You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Sprint Coal Replacement

6 comments in this topic

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,055 posts
33,024 battles

Now that ranked sprint and sprint have combined there is no longer the 10k coal reward for ranking out in sprint. Though it's probably not the biggest issue in game, I would like to see a replacement. It was one of the fee ways to get coal outside of daily crates and missions. In fact, it was a considerable amount of coal if you account for upgrade coupons for special modules. 

Again, it's not the biggest issue but with releasing Marco Polo and M. Immelmann back to back it's a very long process to unlock a second ship, let alone purchase special modules or a captian. Just curious what everyone else thinks.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,335 battles

They removed signals and coal and added more doubloons basically. And made the rewards per game less. They are better now in this second season than they were in the first though.

Edited by DuckyShot

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,055 posts
33,024 battles
10 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

They removed signals and coal and added more doubloons basically. And made the rewards per game less. They are better now in this second season than they were in the first though.

I really feel like they are are far too concerned with players hording resources and forcing other players to participate in the game by limiting rewards. 

I enjoy the game, even with its issues, but I'm really tired of feeling constrained by dates and limited resource gathering abilities. 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles

Yea... that and not rewarding signals has made ranked a bit more of a drain than I'm interested in.. As much as I would like to have the steel   they've pretty radically adjusted the economy here lately and are furthering that with the next few patches it appears from early notes.     

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,335 battles
43 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I really feel like they are are far too concerned with players hording resources and forcing other players to participate in the game by limiting rewards. 

I enjoy the game, even with its issues, but I'm really tired of feeling constrained by dates and limited resource gathering abilities. 

The very forgiving economy in this game was part of the original draw to the game for me. It made me happy to spend money as certain parts of the game were very open. As they have started restricting the economy more and more, so have I my spending.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
1 hour ago, DuckyShot said:

The very forgiving economy in this game was part of the original draw to the game for me. It made me happy to spend money as certain parts of the game were very open. As they have started restricting the economy more and more, so have I my spending.

Wait a minute...you started just a couple months after me in 2016 & the economy back then was nowhere as forgiving as it is now...it may be less forgiving than it was just a few months ago (& steadily getting worse) but it was way worse back then.

The only way to get any kind of signals was through actually getting the achievements that gave them (something they're about to remove & change out for some "get a mission to earn daily containers" system that seems like a big kick in the gonads to me comparatively).

Daily missions (in a different format that didn't give out what they do nowadays by a long shot...usually just a couple/few economics signals & type 1 & type 2 camos...to get a Sierra Mike or even a type 5 camo was a rare event indeed) didn't start up until awhile after that & resources like coal & steel didn't even exist...& there wasn't any FXP ships available back then either.

No free T10 camos (& just mentioning the idea in the forums would have produced a record breaking amount of laughing memes...not that I can direct you to those threads as they surely don't exist) until the US cruiser split came around...although during the IJN DD split if you had purchased a camo for any of the ships that got swapped around in the past you got free camos for the whole torp line (even the Yugumo & Shima if you had only purchased the old T8 Fubuki camo...that was nice of them)...a buddy of mine got that lucky...but freebies from WG were rare indeed back then.

Missions for free premium ships back then...:Smile_sad:(I'm sorry...I do not understand the words that are coming out of your mouth...jk...there was a few we actually missed out on that were pretty good...but they were not often)...although the ARPs missions/Shininome campaign wasn't too long after then.

So yeah...compared to what it was like before the CV rebork it's dropped quite a bit (& even more so since the skills rebork)...but compared to when we started it's still miles above.

Heck...clans (let alone CBs) didn't even exist back then (although team battles had but we're gone by then...not sure what rewards you got from any of them though).

It did start to pick up not too long afterwards...the 1st Halloween event was when camos (other than type 1/2/or 5) were given in mass quantity by just farming the event over & over...still have over 500 of those 1st ones (really liked that event & as they started giving a bunch of different ones to use shortly after that I just saved them).

But you took a different path than me...you actually watched videos & stuff to learn how to get gud while I derped around for quite awhile w/out ever going on the forums so some of those earlier things may have started before you got into seriously playing (& you were probably achieving more of those achievements on account of that also).

Also granted...the missions for a lot of those older things were not the grindfests they are today...but there was just a lot less of them or the rewards were a lot less for them...& there was no armory to purchase any of them.

There was a lot more discounts on TT ships though (almost every week had a discount on at least 1 or more nations ships)...but no early access.

There was type 1/2/& 5 camo discounts pretty often also so you could stock up on them for cheap...but all the other camos (which I have about 5-6k of w/varying buffs nowadays) were rare at 1st....now they give them out like candy.

& let's not forget about standard post battle costs...used to be a lot more expensive to run higher tier ships unless you did really well...but the -10% post battle signals used to be worth more than 18k credits back then if you did good also...today that is their max value & only in T10 matches...they just get less valuable the lower tier you use them in (only 12k in a T9 battle for example).

But if you were willing to pay the results were not too bad (I paid to get the Atlanta & a camo for the Gearing when the earlier commander skill shuffle happened to farm ECXP from them...but the loss of stealth firing shortly afterwards thwarted my goals of running them on the same commander because AFT became a no-no on Gearing (gun bloom issues & all that) while AFT on the Atlanta was like American Express...you didn't leave port w/out it...butI also converted FXP to bring the commander up to 19 points so it's been Xmas ever since then on easily making 19 pointers...this new commander shuffle didn't bother me as I had an extra 8M on hand also.

Ok...wall of text over...

Sorry... wasn't expecting so many examples of how much better the economy is today compared to back then to jump into my little pea sized brain.