You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hammer_1

Why offer Musashi cammo purchase if no Musashi?

28 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
270 posts

I saw the banner in log in for Musashi purchase with gold only to find it is ONLY the cammo. I would happily buy the cammo AND the ship, but I can't find the ship anywhere to purchase with gold, coal, steel, or recycle points. (forgot what there called).

What gives????

• Cool 5
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 1

[P2W]
Beta Testers
265 posts
17,770 battles

Its an OP ship that you will have to spend $ to most likely not get in a container at Christmas or wait for the auctions.

[WHARF]
Members
847 posts
22,494 battles
35 minutes ago, hammer_1 said:

I saw the banner in log in for Musashi purchase with gold only to find it is ONLY the cammo. I would happily buy the cammo AND the ship, but I can't find the ship anywhere to purchase with gold, coal, steel, or recycle points. (forgot what there called).

What gives????

She got pulled last update..but for those who have her...they might want the camo

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
1 hour ago, hammer_1 said:

What gives????

I thought you could get ship.

The cost was 9k

• Haha 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Damn few that will be able to use the Mushy. Its been banned, restricted etc.

Fortunately it's not a difficult ship to farm.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,097 posts
17,227 battles
1 hour ago, dadeoo said:

She got pulled last update..but for those who have her...they might want the camo

41 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I thought you could get ship.

The cost was 9k

Musashi has been unavailable since update 0.8.0, January 2019.

• Cool 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

It's been vaulted. You can get it from supercontainers and Santa crates, but not directly.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles
2 hours ago, hammer_1 said:

What gives????

It is for those who have Musashi and want the camo.

31 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Damn few that will be able to use the Mushy. Its been banned, restricted etc.

Fortunately it's not a difficult ship to farm.

I can use mine whenever I want...

[WOLFG]
Members
17,115 posts
20,488 battles
2 hours ago, jbc98k said:

OP ship..........auctions.

Not WG, no.

/s

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles

tbf, Musashi does do anything that Yamato doesnt do already, its just a tier lower and thats basically what made it OP, imagine being a T7 that can see T9s and you come face to face with a Yamato class battleship that can yeet your battleship into next week 3 times over with just one RNG blessed salvo

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

tbf, Musashi does do anything that Yamato doesnt do already, its just a tier lower and thats basically what made it OP, imagine being a T7 that can see T9s and you come face to face with a Yamato class battleship that can yeet your battleship into next week 3 times over with just one RNG blessed salvo

It was funny seeing Musashi when it first came out.

People in their Tier VII game were doing their little shooting, pew-pew!  pew-pew!  pea shooter!  Then the undetected Musashi player opens up suddenly and starts tearing into their sh*tty [edited]Tier VII protection schemes.  Meanwhile, the Musashi is just tanking with something like 57mm deck armor and Tier X levels of Battleship HP.  Musashi showed itself and the roaches scattered.  Musashi in a Tier VII game with a screen of ships ahead?  That was a lot to deal with, most esp if the player knew what he was doing.  Musashi originates from High Tier combat where it's long range combat.  Mid tier typical engagement ranges are much closer, Musashi doesn't play that.

What was funny for Musashi is watching her shoot at 21kt BBs.  That was novel at the time before the USN BB Split.  Only other time before you saw something like 460mm guns shooting at USN Standard BBs was when we had +/-3 MM, where Colorado could be in a Tier X game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TSF]
Members
924 posts
21,849 battles
3 hours ago, jbc98k said:

wait for the auctions

You know it's coming. And now WG can frame it as a positive, caring concession to the playerbase. 

WG: "It has come to our attention that many players purchased the Musashi camouflages thinking they were buying the ship, despite our clear descriptions, and not owning Musashi, these players are unable to use these camouflages.  Out of caring and empathy for these players we have decided to place a limited number of Musashi's into the auction house to enable these players to purchase them."

Also WQ: "On an unrelated note, ranked/clan battles will include tier 9, and Musashi has been restored to eligibility."

Thank you for your time. Please start the bidding.

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Haha 1

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
5 hours ago, hammer_1 said:

What gives????

You do know that t7-t8 regular premiums cost 9k gold right? I doubt a essentially T9 Musahi would come for that cheap. Even t9 premium ships are 20k gold currently.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,064 posts
29,291 battles

image.png.e8e0a815839193883f63bc41741a8c3d.png

Because enough people got the ship before it was withdrawn for WG to consider the camo worthwhile to offer

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE MUSASHI:

A close examination will show that this permacamo offers no economic bonus that isn't already given by the one the ship came with. Unless you're that much of a High School Fleet fan that you absolutely MUST dress up your Musashi this way, I'd argue that you're better off spending your money on something else.

[FEM]
[FEM]
Members
109 posts
195 battles

Koenig Albert (tier 3 allegedly OP premium also pulled from sale) is also getting a new camo for the Jutland event :)

[WOLFC]
Members
6,097 posts
17,227 battles
44 minutes ago, Lexmechanic_ said:

Koenig Albert (tier 3 allegedly OP premium also pulled from sale) is also getting a new camo for the Jutland event :)

What’s interesting about KA is that she was available briefly (via tokens) last year during the Summer Sale. That’s when I picked up mine (and also my Enterprise, incidentally :Smile_veryhappy:).

I’m hoping that camo will be some type of in-game mission reward vs. purchasable, but I’m not holding my breath.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

I was under the impression Musashi sucks :Smile_amazed: You might as well play the Yamato instead :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles
13 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Meanwhile, the Musashi is just tanking with something like 57mm deck armor and Tier X levels of Battleship HP. 

laughs in armored funnel  no really, Musashi's funnel can actually bounce Yamato shells

shot-21.05.01_13.47.27-0689.jpg?width=11

• Haha 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles
24 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

I was under the impression Musashi sucks :Smile_amazed: You might as well play the Yamato instead :Smile_hiding:

only 2 things that i know of on Musashi are bad, 1.8 sigma to Yamato's 2.1(correct me if im wrong on that) and worse AA but AA as a whole right now doesnt really matter so  this can really be ignored

but other than that, its got everything else that makes Yamato great, the HP pool a tier lower, the armor, and of course, the 18.1" guns

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,064 posts
29,291 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Musashi's funnel can actually bounce Yamato shells

"I climbed inside Musashi funnel to be safe from Yamato. I am unperforated by shot or shell, but the drycleaners rejected my uniform as too damaged for salvage and the doctors say the steam burns may be fatal." :fish_boom::Smile_veryhappy:

[CO-OP]
Members
3,732 posts
37,475 battles

The ARP Musashi camo is the better looking camo anyway, and arguably the best looking ARP camo to date.

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
13 minutes ago, Efros said:

The ARP Musashi camo is the better looking camo anyway, and arguably the best looking ARP camo to date.

Im a fan of both the ARP Yammy and Mushis skins honestly, Myoko is close third :D

[PHU]
Members
414 posts
7,398 battles
3 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

This is what people said before the ship came out and the first few days it was out. Then people started realizing having Yamato guns at T9 that missed every so often (but not Roma levels of bad) was hilariously OP.

[WOLFA]
Members
270 posts
On 4/30/2021 at 9:00 PM, Compassghost said:

It's been vaulted. You can get it from supercontainers and Santa crates, but not directly.

I had no luck with Christmas crates last season :cap_happy:

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
22 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Im a fan of both the ARP Yammy and Mushis skins honestly, Myoko is close third :D

I wanted ARP Musashi camo and even ARP Yamato, but goodness, the asking price was even too much for an old whale like me.