You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

26 comments in this topic

[PUMA]
Members
1,319 posts
12,536 battles

Still wishing to find Goeben and Breslau in either tech Tree or Armory.

Maybe as low tier premiums even.

Does the fact that both ships are in the WOWs Wiki mean there is hope ?

https://wiki.wargaming.net/ru/Navy:SMS_Goeben_(1911)

https://wiki.wargaming.net/ru/Navy:SMS_Breslau_(1911)

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,695 battles
Just now, freggo said:

Been hoping for a two ship deal for some time, sadly there not  Tier 9 /10 paper napkin Super cruiser  class Russian ships so it wont happen.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
35 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Been hoping for a two ship deal for some time, sadly there not  Tier 9 /10 paper napkin Super cruiser  class Russian ships so it wont happen.

There must be tons of unfinished ship projects WG has yet to put in game and the reasons are probably economic like you say and also because they are just not "Flashy" enough.

We are more likely to see War Rocket 🚀 Ajax from Flash Gordon.

All WG needs is a player with a goatee beard with a propensity for megalomaniacal showmanship, egomaniacal emotional outbursts, and overly dramatic observations of the obviously amazing and shocking. 

I wonder who they will find such a public personality who could cosplay Ming with such gusto and wear such over the top campy costumes for the role. Who would go into a full blown panic at the mere sight of air forces. Would curse Flash Gordon and try to steal Dale Arden. Such a character would be hard to find and have such a huge following with peeps chanting his name already.

Such a hugely popular public figure in the game would probably want a stunt double. LOL 😂  Most likely averse to danger.

• Boring 1

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,695 battles
25 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Classic :Smile_teethhappy:, I watched the Sam T Jones /  Max Von Sydow some time back.

Yeah totally agree WG would rather design that ship.  

File:War-Rocket-Ajax.jpg - FenWiki

Members
79 posts
2 hours ago, freggo said:

Forget it.

Unprofitable tiers/types for the Lesta cash register. It would divert valuable resources from phony Russian super cruisers, Marvel comic submarines,  and imaginary aircraft carriers.

Edited by DesRon_29
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
5 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

All WG needs is a player with a goatee beard with a propensity for megalomaniacal showmanship, egomaniacal emotional outbursts, and overly dramatic observations of the obviously amazing and shocking. 

Now who could that POSSIBLY BE? :Smile_veryhappy:

Remember what happens to Ming in the film, though. We wouldn't wish that upon our favourite salty Finn, now would we?

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
149 posts
15,023 battles

I'm hoping Goeben is being held for a Pan-Europe BB line under a Turkish flag. Between Spain, Austrian-Hungarian Empire, and Turkey, they have enough actually built ships for at least tiers 3-5, possibly tier 6 if they really gimmick the hell out of one of the later ships and give it a fictional refit. 

Ships started, planned or considered would then get you to Tier 8, its really only the 9 and 10 that might be hard to get a full Pan-Europe line.

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles
7 minutes ago, Jemention said:

I'm hoping Goeben is being held for a Pan-Europe BB line under a Turkish flag. Between Spain, Austrian-Hungarian Empire, and Turkey, they have enough actually built ships for at least tiers 3-5, possibly tier 6 if they really gimmick the hell out of one of the later ships and give it a fictional refit. 

Ships started, planned or considered would then get you to Tier 8, its really only the 9 and 10 that might be hard to get a full Pan-Europe line.

PEF is a T6 BC/BB so Goeben would probably be T5.

Beta Testers
149 posts
15,023 battles
30 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

PEF is a T6 BC/BB so Goeben would probably be T5.

I would think Goeben would end up as a Tier 4 actually. The Moltke (Goeben) class are really first gen BCs whereas the Mackensen (PEF) class was more of a third gen BC, taking the lessons learned from the Moltke and Derfflinger classes.

• Cool 2

Members
767 posts
19,884 battles

It would be incredibly nice to see Yavuz/Goeben, but it only fits at T5 or lower, which doesn't make money. So, yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up

[ZZZZ]
Members
308 posts
11,110 battles

Of all the WWI German battleships and cruisers not yet in game the two you want are ones' whose claim to fame is leaving German service fairly quick into the war?

Or are you instead asking for Yavuz Sultan Selim and Midilli and just using their former names for some reason?

Anyway, since sub-tier V premiums aren't a thing anymore their only chance is getting into the game would be a members of a Pan-Europe battleship or cruiser tech tree respectively. (In the IMO unlikely event that a German BB split starts low tier enough to include tier IV we could see the Moltke class included, but presumably under that name instead of Goeben.)

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
On 4/30/2021 at 10:27 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Now who could that POSSIBLY BE? :Smile_veryhappy:

Remember what happens to Ming in the film, though. We wouldn't wish that upon our favourite salty Finn, now would we?

That was just bad indigestion from an air penetration. If you saw the ending, Ming is not really dead.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
30 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

If you saw the ending, Ming is not really dead.

SOMEONE picked up the ring of power, but I always understood the possibility that it might not be Ming. Shall have to rewatch.

Still, alive or dead, being skewered from behind by a space-ship's ramming spike is not a good thing to happen.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PUMA]
Members
1,319 posts
12,536 battles
16 hours ago, Iceland_260 said:

Of all the WWI German battleships and cruisers not yet in game the two you want are ones' whose claim to fame is leaving German service fairly quick into the war?

Or are you instead asking for Yavuz Sultan Selim and Midilli and just using their former names for some reason?

I may be misunderstanding you but these ships did not lead Germany into WW1.

As a German I see these of course as GERMAN ships with GERMAN crews. While I can appreciate the Turkish involvement I'd be upset and offended seeing them added as anything other than GERMAN (SMS) ships!

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

SOMEONE picked up the ring of power, but I always understood the possibility that it might not be Ming. Shall have to rewatch.

Still, alive or dead, being skewered from behind by a space-ship's ramming spike is not a good thing to happen.

Yes, Ming was skewered. He was shish kebab Ming. Yummy in some parts of the world 😋.

However, that someone that picked up the ring 💍 laughed just like Ming. That be no coincidence. The ring and Ming are the same. He is in the ring 💍.

Let's just say that Ring 💍 is somewhere out there..... I wonder where?🤔

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
On 4/30/2021 at 6:05 AM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

There must be tons of unfinished ship projects WG has yet to put in game and the reasons are probably economic like you say and also because they are just not "Flashy" enough.

I wonder who they will find such a public personality who could cosplay Ming with such gusto and wear such over the top campy costumes for the role. Who would go into a full blown panic at the mere sight of air forces. Would curse Flash Gordon and try to steal Dale Arden. Such a character would be hard to find and have such a huge following with peeps chanting his name already.

Such a hugely popular public figure in the game would probably want a stunt double. LOL 😂  Most likely averse to danger.

On 4/30/2021 at 6:37 AM, tm63au said:

Classic :Smile_teethhappy:, I watched the Sam T Jones /  Max Von Sydow some time back.

Yeah totally agree WG would rather design that ship.  

File:War-Rocket-Ajax.jpg - FenWiki

Do you think we could have "Buster Crabbe" as a future WOWs Commander?

image_2021-05-01_211902.png.3e0de40ae5d73fd94340a1efa6171ceb.png

• Cool 1

Members
767 posts
19,884 battles
5 hours ago, freggo said:

I may be misunderstanding you but these ships did not lead Germany into WW1.

As a German I see these of course as GERMAN ships with GERMAN crews. While I can appreciate the Turkish involvement I'd be upset and offended seeing them added as anything other than GERMAN (SMS) ships!

Ifffffffffffffff WG ever adds these ships (they won't) then it would surely be as multi nation premiums, like Boise/Nueve de Julio or Gallant/Jurua 

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That would be interesting. Especially that outfit with the cape. The top clans would want the cape in purple. Those undies are a bit tight though, but they probably wear theirs that way anyway. That shirt has a nice 420 motif that will be endearing to their sensibilities. Most of them have had a run in with a crustacean, so it is not out of the question. 

But add too much technicolor and the monitors might explode. Add too much forward progress to Buster's Busty undies, and the ladies will go wild in buying the captain. There will be hard, ahem, hard core demand for sultry voice overs with voice actors. Some of it related to the game chat commands, and some of it, obviously not. 

But for 300 dollars US, WG will call a player, ask them to read a few paragraphs, and they will give them a FDR CV in exchange.

You may think that is weird until Buster Crabbe does show up. 

Although, oddly...oh damn diggity...oddly...it didn't hit me just now...but he does look like a certain streamer I know and if I mention his name, I will be in a whole heap of trouble.

Let's just say that the hair style, that innocent boyish look, were he not blonde, and instead darker in hair color, and speaks native German.

Ok, said enough clues. If you guys can't figure it out by now, then I refer to an English Nursery Rhyme

Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday,
Christened on a stark and stormy Tuesday,
Married on a grey and grisly Wednesday,
Took ill on a mild and mellow Thursday,
Grew worse on a bright and breezy Friday,
Died on a grey and glorious Saturday,
Buried on a baking, blistering Sunday.
That was the end of Solomon Grundy.

That is my final clue. Oh why I didn't see it sooner is beyond me. He will never live this down. The resemblance is uncanny. :cap_look:

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
7 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

That would be interesting. Especially that outfit with the cape. The top clans would want the cape in purple. Those undies are a bit tight though, but they probably wear theirs that way anyway. That shirt has a nice 420 motif that will be endearing to their sensibilities. Most of them have had a run in with a crustacean, so it is not out of the question. 

But add too much technicolor and the monitors might explode. Add too much forward progress to Buster's Busty undies, and the ladies will go wild in buying the captain. There will be hard, ahem, hard core demand for sultry voice overs with voice actors. Some of it related to the game chat commands, and some of it, obviously not. 

But for 300 dollars US, WG will call a player, ask them to read a few paragraphs, and they will give them a FDR CV in exchange.

You may think that is weird until Buster Crabbe does show up. 

Although, oddly...oh damn diggity...oddly...it didn't hit me just now...but he does look like a certain streamer I know and if I mention his name, I will be in a whole heap of trouble.

Let's just say that the hair style, that innocent boyish look, were he not blonde, and instead darker in hair color, and speaks native German.

Ok, said enough clues. If you guys can't figure it out by now, then I refer to an English Nursery Rhyme

Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday,
Christened on a stark and stormy Tuesday,
Married on a grey and grisly Wednesday,
Took ill on a mild and mellow Thursday,
Grew worse on a bright and breezy Friday,
Died on a grey and glorious Saturday,
Buried on a baking, blistering Sunday.
That was the end of Solomon Grundy.

That is my final clue. Oh why I didn't see it sooner is beyond me. He will never live this down. The resemblance is uncanny. :cap_look:

While researching Larry "Buster" Crabbe and his acting career, last night, I learned that he was a guest-star in an episode of Buck Rodger's (which starred Gil Gerard).
Larry "Buster" Crabbe played the role of Brigadier Gordon.

Answering Buck's query on where he learned his starfighter skills, Gordon says he was doing this before Buck was born. This line was actually Buster Crabbe and Gil Gerard stepping out of character temporarily. This is a reference to when Crabbe played Buck Rogers in the original 1939 series (Gil Gerard was born in 1943).
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0533107/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

While gathering voice-over material from Larry "Buster" Crabbe would be difficult, nowadays, I think Gil Gerard is still available.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001266/

If this line of thinking regarding Commanders from these genres is pursued, then I feel there would be plenty of potential opportunity for male and female Commanders in-game.

Tagged for @Hapa_Fodder & @Mademoisail

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

While researching Larry "Buster" Crabbe and his acting career, last night, I learned that he was a guest-star in an episode of Buck Rodger's (which starred Gil Gerard).
Larry "Buster" Crabbe played the role of Brigadier Gordon.

While gathering voice-over material from Larry "Buster" Crabbe would be difficult, nowadays, I think Gil Gerard is still available.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001266/

If this line of thinking regarding Commanders from these genres is pursued, then I feel there would be plenty of potential opportunity for male and female Commanders in-game.

Tagged for @Hapa_Fodder & @Mademoisail

I know who could voice Princess Ardalla frmirrors, Rogers. That vanity, those mirrors, technically a space pirate princess, and operates that CV in space. 

She even has a pet. Tigerman.

Imagine her on Twitter. Imagine her on Twitch doing a Hot Tub stream while attacking a flaming potato 🥔 with her CV.

"I'm Finnished!"

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I know who could voice Princess Ardalla frmirrors, Rogers. That vanity, those mirrors, technically a space pirate princess, and operates that CV in space. 

She even has a pet. Tigerman.

Imagine her on Twitter. Imagine her on Twitch doing a Hot Tub stream while attacking a flaming potato 🥔 with her CV.

"I'm Finnished!"

Yes, Pamela Hensley, a.k.a. Princess Ardala, is still alive and would be wonderful as a "Space Carrier" Commander, I feel.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002135/

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
10 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

@Wolfswetpaws buck rodgers beedy beedy whats up buck 

image_2021-05-02_212638.thumb.png.1c73e368b3f10309c1714ef058584bf5.png

• Funny 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

image_2021-05-02_212638.thumb.png.1c73e368b3f10309c1714ef058584bf5.png

You know, if he ever got mass produced and had attachments. Humanity just might go extinct. Because Twiki was by far more of a ladies man than Buck ever was on that show.😂

• Funny 1