You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TxPat

Huge exploit in Naval Battle

9 comments in this topic

[DIP]
Members
4 posts

I noticed some issues with Naval battles.

I had turned on navel battle after exiting a battle in ranked and was thinking about what battle to run.  Then I noticed it gave me credit for the battle.  Notice I did not have it turned on at the start of the battle.  I then tested in a dd and started with it turned on then intentionally  died early and turned off my attempt.  At the end of the battle I had enough points for the tier but it did not take the attempt or count it.    I retested and started a battle with my attempts set to OFF.  I realized we would win and had enough to break the first tier and so died to a battleship.  I went to the screen and turned it on and after the battle got credit.

Thus to summarize you can turn off your attempts if you realize they are going bad before the battle ends and it doesn't count it.  You can also start with the attempts off and if you feel you did well enough die and turn it on and it will count it.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

thanks for finding that.... i would test but forgot to enable for this week

[VORTX]
Members
872 posts
12,474 battles
57 minutes ago, lewellenfawr said:

Wow that’s actually a huge exploit.

Massive. I wonder how many players have been aware of this but not blown it.

• Haha 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,577 posts
17,526 battles
1 hour ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Massive. I wonder how many players have been aware of this but not blown it.

I know last summer there was a pretty big issue where running a battle with them on and then switching them off before starting the next battle (while the first was still running) resulted in both games being counted as attempts and reenabling attempts after the second. But so far I haven’t seen this one yet. 

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles

@Kizarvexis/// @AdmiralThunder...might wanna take a look at this & test it out... I'm not gonna be on until tomorrow night so can't check it out myself until then.

[TSF]
Members
924 posts
21,849 battles

I can confirm this bug.

I played a game in Kidd with naval battles off. I had not played any naval battles this week.

I died early in the Kidd game, so I decided to do some naval battles. I turned on naval battles and played a game in Yamato. While I was in the Yamato game, the Kidd game finished.

I scored enough experience in Yamato earn a star, however, afterwards I was shocked to see that I had been charged two attempts, one for the Kidd game, when Naval Battles was not turned on (lost a star) and one for the Yamato game, when naval battles was turned on. 

Bad bug.

Edited by Litigo_1970

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

oh and a tiny one....   clicking esc x icon [Close Window]  in top right of the naval battles page doesn't work, it does nothing at all, but the mouseover still works...   Pressing the ESC key still works as well.