You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

Where is our "Catch the Star" event?

13 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,052 battles

On the Russian server, there is a "Catch the star" event happening. 

For 3 days from April 27 to 30, similar to Snowflake, the first random/ranked win with at least 200xp earns you 2 points, and in Co-op battle, it is 1 point.
By the end of 3 days, there will be prizes:

unknown.png

The event does not seem to be tied to any kind of exclusive Russian holiday or personality, here is the event description
https://worldofwarships.ru/ru/news/sales-and-events/catch_the_star/

Why is not this event happening here on NA servers? We also want our super container!!!
@Hapa_Fodder ?

• Boring 1

[D-H-O]
WoWS Community Contributors
4,755 posts
20,082 battles
4 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

On the Russian server, there is a "Catch the star" event happening. 

For 3 days from April 27 to 30, similar to Snowflake, the first random/ranked win with at least 200xp earns you 2 points, and in Co-op battle, it is 1 point.
By the end of 3 days, there will be prizes:

unknown.png

The event does not seem to be tied to any kind of exclusive Russian holiday or personality, here is the event description
https://worldofwarships.ru/ru/news/sales-and-events/catch_the_star/

Why is not this event happening here on NA servers? We also want our super container!!!
@Hapa_Fodder ?

Aloha,

Every server has their own "Regional" activities that are done throughout the year that not all regions participate in (Case in point ANZAC Day on NA) . This is one of them. That being said, depending on feedback, we can look into possibly duplicating this for the NA server.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 6

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,052 battles
6 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Every server has their own "Regional" activities that are done throughout the year that not all regions participate in (Case in point ANZAC Day on NA) . This is one of them. That being said, depending on feedback, we can look into possibly duplicating this for the NA server.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

It's a supercontainer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What other feedback do we want? Everybody loves supercontainers!

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
1 minute ago, crazyrom said:

Everybody loves supercontainers!

You clearly haven't seen the super containers I'm getting..... :Smile_hiding: All joking aside.  This sounds like a good event.  Let's hope it comes to NA.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You clearly haven't seen the super containers I'm getting..... :Smile_hiding: All joking aside.  This sounds like a good event.  Let's hope it comes to NA.

I also got some not-so-great ones, but well, there is still some chance for a ship or even dragon flags. Got 25 green ones from my last SC, 

It's something meme // All the memes: http://alltheragefaces.com/?page=1 |  New movie posters, Its something meme, Funny new

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,974 battles

Hmm, at 2.5 points per Randoms win, that's not bad. 24 wins (in different ships) over 3 days, and all active modes count.

Still, it's a "grind more today" event. I'd rather see more creative and unusual events to encourage people to diversify their play patterns. Respec holiday, anyone? Scenario Day?

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles
4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

That being said, depending on feedback, we can look into possibly duplicating this for the NA server.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Let's do this...

Can't see any objections to this...

Why wasn't it done yesterday?

Stop teasing us...

Get it together already...

Where's the love???

:-) :Smile_trollface: ,:-)

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,273 battles
12 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

:cap_cool:I have a feeling that in NA, it would be called: 

Catch the CV:cap_haloween:

Considering how many matches I have seen thrown because potatoes spot the enemy CV, turn their brains off and fixate on sinking it no matter what....

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
16 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Considering how many matches I have seen thrown because potatoes spot the enemy CV, turn their brains off and fixate on sinking it no matter what....

Yes, it is a fixation. Like when Shakira swings those hips. You want to look away while your GF is standing right next to you, but you can't. Then you get a set of broken ribs for it, crushed nuts, and absolutely no fleet action for months. Morale is low after that. But yet again, those hips don't lie and you still keep looking. :cap_look:

• Cool 1

Members
136 posts
562 battles
3 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yes, it is a fixation. Like when Shakira swings those hips. You want to look away while your GF is standing right next to you, but you can't. Then you get a set of broken ribs for it, crushed nuts, and absolutely no fleet action for months. Morale is low after that. But yet again, those hips don't lie and you still keep looking. :cap_look:

God damnit you made me spit my drink across the screen.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Forget the hips.

I tend to focus on the structural frame. If I had a GF with me then you can show a thousand and it wont be a distracting.

As far as the Russian Snowflakes... well, maybe they have not yet fully grown up while being taught in school yet. (Teasing)

In fact it wont hurt WG to throw a few snowflakes more often than once a year into NA. Most of my fleet is configured for the next winter's event that is pending a few months from now.

[V1-PI]
Beta Testers
434 posts
11,242 battles
16 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

yea to win a ship i already have so all i'd get is a mill creds or so and how many times are they gonna give it away. horrid range for it's tier garbage reload for so few guns and it see's tier 8. yea it's stealthy but it's not a ship you want to get close in unless your top tier and they are distracted. it seems like they have no issues giving the weak sauce away because it doesn't sell glad i got mine in a christmas crate. it's almost as bad as boise and julio being tier 7 with not even 14km range without that crazy heal i'd never pay more than 10 bucks and of course they have slow reloads as well glad i got both from crates as well. i mean what i'd get for the perth if i was lucky I easily make within a few games in jb