Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Otago_F111

Never, never was I going to reset any lines, ever!!

83 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

187
[AN2AC]
Members
393 posts
12,312 battles

... but I really really want some of the steel research point ships!!  I am now prepared to reset some lines :Smile_facepalm:

Just been reading up on it and the next season starts 15th May. Is any particular line is better to achieve this reset (apart from ones you might enjoy more)? 

Reading the wiki you can reset twice in one season? 

Any added tips that might be helpful?

Edited by Otago_F111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,872
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,467 battles
1 minute ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

resetting lines doesn't get you steel ships...

Shh.....

Let him find out....

Like he could reset a line now for 2x, then on 13th do it on another line....

.....

Now I'm off to reset IJN gunboats again....

1 last ship, Colbert.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[T_O_P]
Members
713 posts

Resetting the lines lets you earn RESEARCH POINTS from Research Bureau (that square you see in the armory <> ) NOT STEEL 

You get steel from:

- Daily missions

- Ranked

- some other competitive events

 - usually the Dockyard events (like the one right now for the DD If you purchase all the remaining stages, but continue to go through directives, and "cash in" the awarded tokens in the dockyard)

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[AN2AC]
Members
393 posts
12,312 battles

ok got it, I did mean ships that research points are required

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,055
[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles
19 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

ok got it, I did mean ships that research points are required

And there are some good ones in there to get so definitely not a waste of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,010
[O7]
Supertester
584 posts
15,532 battles

You can reset lines as long as you have fully researched them. There is no limit to when or how often you reset a line. 

You get up to 10k RP for each reset, though there is a 2x bonus for resetting them every now and then.

DD lines require the least amount of exp to fully research them. IJN Harugumo line requires the least amount of exp needed of all lines.

Do note that CVs get reduced RP due to less ships in the line.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,061
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,579 posts
27 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

 Next month is supposed to be 4x

 

Said who and where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
777
[RSL]
Members
897 posts
13,676 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Said who and where?

Im guessing he means he is stacking 2 x2 resets, so essentially an x4 bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,061
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,579 posts
Just now, SirPent13 said:

Im guessing he means he is stacking 2 x2 resets, so essentially an x4 bonus.

Ah ok.  There is nothing special about next month that I am aware of though.  You can stack resets any time you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
777
[RSL]
Members
897 posts
13,676 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Ah ok.  There is nothing special about next month that I am aware of though.  You can stack resets any time you want.

Yup, though i think the next season starts next month, hence the extra x2, but thats normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,430
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,193 posts
15,767 battles

I don't losing access to the ships. I have no problem redoing their experience in order and would have no qualms not getting any experience if I did play a ship that was not unlocked yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,222
[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Next season.

That should be less than 30 days. The multiplier and days left are contained within your tech tree at the bottom where the RP symbol sits. Hover over that and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,198
[PVE]
Members
12,065 posts
21,313 battles
2 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

... but I really really want some of the steel research point ships!!  I am now prepared to reset some lines :Smile_facepalm:

Just been reading up on it and the next season starts 15th May. Is any particular line is better to achieve this reset (apart from ones you might enjoy more)? 

Reading the wiki you can reset twice in one season? 

Any added tips that might be helpful?

If you want the bonus for this  season reset a line right now and then next season the first line you reset gets you the bonus for that season. As far as I understand you can reset as many lines as you want to during a season but you only get the double bonus for the first reset. You also can use Free XP to stack bonus' so if you are low on credits you don't have to purchase the ships. For instance if you reset a line right now and want to spend the FXP to research the whole line with out buying the ships and then you reset the line on the 15th and play one battle in each ship you will earn 40,000 research points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you want the bonus for this  season reset a line right now and then next season the first line you reset gets you the bonus for that season. As far as I understand you can reset as many lines as you want to during a season but you only get the double bonus for the first reset. You also can use Free XP to stack bonus' so if you are low on credits you don't have to purchase the ships. For instance if you reset a line right now and want to spend the FXP to research the whole line with out buying the ships and then you reset the line on the 15th and play one battle in each ship you will earn 40,000 research points.

Do you get RP for playing the first battle only? Or do you continue getting Rp for each battle you play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,167
[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
1 minute ago, Boomer625 said:

Do you get RP for playing the first battle only? Or do you continue getting Rp for each battle you play?

Only the first battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,198
[PVE]
Members
12,065 posts
21,313 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Only the first battle.

The first battle on each ship tiers 5 -10 I think. If I remember correctly it used to be the first battle on tier 6-10. You can stack as many resets as you want to, you don't get the points until you play one battle and win I think in each of those tiers.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[WOLFH]
Members
742 posts
31,802 battles

StatsBloke (EU CC) did a very good video on the Research Bureau

The bit about using Free XP to reset lines is about 18:20 into the video.

If you are going to grind through a reset line(s) the best advice is to pick ones you enjoyed playing from Tiers 5 to Tier 9.

If you have the FXP to spare to help your grind you can use FXP to skip the lower tier ships and start at Tier 5.

If you have lots of FXP, as mentioned in the video you can use FXP to unlock - but NOT buy - all the ships in a line and then reset that line again to stack the Research Point payout on ships.

The cheapest line to reset with FXP is the Harugumo line (Gunboat IJN DDs).

https://wowsft.com/research  is the page to use when you want to work out how much FXP (or XP) you need to go up ship lines.

I recently posted on reddit a list of all current ship lines and the amount of FXP needed for all the current lines.

I hope this helps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
46 minutes ago, Grantwhy said:

StatsBloke (EU CC) did a very good video on the Research Bureau

The bit about using Free XP to reset lines is about 18:20 into the video.

If you are going to grind through a reset line(s) the best advice is to pick ones you enjoyed playing from Tiers 5 to Tier 9.

If you have the FXP to spare to help your grind you can use FXP to skip the lower tier ships and start at Tier 5.

If you have lots of FXP, as mentioned in the video you can use FXP to unlock - but NOT buy - all the ships in a line and then reset that line again to stack the Research Point payout on ships.

The cheapest line to reset with FXP is the Harugumo line (Gunboat IJN DDs).

https://wowsft.com/research  is the page to use when you want to work out how much FXP (or XP) you need to go up ship lines.

I recently posted on reddit a list of all current ship lines and the amount of FXP needed for all the current lines.

I hope this helps :)

I also found that the WOWS filter has a reasearch calculatior: https://wowsft.com/research

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,384
[-BUI-]
Members
2,797 posts
7,603 battles

Just FXP the IJN Gunboat Line (cheapest).

Actually replaying the line is for suckers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
12 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Just FXP the IJN Gunboat Line (cheapest).

Actually replaying the line is for suckers.

How easy is it to manually grind the line? I think t8 -t10 have some very strong ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,023
[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
4 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Just FXP the IJN Gunboat Line (cheapest).

Actually replaying the line is for suckers.

You know some of us want to save our FXP up for other stuff, right?

4 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

How easy is it to manually grind the line? I think t8 -t10 have some very strong ships

Look at the figures already given above by @Grantwhy. You can round the IJN DD lines up to 700,000 to give yourself a bit of padding (IIRC the Hatsuharu needs her longer-ranged torps unlocked, and I think so does the Fubuki, which will make the rest of the grind much more comfortable). There are 90 days between reset seasons (for the double bonus). The rest is easy division: 700,000 / 90 = 7777.7777.... so round that up to 7800 XP PER DAY, an easily achievable figure. If you play your line-grind ship out to the second daily crate (12,500 XP) every night, you will have it done in less than 60 days (two months).

Even the worst case, according to Grantwhy, is 886,800/90, i.e. 9853 per day (RU BB line), or 71 days if played to the second crate.

If you're truly dedicated and can spend an entire session out to the third crate with that one ship, that's 37,000 XP a night on the grind to have the IJN gunboat line redone in nineteen days, which is not less than four regrinds a season for 20,000 x 1 and 10,000 x 3 = 50,000 research points (i.e. grab the Paolo immediately).

How much can you afford in terms of flags, signals, blood, sweat and tears? The choice is yours.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,386
[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

I've reground multiple lines of ships and have found the easiest for me was US DDs, not a bad ship in the line and consistent XP results.

You'll probably find the easiest to grind are the ships you most like to play normally.

Stack your camos & flags and you can belt them out in under 50 games (Nb. I free XP the upgrades).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×