You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Italian BBs

13 comments in this topic

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,022 battles

Has there been anything mentioned about uncapping the SAP against DDs its comically bad, I have not seen anything in the Dev blogs mentioning it.

Edited by vikingno2

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles

None I’m aware of.

Only used them a bit, but so far no real problem.

Well see when I get more games in.

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,022 battles

about to get the LePanto; but so far its a combination of bad traits that stack up real bad, very poor accuracy, with slow reload and the SAP is capped against DDs. Add in a sprinkling of all secondary's getting nerfed hard it makes for a very frustrating game. Hope they address it some

[-TKS-]
Members
113 posts
30,466 battles

As far as I can tell; this ship is designed for the bow on heavy cruisers. Haven't had much luck otherwise. I'll keep plugging away, maybe I'll unlock a secret to it!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,194 posts
15,770 battles

I think they over did that nerf and something less extreme, 15% or maybe 20% would make more sense as most of the time SAP is no better than AP and with some ships is worse.

• Cool 2

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

Italian BBs are doing quite well in Coocan as tech trees. Tier 8 is the only one where they aren't in first by WR, and they're in the top for damage for their tier except against Conqueror as well.

image.thumb.png.1c17557af8157986c84641b805b2fcaa.png

image.thumb.png.1df67d06f61f44cd704c247b989c3bd8.png

image.thumb.png.a0c92f524d89c3d1ace6781c5c76438c.png

Survival rate is also steady across the board. It's actually middle of the pack for survival at T10, which is fine when you consider the ships above it are Yamato with its insane torpedo belt, or Conqueror with its insane heal.

Edited by Compassghost
  • Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,844 posts
12,007 battles
4 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Has there been anything mentioned about uncapping the SAP against DDs its comically bad, I have not seen anything in the Dev blogs mentioning it.

Its only comically bad once you factor in that you can't hit anything, and then if you do it only allows 10% damage.    If there was a better chance of hitting something, the reduced damage would be palatable.

• Cool 1

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,022 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

Italian BBs are doing quite well in Coocan as tech trees. Tier 8 is the only one where they aren't in first by WR, and they're in the top for damage for their tier except against Conqueror as well.

image.thumb.png.1c17557af8157986c84641b805b2fcaa.png

image.thumb.png.1df67d06f61f44cd704c247b989c3bd8.png

image.thumb.png.a0c92f524d89c3d1ace6781c5c76438c.png

Survival rate is also steady across the board. It's actually middle of the pack for survival at T10, which is fine when you consider the ships above it are Yamato with its insane torpedo belt, or Conqueror with its insane heal.

And yet you don't play them? they aren't good. We all don't get to play the cool ships before everyone figure out the counter and they get "adjusted".

Do 25 random games , with no Division buddy's helping , in the tier 6, 7 and 8. Play them then get back to us.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,194 posts
15,770 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

And yet you don't play them? they aren't good. We all don't get to play the cool ships before everyone figure out the counter and they get "adjusted".

Do 25 random games , with no Division buddy's helping , in the tier 6, 7 and 8. Play them then get back to us.

In Compassghost's defense he doesn't seem to play BB's much at all any more. He is just pointing out what the stats say and at least for tiers 8 - 10 they are doing well.

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

Just to be clear, these are the guns we're talking about, right?

image.thumb.png.33f554839cdddcfc311d690287fbbe87.png

Against my better judgment taking a Colombo against Immelmann spam, I am playing exclusively Colombo in ranked for this sprint I guess?

image.png

image.png

Edited by Compassghost

[L-S-D]
Members
252 posts
57,086 battles

So 16 guns at 6k or less and you think that gives good results and means the guns are fine? well you do get a few lucky salvo's the t7 has the same guns and sigma and doesn't have the saturation to get hits.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

LePanto and Columbo are not bad ships. I like them. More. Just have to be choosy on what to shoot. Mainly cruisers. Delete them.

The carac on the other hand... the guns are wet noodles. Waste of time taking that through Narai and getting all shot up. The rest of them I sold off and good riddance.

Edited by xHeavy

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts
12 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Veneto's accuracy is particularly horrible. I stopped playing random battles with that ship.