You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NobleWhiteManlet

Black Screen

20 comments in this topic

[BINGO]
[BINGO]
Members
113 posts
8,151 battles

Anyone else getting a perma-black screen after booting up? I can hear the  start-up music, but cant see anything.

[BONKY]
Members
731 posts
15,574 battles

Yes!! I just installed the new nvidia drivers and now i get black screen when game logs into port. Not sure if the new driver is the issue or not.

Edited by Primal__Fear

[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
404 posts
3,610 battles

Check your mods.  There's another thread over in the support section.  Seems to be related to the carousel.

[BONKY]
Members
731 posts
15,574 battles
Just now, Benjammn79 said:

Check your mods.  There's another thread over in the support section.  Seems to be related to the carousel.

I removed all mods and tried.. same issue. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I have an AMD card and am seeing the game just fine. If you have a NVIDIA card you might try rolling back to an older driver version.

[BINGO]
[BINGO]
Members
113 posts
8,151 battles

I checked the support forum. It's the extended port carousel mod. Removed it and everything booted up no problem. If anyone else has this issue, that's the fix.

[_CIA_]
404 posts
3,610 battles
10 minutes ago, Primal__Fear said:

I removed all mods and tried.. same issue. 

I just reinstalled Aslain's modpack and made sure the carsousel extension was unchecked.  Works fine for me.

8 minutes ago, Captain_Deadpool7465 said:

Deleted and reinstalled same thing

Make sure you don't reinstall/use the carousel extension mod.  That's the issue.

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I have an AMD card and am seeing the game just fine. If you have a NVIDIA card you might try rolling back to an older driver version.

I have a NVIDIA card and I'm on the latest driver.  It's the carousel extender mod.  Just uninstalled that one mod and the game loads fine now.

• Cool 2

[OGF]
Members
463 posts
9,764 battles

Same.  Removed Extended Carousel from the Modstation pack and it worked.  

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles
8 minutes ago, NobleWhiteMan said:

It's the extended port carousel mod.

What does this actually do?

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,583 posts
5 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

I just reinstalled Aslain's modpack and made sure the carsousel extension was unchecked.  Works fine for me.

Make sure you don't reinstall/use the carousel extension mod.  That's the issue.

I have a NVIDIA card and I'm on the latest driver.  It's the carousel extender mod.  Just uninstalled that one mod and the game loads fine now.

This fixed it for me.  Thanks!

Members
1,882 posts
7,191 battles

I am having same issue. Removed all mods rebooted and still get black screen. I also just installed the new NVIDIA driver this morning. 

[_CIA_]
404 posts
3,610 battles
10 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I am having same issue. Removed all mods rebooted and still get black screen. I also just installed the new NVIDIA driver this morning. 

Then you may not have removed the mods correctly/completely.  The issue is with the carousel extender.  Which modpack do you use?

Members
1,882 posts
7,191 battles
4 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

Then you may not have removed the mods correctly/completely.  The issue is with the carousel extender.  Which modpack do you use?

Aslain's and I know how to remove it. I was not even using the carousel mod at all. Just going to reinstall the game. Ran game check and still had issue. 

Edited by USMC2145

[_CIA_]
404 posts
3,610 battles

Ok.  Well, I reinstalled Aslain's mod this morning, made sure I unchecked the carousel extender and Poof!  I was loading fine.  I guess your problem is unique then since everyone else also had issues with the carousel extender.

[BONKY]
Members
731 posts
15,574 battles
38 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

Ok.  Well, I reinstalled Aslain's mod this morning, made sure I unchecked the carousel extender and Poof!  I was loading fine.  I guess your problem is unique then since everyone else also had issues with the carousel extender.

He is not the only one. I was using same mod pack and had to do a full reinstall. I think the mod pack messed up a file somewhere that just removing the mod did not fix. The reinstall fixed it. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,211 posts
15,770 battles
2 hours ago, Primal__Fear said:

Yes!! I just installed the new nvidia drivers and now i get black screen when game logs into port. Not sure if the new driver is the issue or not.

I am not getting the black screen but I only update my graphics drivers if there is something that benefits one of the games/programs I use so I am running an ancient driver. The newest drivers are not always the best drivers.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
47 posts
24,542 battles

Same issue.

Checked Aslain's site, said he updated the EC.

Was runnin' .03, uploaded .13.

Works fine now.

Makes me feel like the tall hog at the trough. :)

yer updated

unit

-

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,414 posts
38,131 battles

I don't run the extended port mod.  Most days when I first launch the game I get a black screen and it just sits there.  I stop the process and then relaunch and it is slow but then it launches.

Members
3,092 posts
8,833 battles

One in 5 launches it just goes black, force quit relaunch starts it properly.  I'm running drivers 2 releases back.