Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DrHolmes52

Why humans don't like Thunderer

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
17,089 posts
20,381 battles

And one hit was an HE citadel.

I hope bots don't carry grudges.  :Smile_hiding:

shot-21.04.30_17.17.56-0557.jpg

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,056 posts
30,833 battles

Shoot, I still remember in an old Random Battle Detonating some DD player with my Battleship's secondaries.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,089 posts
20,381 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Shoot, I still remember in an old Random Battle Detonating some DD player with my Battleship's secondaries.

I was DD hunting (2-7 game), but he ran in to our bots cloud when he killed him.

Destroyed one of the Gearing's torp racks on the one shot I did get off.

Thunderer HE is evil.

[RLGN]
Members
19,117 posts
35,137 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I’ll do yah one better; detting a low health Minekaze on Solomons with a gun from my (RTS) Langley

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Got a full life Benson w/a single 2ndary shell hit back in the day in my Izumo (I was 1 of the odd ones that actually liked that ship...even before it finally got buffed)...

But didn't even realize it at the time (totally missed the kill ribbon & was confused...much later on... when I saw I had it).

Was battling 3 BBs at once from range...was in binoculars & never knew the Benson was there (I did notice the dead DD icon & the partial smoke screen he tried to hide in after I took my shot (at 1 of the BBs) & got back out of binocular mode...but didn't realize I had anything to do with it until I seen the post battle results of only 1 2ndary hit on him.

I was busy each volley trying to maneuver to get all turrets on the most broadside of the 3 BBs each volley & maneuver back to bow on before they returned fire.

Benson put, "Well... that's my game" in chat...which I never noticed (along w/the notifications in chat that he got a det achievement & I got a dev strike) until I watched the replay.

Felt bad as I usually give a "sorry" when RNG fun & engages somebody for my benefit.

Ended up being my record damage battle for a long time (eventually broken by Musashi...shortly after it came out...which gives you an idea of how long ago this was) which is why I even watched the replay.

Most single ordinance damage ever (& most possible) was a single torp to the bow of a GK detonation in Gearing (although he didn't have the extra HP skill so I guess technically it isn't the "most" possible...but let's be practical here...nobody actually takes that skill in a GK so it's the most believable possible).

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,056 posts
30,833 battles

@Estimated_Prophet @IfYouSeeKhaos Speaking of secondaries, you guys will love this old thread I made from 2017.  2 of my teammates died against an AFK New Mexico player's secondaries.  I even warned them about it because their HP was low.  We won but it was a very close game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

2 of my teammates died against an AFK New Mexico player's secondaries. 

Leaves the game for some IRL emergency.

Comes back to find he's grabbed 2 close-quarter expert medals and nearly clinched it for his team by being spicy bait.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,056 posts
30,833 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Leaves the game for some IRL emergency.

Comes back to find he's grabbed 2 close-quarter expert medals and nearly clinched it for his team by being spicy bait.

si5mfysgzpc41.jpg?auto=webp%26s=20b28531

• Cool 1