Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stuby5600

So Napoli is interesting...

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

116
[SIAS]
Members
29 posts
6,299 battles

 I saw that they buffed the Napoli and now this ship has me intrigued more than ever. Good guns with good dispersion now, the supposed best secondaries in the game, and great armor. The only real drawback I can think of is the range and AA but even so, this thing could be a monster in all game modes. 

Now the thing that has me worried is how we're going to obtain the thing. I really want it for steel but the chance of that is slim as Austin just came out. Maybe they sell this for coal which I would really mind. free XP would be ok I guess. the only one that I don't want it to be is research points. I don't want to regrind lines again.

Anyway, I hope they don't nerf this ship and it's a steel ship but we'll see

And one more thing. when is Napoli coming out, 1.5  or 1.6?

Screenshot 2021-04-28 204934.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
20 posts
5,928 battles

All I know for sure is I need this ship in my life. I’m thinking possibly steel or FXP. Considering they just dropped one for each besides FXP it could be FXP.

I hope not RB and I’d be very annoyed if it was a Dockyard ship. That’s my worry is it’s a DY ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
559 posts
12,364 battles
10 minutes ago, Soviet_CareBear said:

All I know for sure is I need this ship in my life. I’m thinking possibly steel or FXP. Considering they just dropped one for each besides FXP it could be FXP.

I hope not RB and I’d be very annoyed if it was a Dockyard ship. That’s my worry is it’s a DY ship.

Keep in mind we got 3 dockyard ships last year, 1 tier 9 and 2 tier 8s. We just got a 9 this year, 2nd one wont be till anniversary time (sept) at the earliest.  Also the only tier 10 ships for fxp have been dds. There is too much free xp around. My guess is coal or steel. It's about time for stalin to get pulled so maybe steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
777
[RSL]
Members
897 posts
13,665 battles
1 hour ago, Darmokattenagra said:

Keep in mind we got 3 dockyard ships last year, 1 tier 9 and 2 tier 8s. We just got a 9 this year, 2nd one wont be till anniversary time (sept) at the earliest.  Also the only tier 10 ships for fxp have been dds. There is too much free xp around. My guess is coal or steel. It's about time for stalin to get pulled so maybe steel.

I highly doubt Stalin is going to get pulled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
20 posts
5,928 battles
2 hours ago, Darmokattenagra said:

Keep in mind we got 3 dockyard ships last year, 1 tier 9 and 2 tier 8s. We just got a 9 this year, 2nd one wont be till anniversary time (sept) at the earliest.  Also the only tier 10 ships for fxp have been dds. There is too much free xp around. My guess is coal or steel. It's about time for stalin to get pulled so maybe steel.

Would make sense honestly thinking about it. I’m hoping it’s for steel to be honest. None of the ships are pulling me so I’m not sure what to spend my hoard of steel on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
8 hours ago, Stuby5600 said:

 I saw that they buffed the Napoli and now this ship has me intrigued more than ever. Good guns with good dispersion now, the supposed best secondaries in the game, and great armor. The only real drawback I can think of is the range and AA but even so, this thing could be a monster in all game modes. 

Now the thing that has me worried is how we're going to obtain the thing. I really want it for steel but the chance of that is slim as Austin just came out. Maybe they sell this for coal which I would really mind. free XP would be ok I guess. the only one that I don't want it to be is research points. I don't want to regrind lines again.

Anyway, I hope they don't nerf this ship and it's a steel ship but we'll see

And one more thing. when is Napoli coming out, 1.5  or 1.6?

Screenshot 2021-04-28 204934.png

Get it as soon as it drops  while it's looking good (assuming they won't nerf it after buffing it...or at least not much before it's released)... I'm sure it will get "balanced" when the next skills rework drops in fall...

Now @Lert...please don't be one of those guys that comes on the forums complaining that your favorite ships got nerfed when that happens... it's just what they do :-)

But seriously...glad they're finally getting your ships in...as much as you help out LWM*** it's about time you finally get acknowledged for all your hard work & suggestions w/your Dutch line...

(-; That is why they finally added them...right? ;-) 

Now when is that Canadian line dropping for LWM!?!?!

[-: Hopefully they slip it in before the next skills rework in the fall also...then you can both complain about your favorite ships getting nerfed by the skills rework at the same time & be done with it :-]

***This tag below was supposed to go up there...but immediately after inserting it I edited stuff above it & my phone wouldn't let me go below it again...try to touch below it & my keyboard just disappears...cheap phone...it's a known bug...if I had typed just 1 word (or even a letter) below it before I edited above it...it would have let me go below it & continue the rest from.there...but I blew it...doh!!!

@LittleWhiteMouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,262
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

(-; That is why they finally added them...right? ;-)

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C71Oq3k7x1

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,227 posts
7,190 battles

I suggest calm. Wait till the the ship is released and that the CCs can explain the gameplay. For now, We can't share personal experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,407
[FORM]
Members
3,070 posts
15,784 battles
11 hours ago, Stuby5600 said:

I saw that they buffed the Napoli and now this ship has me intrigued more than ever. Good guns with good dispersion now, the supposed best secondaries in the game, and great armor...

So, she's basically what my Siegfried was supposed to be before they took away her captain skills and turned her into a less qualified secondary cruiser than her sister ship the Agir. :-/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
Members
402 posts
11,526 battles

There isn't a heavy cruiser for RP, so I'm thinking they might go that route. 

EDIT: Before I get jumped on, Seigfried is a super cruiser / battlecruiser in my mind.  I want something a touch smaller and more maneuverable without being a light cruiser. 

Edited by Ceesa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,166 battles
9 minutes ago, TheArc said:

So, she's basically what my Siegfried was supposed to be before they took away her captain skills and turned her into a less qualified secondary cruiser than her sister ship the Agir. :-/ 

i never understood that. my pull for siegfried was never the incredible "ok" secondaries... it was the cruiser dispersion on battleship guns with 35 knots of speed and armour... like... sure if you wanted to build a meh secondary ship, good on you...

with ägir i could understand it more, but the changes there were before release so eh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,407
[FORM]
Members
3,070 posts
15,784 battles
33 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

i never understood that. my pull for siegfried was never the incredible "ok" secondaries... it was the cruiser dispersion on battleship guns with 35 knots of speed and armour... like... sure if you wanted to build a meh secondary ship, good on you...

with ägir i could understand it more, but the changes there were before release so eh...

The promoted the Sieg as the best secondary cruiser in the game, which it was. Still not as good as the BBs, but it was a fun option. 

The Agir is now better than the Sieg after 10.0, since it has more secondary guns but the range is as good as the Sieg's now, so maybe that's the part you didn't understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,166 battles
11 minutes ago, TheArc said:

The promoted the Sieg as the best secondary cruiser in the game, which it was. Still not as good as the BBs, but it was a fun option. 

The Agir is now better than the Sieg after 10.0, since it has more secondary guns but the range is as good as the Sieg's now, so maybe that's the part you didn't understand. 

i still would not use both of them for secondaries (even before the captain rework) but i think i got your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,255
[BONKY]
Members
2,282 posts
26,807 battles

For what resource Napoli will be, I think Coal and RB are out, as they seldom put two ships of the same nation  for the same resource. This would clash with Yolo and Marco Polo, so now it’s Free XP or steel. However, no T10 cruiser, or BB has been made available for Free XP, so my best guess is steel possibly to make room for a removal of Stalingrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
35 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

For what resource Napoli will be, I think Coal and RB are out, as they seldom put two ships of the same nation  for the same resource. This would clash with Yolo and Marco Polo, so now it’s Free XP or steel. However, no T10 cruiser, or BB has been made available for Free XP, so my best guess is steel possibly to make room for a removal of Stalingrad

I'm kinda hoping steel. I don't really see a reason they wouldn't do a Tier X cruiser or BB for FXP after they released two Tier X DDs for FXP, although I would be concerned that they'd view it as another chance to inflate the FXP price because cruisers and battleships are always more expensive for a given resource than a same-tier destroyer. I don't see a reason they'd remove Stalingrad, though, I mean, it's still good, but Moskva and Petropavlovsk are still there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,172
[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
Just now, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm kinda hoping steel. I don't really see a reason they wouldn't do a Tier X cruiser or BB for FXP after they released two Tier X DDs for FXP, although I would be concerned that they'd view it as another chance to inflate the FXP price because cruisers and battleships are always more expensive for a given resource than a same-tier destroyer. I don't see a reason they'd remove Stalingrad, though, I mean, it's still good, but Moskva and Petropavlovsk are still there. 

I think Napoli will be offered for Steel. No Italian ship in the game that I know of has been offered for Steel.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[ENDO]
Members
353 posts
8,272 battles

Ran into one this morning. Enemy team.. Very pretty looking. The driver got her right into central cap and looked to be doing some business with it. Sadly for her I had my Midway and needed that thing removed so we could get the cap. I can say with decent certainty her AA is going to do her zero favors and I hope her performance in other area offsets that. She felt easier to work over than Venezia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
7 minutes ago, Hukom said:

I think Napoli will be offered for Steel. No Italian ship in the game that I know of has been offered for Steel.
 

Ideally it would be for coal for me, since I don't have much interest in the coal ships I don't have, and coal is easier to come by, of course. I have the steel for it right off the bat, but we'll have to see.

3 minutes ago, MBRicochet said:

Ran into one this morning. Enemy team.. Very pretty looking. The driver got her right into central cap and looked to be doing some business with it. Sadly for her I had my Midway and needed that thing removed so we could get the cap. I can say with decent certainty her AA is going to do her zero favors and I hope her performance in other area offsets that. She felt easier to work over than Venezia. 

I'm thinking the primary problem is the same as with all the Italian ships - air spotting distance greater than AA range?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[ENDO]
Members
353 posts
8,272 battles

It appears that she has three zones as opposed to Venezias two. 4.6 3.5 and 2. So while they are supposed to have around the same DPS, Napoli has that 2km inner zone, and 100+ less daka per second on her medium with less range on the medium too. Less flak. Basically her AA seems functionally much worse than Venezia. Which surprised me. I was expecting to lose more planes. I noticed the difference immediately. She is going to be CV bait. I think Zao may actually be a harder target LOL. *I looked at Zaos AA*. Napoli is probably a slightly harder target to multiple times with DBs than Zao. Maybe. Not good. 

I am probably going to get Napoli. I am just cringing at the idea of her AA. She has a lot of what I want in a cruiser. Maybe the secondaries are going to be that good eh? *nervous laughter*

Edited by MBRicochet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,407
[FORM]
Members
3,070 posts
15,784 battles
1 hour ago, TobTorp said:

i still would not use both of them for secondaries (even before the captain rework) but i think i got your point.

Definitely not worth it now, that's for sure. I mean the secondaries are there, so they'll go off. But no point in putting the equipment on to try and maximize it, especially w/o any captain skills available for them. And even at it's best, it was never a super effective thing - more just for the shock of it. The torps were always far more dangerous to anyone you got close to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[SIAS]
Members
29 posts
6,299 battles
2 hours ago, MBRicochet said:

I am probably going to get Napoli. I am just cringing at the idea of her AA. She has a lot of what I want in a cruiser. Maybe the secondaries are going to be that good eh? *nervous laughter*

In the blog post they that Napoli will have one of the most accurate secondaries in the game so I assume they will be like Massachusetts or Georgia levels of accuracy but maybe more accurate as they have a limited range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
17 hours ago, SirPent13 said:

I highly doubt Stalin is going to get pulled

 

6 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I don't see a reason they'd remove Stalingrad

Unless any of the others get deemed to be too OP it will probably be the 1st steel ship of what's left to get pulled as it is the original steel ship so it's been around longer than the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,270
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
6 hours ago, MBRicochet said:

It appears that she has three zones as opposed to Venezias two. 4.6 3.5 and 2. So while they are supposed to have around the same DPS, Napoli has that 2km inner zone, and 100+ less daka per second on her medium with less range on the medium too. Less flak. Basically her AA seems functionally much worse than Venezia. Which surprised me. I was expecting to lose more planes. I noticed the difference immediately. She is going to be CV bait. I think Zao may actually be a harder target LOL. *I looked at Zaos AA*. Napoli is probably a slightly harder target to multiple times with DBs than Zao. Maybe. Not good. 

I am probably going to get Napoli. I am just cringing at the idea of her AA. She has a lot of what I want in a cruiser. Maybe the secondaries are going to be that good eh? *nervous laughter*

A price has to always be paid somewhere.  It doesn't surprise me to hear that her AA sucks because it goes in general line with Axis AA = The Suck.

 

It wouldn't be wise to slot SBM1 on Napoli for the purpose of PVP.  It puts her in dangerous territory to get smashed to pieces.  Her 90mm SAP shells can get bounced.  The range even with SBM1 is only 8.76km, for a Tier X that's pretty short.  The Tier IX German Super Cruisers get out to 9.54km and have High HE Pen secondaries.  There is also the simple fact that Cruisers don't pack many secondary guns to begin with.

 

For PVE you can get away with anything, but personally, 254mm 3x3 merits full attention in PVP than a bunch of puny 90mm secondaries that you have very few of and the shells can get bounced.  You also don't need to get into knife fighting range to make use of the 254mm 3x3.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,552
[X-PN]
Members
3,836 posts
17,720 battles
15 hours ago, TheArc said:

So, she's basically what my Siegfried was supposed to be before they took away her captain skills and turned her into a less qualified secondary cruiser than her sister ship the Agir. :-/ 

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

If WG releases this as a secondary cruiser.... I will be singing to the choir and anybody else who will listen for Siegfried to get the same accuracy.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×