You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
madgiecool

KOTS Collection

39 comments in this topic

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

Like some others - I finished my KOTS collection today.

I've waited over a year to get the 16 widgets to complete the KOTS collection.   I would say thanks for the tier 7 prem, but when I see a review that ends with:

image.thumb.png.2990565f7c296f6f809611aa0fe1b4a2.png

It's hard to be thankful.

Thou having been the victim of numerous super containers and getting normal container junk, honestly, I wasn't surprised by this collection.

PS - Thanks for the 14 days of prem, I may (or may not) use that.

image.png.a23d2282daf3f19945bd4c9f46d19585.png

I hope others have better result.  GL all    :Smile_honoring:

Spoiler

[LSNB]
Members
1,809 posts
7,582 battles

Hmm... makes me wonder if I should buy the T7 coal ships before opening the container.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
20 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

I would say thanks for the tier 7 prem, but when I see a review that ends with:

Ignore the review. Mouse isn't right about everything all the time.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
27 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

I've waited over a year to get the 16 widgets to complete the KOTS collection.   I would say thanks for the tier 7 prem, but when I see a review that ends with:

Thou having been the victim of numerous super containers and getting normal container junk, honestly, I wasn't surprised by this collection.

Reveal hidden contents

IF you collected the 14 days you are already using it. PT runs whether you login and play or not.

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think shes sort of changed her mind a little after the recent skill changes? Or was that for another ship?

Regardless DOY isnt that bad of a boat, shes one of 5 i will run in Operations over and over. im not sure how she holds up in randoms but i enjoy her more than KGV somehow.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What...what...??? :fish_panic:

How dare you say such a thing. You shall be tarred, feathered, and forever ridiculed and mocked on the forums. Just blasphemy:fish_boom:

(I actually agree but just saying cover your back side...INCOMING!!!! :fish_nerv:)

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
28 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I think shes sort of changed her mind a little after the recent skill changes?

IIRC, she herself has said explicitly that she is not infallible. I like her in co-op because of the hydro, and the AP is supposedly better that KGV's (this seems to be borne out when I can get the shells on target).

18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You shall be tarred, feathered, and forever ridiculed and mocked on the forums.

This is nothing new. :Smile_trollface: 

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,666 posts
30,344 battles

I won't say it's garbage, but it's an underperformer in randoms.

It's a really nice ship for operations, don't forget LWM reviews context, a ship you pay for in any currency and to be played in randoms, and/or competitive environment.

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,808 posts
20,779 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I think shes sort of changed her mind a little after the recent skill changes? Or was that for another ship?

Regardless DOY isnt that bad of a boat, shes one of 5 i will run in Operations over and over. im not sure how she holds up in randoms but i enjoy her more than KGV somehow.

47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

IIRC, she herself has said explicitly that she is not infallible. I like her in co-op because of the hydro, and the AP is supposedly better that KGV's (this seems to be borne out when I can get the shells on target).

This is nothing new. :Smile_trollface: 

90% of the time 'In Mouse we Trust'

that said, I have found success in several ships that Mouse has 'trashed' in the past.

DoY is not a completely bad ship, you just have to play to her strengths and understand where she is weak.

On a sidenote: I got California with my complete collection.....which I already had......

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

On a sidenote: I got California with my complete collection.....which I already had......

Interesting. So the KOTS crate can't sense duplication, then? What did it give you in exchange? Doubloons, I would hope!

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,808 posts
20,779 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Interesting. So the KOTS crate can't sense duplication, then? What did it give you in exchange? Doubloons, I would hope!

Dubs

i should also mention I pretty much have every ship available as of Xmas due to the Santa crates.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
15 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Dubs

i should also mention I pretty much have every ship available as of Xmas due to the Santa crates.

Glad to hear it is Doubloons. Like you I not only have all the T7 ships that can drop from KOTS but all the ships from Santa too. 

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Dubs

Yes you should, :cap_like: because in that case it literally had no other choice than to give you something you already had.

20 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

90% of the time 'In Mouse we Trust'

I trust Mouse unreservedly to give an unfiltered appraisal of a ship's ups and downs. Beyond that, it's my responsibility to decide whether the strengths and the gimmicks of a particular ship outweigh the flaws. Because of the amount of time I spend in co-op, I have a somewhat different meta to consider.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,741 posts
37,549 battles

Only T7s premiums I don't have are Hyuga, Florida and Eastern Dragon. I'll happily take any of those.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,379 battles
3 minutes ago, Efros said:

Only T7s premiums I don't have are Hyuga, Florida and Eastern Dragon. I'll happily take any of those.

Unfortunately none of those come in premium 7 containers:

Premium Ship VII Container

• One of the following Tier VII ships: Ashitaka, Duke of York, Hood, Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Boise, Abruzzi, Indianapolis, Nuevo de Julio, Lazo, Haida, Blyskawica, Sims, Z-39, Leningrad, California, Poltava, Nelson, Yudachi, or Gorizia.
  • 10 point commander.
  • Port slot.
  • Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,741 posts
37,549 battles

Oh well guess it'll have to be dubs then, so not unfortunate after all, lol.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Ashitaka, Duke of York, Hood, Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Boise, Abruzzi, Indianapolis, Nuevo de Julio, Lazo, Haida, Blyskawica, Sims, Z-39, Leningrad, California, Poltava, Nelson, Yudachi, or Gorizia.

Thanks for the list. Out of all those, I currently lack Nueve, Hood, Lazo, Z-39, Leningrad, California and Poltava. 

Members
489 posts
25,520 battles
16 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Unfortunately none of those come in premium 7 containers:

Premium Ship VII Container

• One of the following Tier VII ships: Ashitaka, Duke of York, Hood, Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Boise, Abruzzi, Indianapolis, Nuevo de Julio, Lazo, Haida, Blyskawica, Sims, Z-39, Leningrad, California, Poltava, Nelson, Yudachi, or Gorizia.
  • 10 point commander.
  • Port slot.

So...California or Poltava for me :etc_swear::Smile_hiding:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
2 minutes ago, Mala_suerte71 said:

So...California or Poltava for me :etc_swear::Smile_hiding:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Poltava is sneaky good.

• Cool 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,583 posts

I would have been happy to take any T7 premium.  If anything other than to just get it out of the way, so it doesn't take the place of another in a future container.  I am pretty happy about what I got too:

shot-21.04.30_17.34.56-0406.jpg

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles

And I am finally done. Thank god as my OCD has been driving me nuts with the KOTS collection sitting there unfinished (only one that wasn't done :fish_boom:).

I would say I hit the jackpot more or less getting one of the most expensive off the list. That gave me a big Doubloon haul as compensation (I already had all the ships). That was a really nice surprise vs getting credits for it.

Thanks WG for this. :cap_like:

@Hapa_Fodder this is what I was trying to ask you about on the stream yesterday (ie; what was compensation going to be if we had all the ships) and kept getting auto blocked. 

achievement.jpg

collection.jpg

ship.jpg

• Cool 1

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
591 posts
8,819 battles

Ah I wouldn't say DoY is garbage, I remember a division mate who killed not one but two Musashis in his DoY... one of which was almost devstruck by him heh.

Members
559 posts
12,364 battles
3 hours ago, madgiecool said:

Hide contents

I love the duke. Now that being said I cant understand why it has such a slow reload compared to the KGV. Also it's not the best ranked ship but great for randoms. At least you didnt get poltiva like I did.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

think i have had one kots crate, and it will be my last unless they gift me one...

[KSE]
Members
802 posts
29,450 battles

Is there anywhere that's listed the possible drops from the T7 container? I'm pretty sure I have almost all the ships available. The last thing I'd want to do is have all the ships and get 1000 doubloons or whatever mediocre substitute instead.