You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC_FMF

Is it really that hard?

15 comments in this topic

Members
397 posts

For the game to balance the RADAR ships on both sides? Instead of stacking them all to one team. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Fighting radar ships require either BB's, or DD's with torps longer ranged than radar reach.

Or a attitude that Radar does nothing. Sure they detected me for 15 seconds... whoopie. Wake me up when it detects for 60 seconds or something. Otherwise dont bother with it.

What I like is the undisclipined pub teams spam radar all at the same time. Wasted. Whats much much more dangerous is one uses radar, burns that off next ship lights off and so on.

And finally I keep a mental list of what ships have radar. Those get sunk first.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,712 battles

In Randoms it would take away from the challenge. 

In Ranked maybe, but then you get a smaller part of the playerbase to work with 

Edited by warheart1992

[FRFR]
Members
1,608 posts
16 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Fighting radar ships require either BB's, or DD's with torps longer ranged than radar reach.

Or a attitude that Radar does nothing. Sure they detected me for 15 seconds... whoopie. Wake me up when it detects for 60 seconds or something. Otherwise dont bother with it.

What I like is the undisclipined pub teams spam radar all at the same time. Wasted. Whats much much more dangerous is one uses radar, burns that off next ship lights off and so on.

And finally I keep a mental list of what ships have radar. Those get sunk first.

No, you just need to pay attention to when they used it.  I wrecked a Moskva after he radared me in my Fletcher.  After fleeing outside his 12 km radar range, I circled back around to within my 10.5 km torp range to lay a couple sets in his path.

Of course, I tried the same thing against an Alaska in a different match, and got some good torp hits on a Sinop, but the Alaska’s radar came back sooner than expected, and I got wrecked.  Eh, I’m still learning.

Members
6,794 posts
14,383 battles

I think that is the one change to MM I could support and if there is a random # then randomly assign the extra radar ship.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts
35 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

No, you just need to pay attention to when they used it.  I wrecked a Moskva after he radared me in my Fletcher.  After fleeing outside his 12 km radar range, I circled back around to within my 10.5 km torp range to lay a couple sets in his path.

Of course, I tried the same thing against an Alaska in a different match, and got some good torp hits on a Sinop, but the Alaska’s radar came back sooner than expected, and I got wrecked.  Eh, I’m still learning.

Have a keyboard that features a clock on it.

A button starts the clock. Or runs it down, your preference. That way you can generally mind the cool down times of radar.

I already function in between the cooldown once radar burns off. I think its like a minute and half for some. You can do huge amounts in that time. Particularly if you can assure that you will kill that thing. Thats almost about roughly 7km sailing give or take.

Regarding the paying attention, mine is pretty hyper vs radar. There are times I pick islands or landmasses to just sit. Or even backed up to as a torp trap for the lemmings who MUST race right up to the corner and try to get to me waiting for it to burn off. My favorite sites are those which present a radar ship with two or more exits. Which way am I coming out? That depends on the teams spotting and the enemy's own actions.

They DID nerf the situation and if you are on this side of a mile high land cliff and the enemy ship is sitting beached on the other side half a kilometer. A LARGE detection triangle is imposed on you when NOTHING is being valid such as radar or hydro against you. You are detected.

This is generally to keep the mindless beach bums among us happily watching me coming around trying to ambush them. I dont do that as often anymore. Only when I know a beached BB has really crappy engines and the torps will get there before they get moving. Before that nerf there used to be a happy time when you can assassinate anyone sitting on a island unseen until the last possible moment.

Edited by xHeavy

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,037 posts
2 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Have a keyboard that features a clock on it.

A button starts the clock. Or runs it down, your preference. That way you can generally mind the cool down times of radar.

I already function in between the cooldown once radar burns off. I think its like a minute and half for some. You can do huge amounts in that time. Particularly if you can assure that you will kill that thing. Thats almost about roughly 7km sailing give or take.

You are overthinking this a bit.   You know the range of the radar, you assume it's always up.  As a DD it's not your duty to kill the radar ship. Its to keep it spotted.   Not a radar ship, but I did it to an Austin.. funny watching it run.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,125 posts
9,114 battles
1 hour ago, USMC_FMF said:

For the game to balance the RADAR ships on both sides? Instead of stacking them all to one team. 

At this point in the game's lifetime it wouldn't help much. Significant % of the playerbase is so incompetant that they will sit and watch a radar situation play out without using it even with people asking them to, and then use it not long after when it doesn't even matter. Whether you get those guys or not is totally random, and if you do you may as well not have radar on those ships.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,157 battles
2 hours ago, USMC_FMF said:

Can we get ships with MBRB balanced to each team as well? How about repair parties get balanced too? 

[A-I-M]
Members
4,855 posts
18,002 battles
17 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

Can we get ships with MBRB balanced to each team as well? How about repair parties get balanced too? 

Forgot about net/avg fire probability, avg fire probability, equal distribution of HE pen, etc.

[WOLFG]
Members
16,778 posts
19,407 battles
22 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Forgot about net/avg fire probability, avg fire probability, equal distribution of HE pen, etc.

Throw "skill" in and we have the Dagwood sandwich of MM.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,855 posts
18,002 battles
20 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

And, we might as well be honest while we’re at it:

How evenly matched can things be when there are only two players of a given ship type in a match to achieve balance??? Especially if they are in the most influential, Heaven-help-us-all ship type in the game?

Yes, people, the ONLY logical conclusion is that double- (or even triple-) CV games HAVE to be imposed all the way to T10.

[SCK]
Members
199 posts
25,360 battles

Just because a player brings a radar ship, doesn’t mean they really know how to play it. I mean, I’d rather see the potatoes and good players equally split on the teams. Meaning, I’d rather have a 60% Goliath player over a 42% Petro player.