Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gun_ho

vampire?

5 comments in this topic

[BARON]
Members
20 posts
12,398 battles

I would like to get the vampire II but not sure how to do that  i hear you must rework a line you have to T10. dose it matter witch line? do you loose the boats in than line? and how dose one reset a line? is it a limited time to do this? any help will be great please use small words i am more caveman then tec support  thanks

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,504 posts
8,467 battles
23 minutes ago, gun_ho said:

I would like to get the vampire II but not sure how to do that  i hear you must rework a line you have to T10. dose it matter witch line? do you loose the boats in than line? and how dose one reset a line? is it a limited time to do this? any help will be great please use small words i am more caveman then tec support  thanks

Check StatsBloke's video HERE. Pretty good guide to how the Research Bureau works.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,389 battles
1 hour ago, gun_ho said:

1. It doesn't matter which line.  All tech tree lines, except CV lines will generate 10.2K RPs when you complete the re-grind (CV lines only generate 9K RPs)
  2. When you reset all ships are sold (upgrades are de-mounted for free) at half price.  Special upgrades and camos are stored in your inventory, all other stock modifications are sold at half price.
  3. You don't have a time limit, although each season lasts 3 months.  The first reset in each season gives 2x RPs.  The next season starts in 12 days, so if you reset a line now you can get a 2x bonus again in 2 weeks.  This is important since you can stack bonuses.
  4. Resetting a line is simple, you just click on reset icon at the bottom of a tech tree.image.png.bd0d5fe74477da7a8322783f8addf82a.png

Stacking resets

For a player rich in Free XP Free XP, this is the easiest way to accumulate Research Points Research Points (RP). The Tier V-X ships of a reset line need not be played to qualify for RP at an eventual first win.

A player can reset, then unlock an entire line using Free XP without purchasing or playing a single ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due those Research Points at the first win. Then the player can reset, then unlock the same line without purchasing or playing a ship, and the Tier V-X ships will "remember" that they are due more Research Points at the first win. When those ships eventually are purchased and played for a win, the accrued Research Points are awarded.

Example

1) In Season 1 a player unlocks his fifth tech tree Tier X ship and immediately receives 10,000 Research Points.
2) He resets his Wows_flag_Germany.png KM cruiser line. All Tier II+ KM cruisers in port etc. are sold. Then he spends 755,410 Free XP (ships plus B hulls) to unlock all nine ships through Tier X yet purchases none of them. His Tier V through X ships thus gain the ability to play for double Research Points (the Season 1 bonus) at any future time — 20,400 Research Points for all six.
3) In the same season, the player resets his KM cruiser line again, and again unlocks Free XP all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus can play for another RP award — an additional 10,200 Research Points for all six.
4) As his first reset of Season 2, the player resets his KM cruiser line for the third time, and again spends Free XP to unlock all nine ships. His Tier V through X ships thus accrue access to yet another double Research Points award (the Season 2 bonus) — 20,400 Research Points.
5) He then purchases his six Tier V-X ships, and plays six Co-op games, all wins, thus earning a total of 51,000 Research Points to add to the 10,000 Research Points qualifying bonus, giving him 61,000 Research Points — enough to buy Colbert (57,000 Research Points).

He has spent about 2.7M Free XP, 19.3M to 53M Credits,[7] and played 6 games. Elapsed time, about 2 hours total.

If you need more information check out the wiki link below:

Research Bureau - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles

The first important step is to gain access to the Research Bureau, and to do that, you must have unlocked five Tech-tree T10 ships.

From time to time the Dockyards offer Research Points for superfluous phases if you threw greater than the minimum number  of doubloons at the problem, and in that case you can get an early unlock. But that's a very event-dependent thing.

After that, it's everything Hampton Roads said.