You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ErikTheVikingMoose

Tier 11 IJN Battleship

5 comments in this topic

[DDG65]
Beta Testers
871 posts

The whole video is in what I think is Japanese and there is no English translation for CC but here it is anyways. Yes this is just a fantasy ship but still an interesting idea , but still  have some fun with it.

This is what happens when you mix some Imagination & 3D printer .   Enjoy !

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,211 posts
15,770 battles

You cant set it to auto translate in the settings which can be interesting but better than nothing. Someone had far too much time on their hands here.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,104 posts
29,413 battles

We'll call it the Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagi.

We're looking at not less than fifty IJN 410's on a broadside. That's going to evaporate just about anything in-game.

I used to "design" ships like this... when I was twelve. 

I know it's all for fun, but there's a part of me which wants a naval architect to run some numbers on this and determine as a reasonable estimate how much it would cost to build. Just to see the number.

[DDG65]
Beta Testers
871 posts

Yeah this is Girls und Panzer level stuff what with that 5 mile long carrier that GuP takes place on. 

Anyways,  If Yamato is a city at sea , this ship would be a metropolis.

Assuming this ship is early 1940s tech ,  I imagine the fuel tanks alone would be the equivalent or close to a super tanker of fuel oil . Fuel economy -  Barrels of oil to the meter ?

Otherwise nuclear reactors would be only viable option to power engines on something this big.

On land , entire ranches , farms and orchards would be required just feed the crew . 

A magazine detonation  might be on par with a nuclear detonation or a number of MOABS.   no doubt this would be a no smoking ship lol .

The Turning Radius would be measured in miles  i betcha , even with the help of side thrusters.

For an enemy fleet , this would be a hard target to miss.  A keel hauling at the very least for any gunner that does miss.  

Members
944 posts
2,251 battles

from a design POV...... it's aweful. As Erik said it'd get truely lousy fuel economy and be slow as heck. there's a reason "wing turrets" where abandoned they weigh a ton and you're less likely to use them. better to put the mass into armor and more centerline turrets. build this with 1940s tech and it'd honestly be a complete waste.