666 posts

Once again proving that some players love to rise to challenges, and others love to whine about them existing.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
27,924 posts
40,347 battles
4 hours ago, Ghost_90 said:

For god sakes, you have 31k+ battles in this game and you still can't figure out how to successfully play when down 2 tiers?  Jeez, do you play nothing but coop?  (Not really a dig on coop players, but the reality is that coop is easy mode compared to randoms.)

[WOLF1]
Members
6,666 posts
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For god sakes, you have 31k+ battles in this game and you still can't figure out how to successfully play when down 2 tiers?  Jeez, do you play nothing but coop?  (Not really a dig on coop players, but the reality is that coop is easy mode compared to randoms.)

But, even in Co-Op, you don't go head-to-head with a QE when you're in a Karlsruhe...still have to think a little.

Edited by Kesh_Lives

[WPORT]
Members
19,367 posts
21,809 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Co-op is "different", but isn't necessarily "easy".
A well played Co-op game is a feeding frenzy to sink 'bots and the match is over in about ten minutes or less.

1-vs.-1 Battles are the best, in my opinion.

[KAG2]
Members
2,402 posts
39,054 battles
7 hours ago, Ghost_90 said:

Regardless of the XP boost, how conservative you play, etc. -2 is not a good thing nor is boosting ship parameters that are MM based. +1 MM is the answer but will likely never be seen.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
1,018 posts
15,632 battles

How about captain skill: +0.1 sigma when firing at ships of higher tier, -0.1 sigma when firing at ships of lower tiers.

I have not thought about unintended consequences yet

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
14 minutes ago, OG_Senpoi said:

T8 complain T10

then T6 cannot complain T8 too?

I think theres a difference there?

Id rather take a N Carolina vs a Montana, Over taking a New Mexico Vs a N Carolina.

And that goes for most tier 6s vs their tier 8 that ive played.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

[ARGSY]
Members
30,570 posts
28,115 battles
10 hours ago, Kesh_Lives said:

But, even in Co-Op, you don't go head-to-head with a QE when you're in a Karlsruhe...still have to think a little.

To get that match-up you have to faildiv... but I agree with the general point you're trying to make.

10 hours ago, Kesh_Lives said:

Once again proving that some players love to rise to challenges, and others love to whine about them existing.

This.

Although I will give the OP this: Veneto's stock gun range is acutely painful when facing Tier 10; I'd almost rather be in a Fuso, because of the superior range.

[TNG]
Members
594 posts
15,813 battles
13 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

Cruiser player at T8-

Yes, they want you to take an anemic crack at them with your T8 so you can get detected and get romped in return. WG's position is, ' "you there, please take shot now, so that return will be crushing to you and please mightily our beloved T10 player. Plus, we give you a little extra credit (actually a bean counter we met came up with the idea of giving you some of the T10 player's credits). So no change for us, cash flow wise. Tidy, and is also true. One day, when you grow up more in the ship department, you will be one of them too, so go, go now, and shoot at them now. Thanks...

Cleveland uptiers very well.

Mainz is gross and uptiers extremely well.

Baltimore uptiers well (tasty radar)

Kutuzov uptiers brokenly well (duh)

Mogami does fairly well (155s please)

Chappy and Hipper can be a little meh, but Chappy has nice utility if not for being quite squishy.

Eugen does just fine with heal

Martel is a bit tough with the laser guns you can see at T9/10, but in capable hands she works fine.

[KRAK]
Members
1,931 posts
18,888 battles
8 hours ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

Cleveland uptiers very well.

Mainz is gross and uptiers extremely well.

Baltimore uptiers well (tasty radar)

Kutuzov uptiers brokenly well (duh)

Mogami does fairly well (155s please)

Chappy and Hipper can be a little meh, but Chappy has nice utility if not for being quite squishy.

Eugen does just fine with heal

Martel is a bit tough with the laser guns you can see at T9/10, but in capable hands she works fine.

My 1st pick for uptier is Amalfi. Better torps than Mogami, and smoke and better guns.

I have played Cleveland in a T8-10 match on the Ocean map. Solid food source for reds to get excited with. No place to hide. Sold after I had enough XP for Seattle.

One Tier spread +- current ranked is the most fun by far. I hope they keep the smaller map 7 vs 7 format indefinitely.

For mid tier, I really like British light and heavy cruisers (Fiji over Helena any day, Surrey is excellent too).

I won't keep what can't be played uptiered, and there are ships that don't play well uptierd.

Edited by Ericson38

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
8 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

My 1st pick is Amalfi. Better torps than Mogami, and smoke and better guns.

And a lot more maneuverable too.

[KRAK]
Members
1,931 posts
18,888 battles
19 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

And a lot more maneuverable too.

Yes, quite a sweet pea. In current ranked, I get better results with her than with Brindisi 50% of the time, partially the result of detection, her turn rate, and the smaller maps.

[AOI]
[AOI]
Members
294 posts

Yeah its sucks. While I agree playing games as a bottom tier ships can help develop your skills.  However when it occurs 70% of the time as is my experience it has a huge negative effect on the fun factor. People on here will find the most lame excuses to argue any point or complaint you have so ignore them. I agree with you this approach to matchmaking is flawed and frustrating at times for the player but a bonus in every way for WG. MM is one of many reasons I have moved on to other games after 5 years and 12k games on WOW. I still play a few times a month but could not be happier with my choice so many good games out there right now to focus on.

Good luck fellow Captain