You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NWPILOT1

Matchmaker yeah right

10 comments in this topic

[OKMD]
Members
79 posts
24,907 battles

Today so far have played 6 games and won one, I personally have done good but my question is where is the matchmaker? Even random numbers it should be more even, and most games are a blowout! This is a big problem, you all should fix this! I hear a lot of people complaining about this, I'm sure you are losing players to other games because of it! Fix this pls or lose another!

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
8 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

What do you believe the matchmaker is supposed to do?

• Meh 1

[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
337 posts
15,136 battles
1 hour ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

Today so far have played 6 games and won one, I personally have done good but my question is where is the matchmaker? Even random numbers it should be more even, and most games are a blowout! This is a big problem, you all should fix this! I hear a lot of people complaining about this, I'm sure you are losing players to other games because of it! Fix this pls or lose another!

MM giveth and MM takes it away.  I have good and bad days when it comes to MM uptiering me.  The way I see it, if I can finish in the top half of the leader board and even finish top three or top itself, I feel I did my job and and I move on.  Is it frustrating at time to be on the receiving end of blow outs? Sure.  It's also no fun to be on the winning side because it gets boring.  I used to be a regular World Of Tanks player and those are BLOWOUTS in under 5 minutes for a match meant to last 15 minutes.  At least in WoW, it takes a lot of potatoes to throw a game like that.  Can it turn into a steamroll?  Yeah, but sometimes it's best to step away, wait a day or two and go back.  So long as playing this game is fun, I intend on playing and paying for stuff that I want.  

People have been saying this game is "dying" for years like they did with Tanks, but I'm not seeing it.  They have constant numbers on their servers and if ppl leave, there are always others ready to take their place so they can drive ships. While not a big fan of the commander's rework, it was probably necessary as the game continues to mature.  WG continues to provide dedicated resources to new content, new ships (even if they are paper) and keep a constant on their idea of "balance".  Why do you think they've been removing premium ships from the armory, like the Mass, Georgia, Thunderer and others?  They know the saturation point of this types of ships but there will always be more premium ships to be introduced so ppl can buy or earn them and it starts all over again.  At the end of the day WG is a BUSINESS and NOT a non-profit one at that.

Members
3,347 posts
3,059 battles
1 hour ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

Even random numbers it should be more even, and most games are a blowout! This is a big problem, you all should fix this!

:cap_book:

[REX-I]
Members
173 posts
17,105 battles

I’ll never understand why some people are so happy with the current games and love how mm creates such in equal teams.

• Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,170 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

What do you believe the matchmaker is supposed to do?

Create teams based on class, trying within limits to match tiers and numbers of.

It does not take into account any form of skill matrix, nor does it account for radar/hydro, to some players great and lasting distress.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,130 battles

I think OP is talking about not the uptiering but the sudden lack of actual gameplay.

It is as if some players just sit out there and do absolutely nothing and let red team take caps without so much as fire a single shot.

I saw 4 DDs not go in caps that they could have gone in without being fired upon, but they instead fired from distance and attacked other ships. While that was happening, red took the caps and we lost on points.

The DDs in question were nearly all high tier, close enough to a cap to just back up to cap or contest, could challenge the DD but refused to fire on the DDs, and even some of them sailed off the battle and just went to the backline.

It was bizarre.

Then I saw BBs doing it. Not shooting when I spotted for them. Typically if a DD or a CV spots, a BB fires away and is very much happy catching a Minotaur open water wide. But in this case, I did that on several occasions and saw BBs refuse to fire on the "caught naked" cruisers.

Was it out of pity? Lack of attention span. The turrets were pointed in that direction and I did mention it in chat that I was spotting.

DD typical spot damage is usually high if you last the whole game. But I was averaging about 11 spotted ships 5 k each. That means BBs and other ships on teams were missing a lot.

That was the bad games in a DD.

In a CV, it was similar. I would spot, but nobody was firing at the opportunities, just sailing lethargic.

I didn't cruiser much except in a hindenburg, and that was okay except when you were the only one firing and getting focused. Then watching your team potato. After you got two caps for them.

No, I think OP is talking about an old issue of players either not playing well due to lack of experience or lack of resolve.

Lack of resolve is the desire to farm. Sailing around with a backhoe as your tool of choice and winning was never your objective.

You can recognize these guys.

They say this exact phrase:

"I got (x)k damage and I will be on the top of the leaderboard."

Yeah, they probably will. But they did it and never bothered to help anyone else.

The problem with this game is the idea of some players that do this and they don't care. It ruins it for those that want a team oriented concept.

But Randoms is supposed to be random right?

I propose WG destroy the division concept and block any MM software. Bar divisions in Randoms because nobody plays as a team anyway. So make it a pure Randoms.

Eliminate the team concept altogether and make it a free for all.

Make it so there is only one winner.

And that winner gets it all.

And anyone else gets absolutely nothing. Not a darn thing. They get nothing.

So if you log in and lose. You lose at cost every time. Diminished returns means players that have excessive coin will be broke by end of year.

The only winner gets a super bonus payout. But only the one player.

There can be only one.

Let's see if top clans can put their money where their big mouths can. Because to be honest, I think the idea of either all or nothing is frightening to them.

I don't think they have the gonads to try it.

All or nothing Randoms. And that would be permanent. No going back. No complaints later. No sync drops. No MM would work. Just leave it to fate.

Scary. Even Russian Roulette has the possibility of the cartridge failing.

[WORX]
Members
16,974 posts
22,074 battles
4 hours ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

Even random numbers it should be more even,

This is a false statement...

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,350 battles

Uptiered players don't try as hard....loose badly with the snow ball effect that affects all wargaming (real or computer simulated) and then MM puts them in the next round where they are more mid tier. I have seen that alot. MM still has to work in the realms of human nature, since 'it' is matching humans itself.

Edited by Ericson38