You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

Please enable chat if you play Ops

48 comments in this topic

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles

I've been in more than one Narai battle this morning where the team agrees on which players are going to take the CV and transports just to have someone else go with them.  The last battle had two ships leave the convoy and join both the transport guy and the CV guy.  That takes 4 ships away from sinking the MO as well as entering the harbor.  Obviously, the risk of not getting a 5 star is high when this happens.

Since none of the 'extras' answered chat messages I can only assume they have chat disabled.  There is not much salt in Ops, guys, so please turn on chat so you know what the strategy is for the team.

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles

Its not that, trust me. I seldom pay attention to chat in Naria anymore after having a string of matches where players said they had a thing and then fail to get the thing.

Edit: also, some players turn it off due to trolls, or swearing. Further some players may not speak english.

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Cool 1

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles
8 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Its not that, trust me. I seldom pay attention to chat in Naria anymore after having a string of matches where players said they had a thing and then fail to get the thing.

Edit: also, some players turn it off due to trolls, or swearing. Further some players may not speak english.

You gotta trust your teammates to do their job.  If they fail, hopefully they learn from the failure.  

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
Just now, Joe_918145 said:

You gotta trust your teammates to do their job.  If they fail, hopefully they learn from the failure.  

Nah, id rather play it safe and get 5 stars. Just me though.

[PVE]
Members
12,065 posts
21,313 battles

I don't think they even read the chat. I said I would take the Transports when some one asked who was getting them and no one else answered.  Our Jervis decided he was going to do it, instead of taking out the Missouri, yet I was already well on my way, with the Boise. Jervis takes a torp and dies anyway but  we almost missed the first transport and by the time I got it I was way out of position in a slow ship which actually ruined my score. Other times no one is going for the Transports, so when I decide to commit, so does 1 or 2 other people. Stating it in the chat doesn't seem to matter. The  least stars I ever seem to get in Narai is 4 and I would say at least 90% of the time it's a five star win.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
38 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Please enable chat if you play Ops

You can't make me. You're not my mom. 

:cap_book:

/s

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

please add a feature to the team list so we can see who has chat muted and who doesn't...

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
51 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I've been in more than one Narai battle this morning where the team agrees on which players are going to take the CV and transports just to have someone else go with them.  The last battle had two ships leave the convoy and join both the transport guy and the CV guy.  That takes 4 ships away from sinking the MO as well as entering the harbor.  Obviously, the risk of not getting a 5 star is high when this happens.

Since none of the 'extras' answered chat messages I can only assume they have chat disabled.  There is not much salt in Ops, guys, so please turn on chat so you know what the strategy is for the team.

The "team" might have agreed but that doesn't mean I agree, if you want the transports or the CV, and it happens that's where I plan to go... you better push hard because the race is ON, I want that juicy XP too. Sorry but calling "dibs" won't work on me.

Of course I won't "overload" a flank if there's a risk of losing center, but ime securing transports is critical and I've seen too many fails there to trust a random guy calling dibs, so a little redundancy isn't a bad thing. 

edit: I didn't vote you down, btw.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Meh 3

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,308 battles

I read it to see what others are planning to do.  I never assume that they will accomplish this, so I will always position myself back up someone in case they are floundering.  Also, if a Gneisenau says that they are going after the transports or CV, I'll play as though we are short a battleship and play accordingly. 

• Cool 1

[HOP4S]
Members
7,002 posts
35,454 battles
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

Had an incident last night on the same lines of this thread.....  So, I asked the player "why?"  The answer wasn't any of the above ^^^^^^^....  He was playing scenarios because COOP has become a 2x7 (two humans against 7 bots) binary game mode.  You are playing 9x9 or 2x7 (unless, there are / is a division(s) involved and the MM see Divisions as one person ! = 3x6 or 4x5.....)

He was tired of endless 2x7s and he was using Narai to replace COOP...........and, he was playing "for himself for what he needed.....period....  Yikes.  what a mess that created.

BTW, I've had 6 or 7 matches this morning that were 2x7....  It's that pervasive. 

Edited by Asym_KS

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,665 posts
12,561 battles

ignore the secondary objectives like going for CV and transport and just focus on killing everything in the harbor

9/10 times you will end up outstripping everyone else in the xp whether it's a 5 star or not and the xp differences of not getting those stars are not a huge issue in your own overall performance.

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Also, if a Gneisenau says that they are going after the transports or CV, I'll play as though we are short a battleship and play accordingly. 

If a Gneis is going for transports, (CV I consider to be not as critical a case) I make sure of getting there faster (assuming I'm running a cruiser or DD) and getting myself as much kills as possible, with the intention of purposely starving it of XP, so he doesn't get rewarded for a very bad decision and somehow thinks that's a good tactic to use in the future. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,308 battles
55 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If a Gneis is going for transports, (CV I consider to be not as critical a case) I make sure of getting there faster (assuming I'm running a cruiser or DD) and getting myself as much kills as possible, with the intention of purposely starving it of XP, so he doesn't get rewarded for a very bad decision and somehow thinks that's a good tactic to use in the future. 

We're pretty much of the same mindset.  If I am in position and have the appropriate ship to better deal with the CV/transports that is what I'll do.  As I noted earlier, if the Gneis plans on going for the transports/CV I consider that ship as effectively AFK.

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

3 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

We're pretty much of the same mindset.  If I am in position and have the appropriate ship to better deal with the CV/transports that is what I'll do.  As I noted earlier, if the Gneis plans on going for the transports/CV I consider that ship as effectively AFK.

My issue with guys like you is that you'll do what you want regardless of which ship is going in the direction you want.  As Vader pointed out you don't have to do the transports or CV route to earn every good XP.  Sadly, Narai is now filled with people that only care about getting their XP and they don't care if that ruins the experience for someone else. 

• Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

My issue with guys like you is that you'll do what you want regardless of which ship is going in the direction you want.  As Vader pointed out you don't have to do the transports or CV route to earn every good XP.  Sadly, Narai is now filled with people that only care about getting their XP and they don't care if that ruins the experience for someone else. 

Ops for me are more or less the same as Coop, the objective is to farm more, to outpace your team mates/competitors, I don't expect to get nice XP just for free. I usually assume the role and go the way more fitting for my ship, unless I need to cover a glaring fault in our deployment. If some guy also wants to go the way I'm going, then it's competition time, what I'm supposed to do? conform to mediocre results just because some guy called "dibs" in chat? If I see a chance to have a good performance going some other way, I will not be set to intentionally compete with you but if there's no juicy spot free, I'll go there and take whatever I can. That's the way.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
38 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Ops for me are more or less the same as Coop, the objective is to farm more, to outpace your team mates/competitors, I don't expect to get nice XP just for free.

I don't remember the last time I didn't finish on the top of the team in Narai.  I do that by being a bull, but I'm not a pig.  If someone calls a route, and they are in position, with a suitable ship, I'll let them have it.  I'm not going to force my way in there either bullying that person out, or having two people go after the same targets just to spite them.  That is incredibly selfish, and this is just a game after all.  If you can't have your fun without ruining it for others, then I don't respect you as a player.  There are plenty of ways to earn good XP in this op without muscling someone else out.  I'd like to respectfully offer this piece of advice.  Learn all the routes/roles in the op and you'll always be in a position to do well.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
8 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I don't remember the last time I didn't finish on the top of the team in Narai.  I do that by being a bull, but I'm not a pig.  If someone calls a route, and they are in position, with a suitable ship, I'll let them have it.  I'm not going to force my way in there either bullying that person out, or having two people go after the same targets just to spite them.  That is incredibly selfish, and this is just a game after all.  If you can't have your fun without ruining it for others, then I don't respect you as a player.  There are plenty of ways to earn good XP in this op without muscling someone else out.  I'd like to respectfully offer this piece of advice.  Learn all the routes/roles in the op and you'll always be in a position to do well.

its been really fun lately, ive been grinding out the Italian BB line and the tier 7 one is surprisingly good for Naria, ive done every route/role with it, without issues. CV and Transports too as well soloing the Missouri. I do get annoyed when im killing transports(as any ship, but particularly a cruiser) and someone snipes the last one, like, they didnt shoot at any of the other ones until it was down to one, low HP one. :(

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
3 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I do get annoyed when im killing transports(as any ship, but particularly a cruiser) and someone snipes the last one, like, they didnt shoot at any of the other ones until it was down to one, low HP one. :(

Some people don't know there is an achievement for sinking all of the transports, if they did I bet half of them would let you earn it.  Others do know and they just don't care, they want that extra few thousand damage.  Its funny, well sad actually, every once in a while I'll write in chat, "there is an achievement for transports so you shouldn't shoot at them unless you're the one doing the route".  Every time there is a nasty reply back.

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts

I’ve been tempted to turn chat off lately; however, I’m glad I had it on for my first Narai. The other Fiji was like, “Dud you want the CV?”

I responded, “I have no idea what to do about a CV because it’s my first time here, so yes, dud here!”

He/she said “Okay no problem I got it have fun!”

And we did!

There really are normal humans out there. :)

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles
47 minutes ago, Dudefella said:

I’ve been tempted to turn chat off lately; however, I’m glad I had it on for my first Narai. The other Fiji was like, “Dud you want the CV?”

I responded, “I have no idea what to do about a CV because it’s my first time here, so yes, dud here!”

He/she said “Okay no problem I got it have fun!”

And we did!

There really are normal humans out there. :)

Since you are new, check out Lightninger's posts that are pinned to the top of the PVE subforum here.  Lots of great information there to help you learn where to position in the various Ops.  Good luck learning the game!  And always have fun!

• Thanks 1

Members
1,656 posts
14 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

its been really fun lately, ive been grinding out the Italian BB line and the tier 7 one is surprisingly good for Naria, ive done every route/role with it, without issues. CV and Transports too as well soloing the Missouri. I do get annoyed when im killing transports(as any ship, but particularly a cruiser) and someone snipes the last one, like, they didnt shoot at any of the other ones until it was down to one, low HP one. :(

Don't know which Caracciolo you played but mine just didn't cut it with the slow reload speed and the terrible accuracy. Had to ram a BB at the end to make the result "acceptable".

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,665 posts
12,561 battles

Chats often times in Narai from my perspective, is just people bickering over the transports and get salty over someone "kill stealing" a transport and then the whole drama just gets worse.

With that said, it's amusing to read it all :cap_popcorn:

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
8 hours ago, Singularity_invader said:

Don't know which Caracciolo you played but mine just didn't cut it with the slow reload speed and the terrible accuracy. Had to ram a BB at the end to make the result "acceptable".

All down to how you play the Operation, i dont usually live to the end, im aggressive and with that ship its needed, but most often i die to my own mistakes. Ive done CV route with it and killed both the DD and the CV, and ive soloed the Missouri that spawns.